The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just a quick question, something that I was wondering for a while, what would you class as a successful or 'popular' blog? I was just wondering what people valued, be it followers, comments or page views?
Hey :hello:

How is everyone getting on with blogging? Enjoying it? Or bored of it? :smile: Would be interesting to hear what people have to say :smile:.

I have done a new blog post today, which I think some of you may like. Click here for more info :smile:.
Original post by DancinBallerina
Hey :hello:

How is everyone getting on with blogging? Enjoying it? Or bored of it? :smile: Would be interesting to hear what people have to say :smile:.

I have done a new blog post today, which I think some of you may like. Click here for more info :smile:.

Ive followed your blog when I first started blogging and I love it! :smile: x
I haven't got a blog but it's nice to browse through everyones. I love beauty blogs especially, it helps me to decide on what I should try out or what's a waste of money.

I always wanted to write my own blog, especially since I have a lot of Asian/Korean products at the moment to test- various masks, foam washes.. and will be getting more in the future. I just don't feel confident enough to do one, as I haven't got a large internet presence so wouldn't really get many followers unless I started to participate in blogs by following others and not just reading them ocassionaly.

How did you guys start your blog and made followers/lots of viewers to come back to your blog?
Reply 1185
Original post by parasitic
I haven't got a blog but it's nice to browse through everyones. I love beauty blogs especially, it helps me to decide on what I should try out or what's a waste of money.

I always wanted to write my own blog, especially since I have a lot of Asian/Korean products at the moment to test- various masks, foam washes.. and will be getting more in the future. I just don't feel confident enough to do one, as I haven't got a large internet presence so wouldn't really get many followers unless I started to participate in blogs by following others and not just reading them ocassionaly.

How did you guys start your blog and made followers/lots of viewers to come back to your blog?

i started my blog completely from scratch (no 'internet presence') and it's been growing fairly steadily, just from me reading and commenting on the blogs i like
i've not posted on my blog since the beginning of the month. its not good. i don't seem to have anything to say

I started mine last year around november time. At first I had hardly any followers/views at all, but I left a few comments on other people's blogs that I enjoyed reading/were similar to mine and I've gained some readers and met some lovely people. It's a nice thing to do because you can really build up friendship with people too, and it's great to post on a blog you've designed personally and decorate your post however you want etc. :smile:
Original post by museobsessed
i've not posted on my blog since the beginning of the month. its not good. i don't seem to have anything to say

I've been on your blog a few times since your last post and I've noticed you've not updated. I hope you get inspired to begin posting again :smile:.
Original post by Sky_Dream

I've been on your blog a few times since your last post and I've noticed you've not updated. I hope you get inspired to begin posting again :smile:.

aww thank you. thats really sweet. I never think people actually read my blog

They do read; I do :smile:

Hey, I started from nothing in April, and it's gradually growing. I not a big blogger or famous or anything like that, it just takes talking to other bloggers and etc to get going. Twitter has been the biggest help (if no1 has it and wants to gain more interest in their blog, seriously get twitter and start talking to others). I've come across some lovely people, and gained a lot of blogging tips and tricks.

Hope that inspires and encourages you to perhaps give it ago one day :smile:

Original post by *twinkletoes*
Ive followed your blog when I first started blogging and I love it! :smile: x

Thank you :smile:.

It's coming along steadily, really enjoying it :smile: Always got something to say lol, never thought I would ever have anything to say and blog about, but I am surprised. lol :smile:

They do :smile:. I've been on it so much since the early july post with the polka dot top. I like vintage and yours was always interesting because you know your stuff!
Reply 1193
I've spent forever on template designer trying to figure out how to get rid of the grey underlining underneath all the headings on my blog and I'm getting nowhere, anyone any wiser??

EDIT: never mind, fixed it :biggrin: they were called 'bevels' why couldn't they just say lines?!
(edited 12 years ago)

They do :smile:. I've been on it so much since the early july post with the polka dot top. I like vintage and yours was always interesting because you know your stuff!

aww! I've just kinda been drawn into obsessing over glee so i've been thinking less and less about vintage. I'm glad you think I know my stuff, i promise you that I don't! haha. I have a new hat that I may post about tomorrow seeing as you're all being so sweet
aww! I've just kinda been drawn into obsessing over glee so i've been thinking less and less about vintage. I'm glad you think I know my stuff, i promise you that I don't! haha. I have a new hat that I may post about tomorrow seeing as you're all being so sweet

You definitely know more than me though, and to me that is 'knowing your stuff' :smile: I liked how you did your hair in the rolls too! Glad to hear that you'll be back on the blogging tomorrow though, I'll definitely be about to check it out!

You definitely know more than me though, and to me that is 'knowing your stuff' :smile: I liked how you did your hair in the rolls too! Glad to hear that you'll be back on the blogging tomorrow though, I'll definitely be about to check it out!

haha OK, i'll take the compliment. Urgh hair rolls always defy me, so so annoying. I tried so hard to get them to stand up. It failed.
Yes I'll blog about my hat. It won't be much but it might get me started again
haha OK, i'll take the compliment. Urgh hair rolls always defy me, so so annoying. I tried so hard to get them to stand up. It failed.
Yes I'll blog about my hat. It won't be much but it might get me started again

It was a compliment, after reading your posts the impression I get is that you know a lot! Glad you are getting started again though :smile:.
Hi girls and guys, literally had no idea where else to ask this! Does anyone use blogger to blog? I'm trying to figure out how to queue posts for posting on a time/date of my choice; I tried it a while ago (wrote up a post, set it to post twenty minutes in the future and waited to see) and nothing happened, do I have to click something or manually post it?
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Hi girls and guys, literally had no idea where else to ask this! Does anyone use blogger to blog? I'm trying to figure out how to queue posts for posting on a time/date of my choice; I tried it a while ago (wrote up a post, set it to post twenty minutes in the future and waited to see) and nothing happened, do I have to click something or manually post it?

Hi,

Yes I use blogger. You want to schedule the post? When you create a new post, at the bottom you'll see 'POST OPTIONS'. Click that and you'll see options to tinker with that post and then on the right you'll see 'POST DATE AND TIME', and it is that facility you tinker with to schedule it to a time/date you want. It works on a 24hour clock, so do take that into consideration, ie 10:00 will be in the morning, not at night as some people think lol :facepalm: !

Hope that helps :smile:

Latest