The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencers Trainee Management Scheme 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hobo06
There's still Viole...but she's on holiday so won't know for a while.

Sorry to hear about everyone else

Good point! I had forgotten. No post for me today again.
Reply 161
My one area of weakness was Business Leadership. I did well at Communicating and Influencing and Commercial Acumen. Even though I'm rejected I'm satisfied I got this far.

Uhh... neg?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 162
Well I got rejected guys! Bummer :frown: I guess it wasn't meant to be right now.
My strengths apparently were resource management and communicating and influencing, whereas my weakness was setting direction.

Interesting that there don't seem to have been any offers yet.
Original post by Viole
Well I got rejected guys! Bummer :frown: I guess it wasn't meant to be right now.
My strengths apparently were resource management and communicating and influencing, whereas my weakness was setting direction.

Interesting that there don't seem to have been any offers yet.

Really sorry to hear this :frown: it's a horrible shame when you and everyone else here seems so nice.

It is odd, I've never once changed from 'on hold', possibly been forgotten about? Who knows.
Reply 164
Hey Guys I got my rejection on the 1st August!
But not had my letter to let me know what let me down??

My online status has changed but that's all I have heard, Has anyone else's status changed but no letter??

Good luck to anyone left in :biggrin:
Reply 165
Squish4432 you could be the only One on here that's been successful! Good luck!
Question, does anyone know anyone who isn't on this forum that did an assessment centre? Finding it weird that I've had no answer, but I don't know anyone who's had an offer so got nothing to compare it to.
Reply 167
Original post by Squish4432
Question, does anyone know anyone who isn't on this forum that did an assessment centre? Finding it weird that I've had no answer, but I don't know anyone who's had an offer so got nothing to compare it to.

It might be worth sending them an email or give them a call to see what's up?

Also, out of interest, which assessment centre were you at?
Original post by Wizz09
It might be worth sending them an email or give them a call to see what's up?

Also, out of interest, which assessment centre were you at?

I think bugging them would make me look bad :/ I would if I knew anyone that had had an offer, but I'm assuming that no one has yet.
Reply 169
I think bugging them would make me look bad :/ I would if I knew anyone that had had an offer, but I'm assuming that no one has yet.

I wouldn't worry about that. Besides, one email/call is hardly bugging :tongue:
Still no news! At least this experience is teaching me patience...
Reply 171
Cutting it a bit fine this year. The same department who deals with the trainee management scheme also does grads and BPPs and they have only just finalised those.

If you haven't heard yet I would suspect it's because they are trying to get you placed. Although the emails and system look kind of automated there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

If you're successful you'll get an assessment centre feedback pack which really does open your eyes to the level of detail they are looking at.

Good luck :biggrin:
Hey Guys. Sorry to hear things didn't turn out as you would have liked. I've just been catching up on your story over 9 pages! Clearly it was very competitive.

For those applying in the future is there any chance you could break down the assessment and tell us all what to expect, maybe any tips or hints, etc? We could all learn from your experiences.

I'm sure some of us would really appreciate it.
My advice would be don't go for it! They really mess you around and confuse you, I declined a job with them in the end!
Reply 174
My advice would be don't go for it! They really mess you around and confuse you, I declined a job with them in the end!

What!?

Did you end up getting it? Why did you decline?

I'm sorry to here that.

For those us though that will still apply any chance you could tell us a bit about the interview experience...what to expect...how it's set out....sorts of questions/assesments they asked?
Original post by Wizz09
What!?

Did you end up getting it? Why did you decline?

I got told that they wanted me as a section manager rather than on the trainee scheme. They didn't even tell me that, I had to email them to get that response! This was about 2 weeks after they had said they'd let us all know as well. I decided if their organisation is that bad then it's not the company for me.
Original post by presenthistory
I'm sorry to here that.

For those us though that will still apply any chance you could tell us a bit about the interview experience...what to expect...how it's set out....sorts of questions/assesments they asked?

It pretty much is like every other interview, same questions, similar kinds of activities!
Reply 178
I got told that they wanted me as a section manager rather than on the trainee scheme. They didn't even tell me that, I had to email them to get that response! This was about 2 weeks after they had said they'd let us all know as well. I decided if their organisation is that bad then it's not the company for me.

Sorry to hear that.

Sounds pretty ridiculous to be honest. Did they even specify why they decided to do that?
Hello everyone,

I assume that the areas on which you failed in the assessment centre relate to the presentation you are required to give?
Can anyone upload a copy of their rejection email and the feedback that M&S provided (if any)?
Thanks guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending