The Student Room Group
Keep a regular eye on www.pharmj.com and read about the latest news in the Pharmacy world - always provides good discussion material if you get asked. e.g. this week the government has proposed changes to the Medicines Act which would mean that Pharmacists no longer need to be physically on the premises in order to have 'personal control' of the pharmacy - means that medicines can be sold and prescription medicines handed out to customers without a pharmacist being present - IMO something which is hugely wrong, but vast swathes of the profession seem to think it's a good idea and that it will help them further their professional aspirations. :rolleyes:
Keep a regular eye on www.pharmj.com and read about the latest news in the Pharmacy world - always provides good discussion material if you get asked. e.g. this week the government has proposed changes to the Medicines Act which would mean that Pharmacists no longer need to be physically on the premises in order to have 'personal control' of the pharmacy - means that medicines can be sold and prescription medicines handed out to customers without a pharmacist being present - IMO something which is hugely wrong, but vast swathes of the profession seem to think it's a good idea and that it will help them further their professional aspirations. :rolleyes:
Most of the stuff i got asked was about why i wanted to do pharmacy, what qualities i saw as being essential in becoming a good pharmacist, how i could demonstate that i had these qualities.

As suggested, read up a bit on whats in the news at the minute regarding health/pharmacy. It shows that you've done your research and a certain sense of willingness which seemed to please the people who interviewed me. Good luck!
Reply 4
Jimmocrates
Most of the stuff i got asked was about why i wanted to do pharmacy, what qualities i saw as being essential in becoming a good pharmacist, how i could demonstate that i had these qualities.

As suggested, read up a bit on whats in the news at the minute regarding health/pharmacy. It shows that you've done your research and a certain sense of willingness which seemed to please the people who interviewed me. Good luck!

Which university was that (assuming Manchester as thats what your location is showing as by your avatar)? :smile:
Reply 5
Nottingham last year was a group interview with 2 other people - just the usual sort of questions about "why pharmacy? why nottingham? do you have any questions to ask us?". It was reasonably informal and friendly - i just wish that I'd got the contact details (or could remember the names) of the people who were in the interview with me to find out how they did! (I remember that the other guy was from manchester, and the girl from Skelmersdale - just cant remember the names!!!)
Reply 6
Another question: Are pharmacy interviews key to deciding who gets an offer and who doesn't, or are they really just 'informal chats' with the purpose of wooing students to go to their univerisity?

Latest

Trending

Trending