The Student Room Group

Standard Grade Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jelephant
Psssst, OP.... take your sarcasm meter back to Tesco, it blatantly isn't working. This thread is priceless xD

I did ask if it was sarcastic. Either way I've stopped payign much attention is this paedoebar kid seems to be taking the piss.
Reply 41
Original post by Ecosse_14
You get 1-7 at SG :wink:

It's boring in the sense studying for my isa tomorrow is looking more preferable
Why is everyone being so cruel and condescending? ¬¬

You don't need 8 1's, as you probably gathered. In fact, most Universities don't look at SG's that much, it's more Highers and AH's. Although it does look good to get as many ones/credits as you can :smile:
Original post by Daniel-Ballingall
Why is everyone being so cruel and condescending? ¬¬

You don't need 8 1's, as you probably gathered. In fact, most Universities don't look at SG's that much, it's more Highers and AH's. Although it does look good to get as many ones/credits as you can :smile:

But it's more exciting to play along with paedobear.
Original post by JaggySnake95
paedobear

Reply 45
Original post by Pedrobear
For those following at home: by this she means 5 As.

not true bud!
I have 3 As, 3Bs and a C :wink:
Original post by xStaceyy
not true bud!
I have 3 As, 3Bs and a C :wink:

Just FYI... this is a public forum. Like, people who know you might see that post. There's still time to delete it. PM me later and I'll remove the quote, too.
This thread makes me laugh :biggrin:

OP: Seriously, credit grades are what are considered good. Aim for all credit :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Pedrobear
Just FYI... this is a public forum. Like, people who know you might see that post. There's still time to delete it. PM me later and I'll remove the quote, too.

nah, i'm very proud of my results to be honest.
got me into the university i've always wanted to go to and that's good enough for me.
no need to be a cock, love.
got me into the university i've always wanted to go to and that's good enough for me.

Paedobear will always be paedobear. :frown:

It's not easy for me to remain polite in this thread, hen. The whole time I've been posting I've been sitting here on the toilet pan with my laptop, horrifically constipated.

Mais!

From the good of my heart I try. And my offer still stands. Make of it what you will.
Interesting question to all those who say "all credit passes":

isn't a low 2 basically an Int 2 C (judging from grade boundaries)? Would you say to Int 2 people "just pass them all" or "all As and Bs"?
Original post by derangedyoshi
Interesting question to all those who say "all credit passes":

isn't a low 2 basically an Int 2 C (judging from grade boundaries)? Would you say to Int 2 people "just pass them all" or "all As and Bs"?

But tbh you don't get things like "2 band 2" or anything. It's just a 2. I think it looks more impresive than a C, as you could of got 69% and 69% in int2 would be a B.

It's like at school when they want a 1 or a 2 to get into higher.. or an A or a B at int2, eh.

But it's a good point.
But tbh you don't get things like "2 band 2" or anything. It's just a 2. I think it looks more impresive than a C, as you could of got 69% and 69% in int2 would be a B.

It's like at school when they want a 1 or a 2 to get into higher.. or an A or a B at int2, eh.

But it's a good point.

I suppose it depends on the actual percentage - a 2 could be a B or a C.

It's actually a flaw in the SG marking system - it seems so weird to have basically 1, 2 or fail in Credit whereas for Higher Still exams you have bands from 1 to 9.

It's actually a flaw in the SG marking system - it seems so weird to have basically 1, 2 or fail in Credit whereas for Higher Still exams you have bands from 1 to 9.

Hmm yeah. I guess that's why some schools choose to do Int2's instead. I think they're going to scrap SG's anyway.
Yeah.. tbh I think the whole banding of grades are silly.. and I don't dwell on it/try and find out what banding of A I get. If it was writen on my exam certificate I might care a little more. :tongue:

That's why you have general.
That's why you have general.

General is a different level of exam though. Credit is roughly equal to Int 2 - basically there are only two pass grades, and for Int 2 including bands there are 6. Just pointing it out.

And to Daniel-Ballingall: they're both being scrapped: current S1s will sit "National 4s and National 5s" in S4 as part of the Curriculum for Excellence.
General is a different level of exam though. Credit is roughly equal to Int 2 - basically there are only two pass grades, and for Int 2 including bands there are 6. Just pointing it out.

Not really, as SG's are all taken as one. You sit standard grades, not credits, which have bands 1-7.
Not really, as SG's are all taken as one. You sit standard grades, not credits, which have bands 1-7.

bands 1-4 then 7 :tongue:

Speaking about the SG system makes it sound so lame
(edited 13 years ago)
bands 1-4 then 7 :tongue:

Just speaking about the SG system's so rubbish

Hmm, I guess I'll let you off with that one :tongue: Could also be 3-7 then :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending