The Student Room Group

Girls, do you mind being called 'chicks', 'birds', 'broads' etc?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cellophane11
I will punch someone if they call me that. In the face.

Let us be serious, you would not. So pls go.
I don't really mind... in particular while I was growing up 'bird' was quite a common one. As in 'alright bird' as well as 'you Swindon birds'

I tend to call men blokes though. Not in a rude way. Just like, 'he's a nice bloke'..

I don't know, they're just words, it all depends how you use them *shrug*
Bitches be loco.
Original post by Threepigs
Let us be serious, you would not. So pls go.

Yes I would.:smile:
Reply 24
I call my bitch, bitch.
Reply 25
Original post by Nerd_No_More
A quick question for the ladies here. Do you get annoyed if guys refer to you as 'birds', 'babes', 'chicks', 'broads', etc. Or don't you mind? Or if your bf refers to you as 'his bird' etc.

To be honest, I find it just as offensive when girls refer to men as 'blokes', 'dudes', 'geezers' etc. We are MEN or GUYS, not 'blokes', 'dudes', 'geezers', ok!

Yes i do. I especially hate it when im referred to as a female but in a derogatory way, "i've had sex with 100 females". We have names not just genders :colonhash:
Reply 26
I hate the word 'bird'.

I always call people's girlfriends 'broads' though. To be fair, I mostly mean it in an insulting way so I wouldn't be too happy about being referred to in that manner!
i hate it, my bf wouldn't dare call me those things!!
haha
Reply 28
Original post by cruciform
Good, now make me a sandwhich. :biggrin:

1) It's sammich 2) this "joke" is so old my grandfather uses it 3) the people who use this phrase are often single or crap with women.
Reply 29
Any of the ones you've mentioned wouldn't bother me, although I'd probably burst out laughing if I was referred to as a 'broad'. I object to being referred to as a 'bitch' though.

I call men 'guys' all the time...
I hate it when people I don't know call me babe, baby or bbz or talk in ghetto at me. "Hey girl". Shut up. My name is Eve.
I wouldnt mind my boyfriend calling me baby or babe but not some random person who i'm not familiar with. SO patronizing. I would definitely call them up on it.

Oh and please don't get me started on blokes you don't know calling you "sexy". It's so sleazy and disgusting and makes me want to flee the scene.

Broad is pretty offensive in my opinion.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by G550NDH
i think its disrespectful. Whats wrong with just saying girls

exactly,

:ninja:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
Hate it. And I also hate when people call me "girl" because they don't know my name. Probably because it's usually said in a horrible thick scouse accent.
Reply 34
Umm I would probably laugh at broad because I thought nobody ever uses that term also chick who even says that? lol
HATE when people call me babe both males and females :smile:
Reply 35
I say dude.
I also say chick to my female friends, along with chicky or chica.
I do not like doll, or dollface, or babe by anyone other than a boyfriend.
EDIT: lol I think I just answered above poster's question :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
lol at the two girls who claimed they'd punch a guy in the face for calling them a chick, bird, etc.
We all know you gassing.

I usually refer to girls as chicks, and tbh every girl ive met doesnt mind. Its nothing offensive, the only girls that would find it offensive are prolly hardcore feminist. Saying that i hate most english slangs, so words such as bird, bloke, geezer, just get annoying
Reply 37
Being referred to as a guy's 'bird' is just cringeworthy.
GAAAASH!!

whereeee??

dere bruv.

OMG GYALDEM GOT SWEET ASS

???

profittt!!!!
who cares whether they mind? they're inferior.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending