The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

What day is everyone moving in to their accommodation?

Are most people moving in on the first day of their contract? That might sound daft, but some (if not all, I'm not really sure) contracts start on the 15th September, which is a Wednesday, making it a bit inconvenient for people travelling from far away. Are lots of people moving in at the weekend instead?

Personally, I would like to move in ASAP, but if the majority of people are waiting until Saturday... the thought of sitting in an empty flat for 3 days is somewhat unappealing!
southpaw.24
Are most people moving in on the first day of their contract? That might sound daft, but some (if not all, I'm not really sure) contracts start on the 15th September, which is a Wednesday, making it a bit inconvenient for people travelling from far away. Are lots of people moving in at the weekend instead?

Personally, I would like to move in ASAP, but if the majority of people are waiting until Saturday... the thought of sitting in an empty flat for 3 days is somewhat unappealing!

I'm moving in on the 15th, as it's easier for me :smile:
What accom are you in?
:biggrin:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I'm moving in on the 15th, my dad's self-employed so he can just take the day off to take me. I live about an hour away so if it turns out my flat's a bit dead I can just go home anyway for a while.

I'm in Oxley House.
I moved into Concept Place with my boyfriend on wednesday and I'm quite surprised that a few people have moved in already lol :smile: it's good to move in early cuz u then have a chance to explore the city and find the decent shops :biggrin:
Moving in on the 15th, only thanks to both my parents being able to both get the day off though. Still gives me a few days to scout around the city anyway :smile:
Reply 5
I'm moving in on the 17th. So far everyone I've heard from is moving in on the 15th, which is a bit worrying because I don't want to be the last one in my flat to move in.
Reply 6
I'm sure you won't be. I want to move in on the 16th but it all depends whether my dad can get time off work, it's pretty important that he's in work that week for many reasons. The 15th is my mums birthday, i'd feel terrible leaving on that day :frown:
Reply 7
I will be moving in on the Saturday (18th) as its the only time my parents are able to take me due to work commitments! I was a little nervous about this at first as contracts obviously begin on the 15th but after speaking to 5 fellow flatmates on Facebook I found out they were all moving in on the 18th/19th - so I'm sure it'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 8
I'm moving in on the 15th, want to get set up as fast as possible (that and I'll be in Leeds as of the 11th, so I might as well)
I'm moving in on the 19th, because it's the only time my parents can come.
im moving in on the 16th :smile: i cant wait!!
Has anyone else moved in already? :smile:
Reply 12
Squids
I'm moving in on the 15th, want to get set up as fast as possible (that and I'll be in Leeds as of the 11th, so I might as well)

Im moving in on the 15th too, gives me a chance to get to know the area and my accomodation, which accomodation are you in and which course? :smile:
Saturday :smile: really nervous about it all!
Reply 14
Friday woooooooooooooooooo
Wednesday ^^

Latest