The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

GCSE Options! Help Want to Study at LSE and be an Investment Banker

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If you couldn't crack 555 at KS2 you have almost no chance of getting in for straight econ.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Mate That was a long time ago. whats to stop me from going into straight economics now?
Reply 22
Original post by Roshan
Hi All :lttd:,

Basically I Just got my GCSE Options on Wednesday, and I want to study at LSE, and then go into Investment Banking.

I Have a 6 Options but only 2 of them meet my criteria so I will only list them:

9 x GCSE Plus 2 Options and upto 3 Full Course/ Twilight Options (RE Full Course, Latin which i dont do, and ICT CIDA + )

9 x GCSE Plus 2 Options

So I would only do RE FULL COURSE if i do the first option, Isit any good any views?

and the Core Subjects Are: English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Citizenship Short Course, R.E Short Course, ICT AiDA, PE Non-GCSE, Additional Science Double GCSE, Geography or History, German as I have been doing it since Year 7.

I have the option to choose 4 courses but I can only get into 2 hence why it is 2 Options, So My first option will be Economics; I don't know what my other choices shall be I would like to choose Either Sociology, Triple Science, I.C.T.

I know there goes my 4 Choices; I don't know which to pick because I want either those I like I.C.T But I cant risk having the Same ****** Teacher he is so Fresh its unbelievable! I have not learn't anything in 3 Years!

So, Let me know how LSE sees Sociology, Triple Science and I.C.T GCSEs and your thoughts on them.

Started a Business On eBay at the age of 13 last year made 2k a week until Paypal saw suspicious activity as I was taking around 1-2k in the first week to fast then limitation couldn't fax in the documents as i'm under 18.

Also What are your thoughts on getting into LSE to do an Economics Course? what A-Levels shall I do?

Help PLEASE! :help:

GCSEs are just what you enjoy and get good grades in, unis don't really care what they're in as long as you didn't fail them all. That being said, DON'T TAKE CiDA!!!! I took it and I regret it so badly, it's horrifically boring and repetitive and ughh.
I recommend triple science or sociology, although science would be better as it shows variation from economics, widens your options and sociology is kinda looked down on.
A levels for economics: economics, maths & fm, maybe a language as unis love 'em.
I don't see how a year 9 student can possibly be so sure that they want to go into IB......I can just see money rolling through the OP's eyes.
Original post by Roshan
Hi All :lttd:,

Basically I Just got my GCSE Options on Wednesday, and I want to study at LSE, and then go into Investment Banking.

I Have a 6 Options but only 2 of them meet my criteria so I will only list them:

9 x GCSE Plus 2 Options and upto 3 Full Course/ Twilight Options (RE Full Course, Latin which i dont do, and ICT CIDA + )

9 x GCSE Plus 2 Options

So I would only do RE FULL COURSE if i do the first option, Isit any good any views?

and the Core Subjects Are: English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Citizenship Short Course, R.E Short Course, ICT AiDA, PE Non-GCSE, Additional Science Double GCSE, Geography or History, German as I have been doing it since Year 7.

I have the option to choose 4 courses but I can only get into 2 hence why it is 2 Options, So My first option will be Economics; I don't know what my other choices shall be I would like to choose Either Sociology, Triple Science, I.C.T.

I know there goes my 4 Choices; I don't know which to pick because I want either those I like I.C.T But I cant risk having the Same ****** Teacher he is so Fresh its unbelievable! I have not learn't anything in 3 Years!

So, Let me know how LSE sees Sociology, Triple Science and I.C.T GCSEs and your thoughts on them.

Started a Business On eBay at the age of 13 last year made 2k a week until Paypal saw suspicious activity as I was taking around 1-2k in the first week to fast then limitation couldn't fax in the documents as i'm under 18.

Also What are your thoughts on getting into LSE to do an Economics Course? what A-Levels shall I do?

Help PLEASE! :help:

Let me give you some advice. Only study Economics if you're passionate about the subject. Especially at LSE, Oxbridge and UCL. I have met many people who have studied Economics and have had a dreadful time because they were merely motivated by money.

Do something that you're interested in. Money will never bring you happiness, at least huge quantities of it (research point - Easterlin Paradox). It is true that LSE produces lots of investment bankers but you could easily go into this field from other degrees such as physics, maths and engineering at top Universities. If you're interested in Investment Banking, really have a deep look into it and see whether you would like it.

All the best with your decisions and please, don't make the tragic mistake of aiming for something solely for financial reasons.
Original post by DeterministEcon
Let me give you some advice. Only study Economics if you're passionate about the subject. Especially at LSE, Oxbridge and UCL. I have met many people who have studied Economics and have had a dreadful time because they were merely motivated by money.

Do something that you're interested in. Money will never bring you happiness, at least huge quantities of it (research point - Easterlin Paradox). It is true that LSE produces lots of investment bankers but you could easily go into this field from other degrees such as physics, maths and engineering at top Universities. If you're interested in Investment Banking, really have a deep look into it and see whether you would like it.

All the best with your decisions and please, don't make the tragic mistake of aiming for something solely for financial reasons.

This.
:thumbsup:
Reply 27
Original post by schroeder's dog

Damn you beat me to it...
Reply 28
Original post by effofex
Damn you beat me to it...

And me haha. :biggrin:
What was your business ???
OP is a ****ing loser.
Reply 31
When I was your age my life was pretty much football and computer games, and you're already set on investment banking? I didn't even know wtf it was back then!
Face-palm at the title. Forget about the crushing sadness of being so willing to sell out your youth for a career you think will make you 'rich', you clearly haven't read more than a paragraph about IB (likely the part about target universities).

The best advice I can give you: study a subject that you enjoy at the best university you can (aim for the very that best that do it). Secondly, actually read about Investment Banking and decide why you want to do it. If you end up at a university you don't like, doing a subject you don't like, pursuing a career that you hate then you'll be wasting a lot of your time and end up in a lot of debt.
I just did my english language gcse yesterday, and I think I got a B:frown:. Do you think I'll be still be able to go into a profession such as investment banking
Original post by UnKoWn_AdventurE
I just did my english language gcse yesterday, and I think I got a B:frown:. Do you think I'll be still be able to go into a profession such as investment banking

Ye

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending