The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL Pre Enrollment

When do we have to finish the MySIS Pre Enrollment thing for QMUL?
Reply 1
hkcader
When do we have to finish the MySIS Pre Enrollment thing for QMUL?

Before your actual college enrolment day for your subject
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
:redface: have people alrdy started (re)enrolling my dept haven't sent me nothing about this as of yet
Reply 3
I've done my pre-enrolment thing online already. If you look on the the online system, they give you a link to a "pre-enrolment guide" or something and that has all the dates regarding when you properly enrol etc.
Reply 4
Sorry to invade your thread but does anyone know if there is a deadline for choosing modules? for my department we have to apparently contact a person.
And also, you must do your pre-enrolment before your actual college enrolment.
Reply 5
pippit
Sorry to invade your thread but does anyone know if there is a deadline for choosing modules? for my department we have to apparently contact a person.

Sept 6 to Oct 10

yup, everyone has to pre-enroll n print that certificate.
Reply 6
pippit

I know that you can start choosing from 6th Sept and there are different deadlines for different departments. I'm doing history and there was a set deadline (can't remember off the top of my head), but my friend doing biology has a different date. You should either check the "pre-enrolment guide", which can be found on the online system when you pre-enrol, because that has some info about choosing modules, or call up your department and ask.

You need to get your modules checked by the tutors (or someone in the department) and you need the modules to be confirmed before you can start, which can take some time.

I think just do it asap! They did mention something about if you leave it late, not only may you not get a place to do that module, but if some modules are not suitable, e.g. they don't fit the timetable etc, you'll have to re-choose all your modules using the online system and this could lead to you risking your place on the modules that are sutiable for you.

My advice, get it done as early as possible!
Reply 7
Bluebubble
I know that you can start choosing from 6th Sept and there are different deadlines for different departments. I'm doing history and there was a set deadline (can't remember off the top of my head), but my friend doing biology has a different date. You should either check the "pre-enrolment guide", which can be found on the online system when you pre-enrol, because that has some info about choosing modules, or call up your department and ask.

You need to get your modules checked by the tutors (or someone in the department) and you need the modules to be confirmed before you can start, which can take some time.

I think just do it asap! They did mention something about if you leave it late, not only may you not get a place to do that module, but if some modules are not suitable, e.g. they don't fit the timetable etc, you'll have to re-choose all your modules using the online system and this could lead to you risking your place on the modules that are sutiable for you.

:O I'm just really confused about the semester 1 and etc.
I know that each semester you have to take a modules which add up to 60 credits. So do you register for modules for the entire year? Or for the length of your course >.< :eek3:
Reply 8
pippit
:O I'm just really confused about the semester 1 and etc.
I know that each semester you have to take a modules which add up to 60 credits. So do you register for modules for the entire year? Or for the length of your course >.< :eek3:

You register at the beginning for the entire year. Then in Semester B you register for your exams. However, at the beginning of each semester your modules have to 'confirmed'. At least, that's the policy at SBCS.
Reply 9
norg
You register at the beginning for the entire year. Then in Semester B you register for your exams. However, at the beginning of each semester your modules have to 'confirmed'. At least, that's the policy at SBCS.

aaaaah thanks =D
I just found out from e.e. that apparently our first year modules are all fixed >.< but thank you <3
Reply 10
Bluebubble

Hey I'm doing History too, a London born American raised student. Was wondering about the general reputation of our department (and QMUL in general) in London?
Reply 11
deedee92
Hey I'm doing History too, a London born American raised student. Was wondering about the general reputation of our department (and QMUL in general) in London?

Queen Mary is a respectable uni and it seems to go up on the league tables year on year, which is good news! This year, QMUL is 12th in the country for history and a lot of people have said that the teaching is very good too. I guess we'll find out soon!

PM me your name maybe? So i'll know someone before i start? :smile:
you can do Pre-enrollment online.. Want to know more about pre-enrollment checklist.. here is a blog.. I think this would help you...:smile:
Original post by pippit

hello. i see from your signature that you're doing the exact same course that i've firmed to start this september. would you mind telling me what the course, teaching and facilities are like? thank you.
Reply 14
Original post by ResultsDday
hello. i see from your signature that you're doing the exact same course that i've firmed to start this september. would you mind telling me what the course, teaching and facilities are like? thank you.

Umm sorry for the very belated reply I haven't logged in for ages >.<

If you are hoping to do more business rather then ict then I'm not sure if this is the course you'd like because it's 3/4 computing modules and 1/4 business modules.

In terms of the facilities, they have some lectures in labs so you can try out the programming during the lecture incase you need help with it but this was just for my Java lectures. I had my first lecture in a cinema which was not what I expected :confused:
In order to understand what the lecturers are talking about you must read before the lecture otherwise you'll be super lost. :biggrin: Feel free to PM me 'cuz I'm not sure what you really want to know. And I'm transferring courses because I wasn't happy with mine for personal reasons, but good luck to you :biggrin:
Reply 15
Hi everyone. I am really confused about all this pre-enrollment thing. I cant find any link to the pre-enrollment guide. Help please. Btw I am an international student from Mauritius :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by icefrost
Hi everyone. I am really confused about all this pre-enrollment thing. I cant find any link to the pre-enrollment guide. Help please. Btw I am an international student from Mauritius :smile:

Give it a few days, etc as right now everything is really busy with clearing, etc
But it should be done through mysis
Reply 17
Hi guys, during pre-enrolment which certificates are you asked for? A-level/Gcse or both?
Original post by SP195
Hi guys, during pre-enrolment which certificates are you asked for? A-level/Gcse or both?

A level, and they want to see genuine originals instead of a photocopy... that delayed me for two weeks last year because I didn't think they wanted the originals

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending