The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sockpirate
I feel like crying. That exam couldn't have gone worse. :cry2:

:jumphug: I thought it went okayish, but I figured some stuff out with five minutes to go and generally didn't do great - It was what I was expecting though. I hope I've got a 2.i, but I don't know.

Original post by ArchedEdge
I just spoke to Callum (NatSci who lives in my staircase...think you've met him :p: ), he thought exactly the same! Don't worry, they just set a ridiculously hard exam for everyone regardless! :smile:

Yeah, this ^^ Physics is ALWAYS hard, but very few people actually fail.
YOU'LL BE FINE IZZY :hug:
Yeah Callum just started laughing when I asked him how it went, he can't even remember which questions he answered because he just didn't :p:

Don't worry about it! What are you picking for next year actually? I thought you loved physics....:confused:

Haha, I'd say that just about sums up my feelings too :laugh:

aaanddd I used to love physics. Before I came to Cambridge. Being here seems to have sucked the joy out of everything I used to like :erm: next year is EITHER going to be Chemistry + materials, or ChemEng now, I think anyway :smile:

Original post by Topaz_eyes
:jumphug: I thought it went okayish, but I figured some stuff out with five minutes to go and generally didn't do great - It was what I was expecting though. I hope I've got a 2.i, but I don't know.

Yeah, this ^^ Physics is ALWAYS hard, but very few people actually fail.
YOU'LL BE FINE IZZY :hug:

Hopefully :o: just have to wait and see anyway. Time to clear away all these physics notes that my room's coated with now though! I'm going to hide them in a pile in my wardrobe where I can't see them ha :biggrin:
Wouldn't a ritual burning be more satisfying? :p:
Original post by Craghyrax

Probably :laugh: however due to the 0.01% chance that I may still do physics next year (ha!), I feel like I should probably keep them for the time being, at least until the decision has been formally made :p:

aaanddd I used to love physics. Before I came to Cambridge. Being here seems to have sucked the joy out of everything I used to like :erm: next year is EITHER going to be Chemistry + materials, or ChemEng now, I think anyway :smile:

Ha that reminds me of my Cam interview where I spent 10 mins explaining Derren Brown to a chemical engineer :biggrin:

On a more important note however....

EMMA WATSON IS GOING TO OXFORD INSTEAD :frown: :frown: :frown:
Everyone at my college found the physics paper hard too. I find this strange, I thought it was quite a ncie paper. Section A was weird, Id be happy with half marks on that, but the rest was nice and friendly.... unless ive done it horribly wrong... lulz

Hopefully :o: just have to wait and see anyway. Time to clear away all these physics notes that my room's coated with now though! I'm going to hide them in a pile in my wardrobe where I can't see them ha :biggrin:

*Cyber hug*
Reply 787
Physics was *okay* for the most part, except that I cleverly left C until the end, then failed to get anywhere with that circuit.

Now for an entire day off of revising Chemistry.
It was so brutal. My best topic didn't come up at ALL, and everything I can't do did. Literally only answered one question well, and made stabs at the others. Section A (the 'easy' section) wasn't even nice either. :frown: If I scrape a pass in that paper, it really will be amazing.
There's been mixed reviews on it - a fair few people thought it was ok, however a lot of people have said it was hard, so I guess the grade boundaries will hopefully be faaiirrllyy low. I found it harder than last years past paper, which the 1st boundary was 50% raw marks for, so we'll see..

Anyway, never doing physics ever again now. That's one positive - at least I'm decided on what I'm definitely NOT doing next year! :o:

If its any comfort, I was waiting outside the exam hall and almost everyone I heard walking by said it was horrible, with quite a few people saying they didn't have a clue. Also, they'll bell curve everyone's marks accordingly, so if everyone found it hard then it will be marked as such

EMMA WATSON IS GOING TO OXFORD INSTEAD :frown: :frown: :frown:

Proof?
(edited 12 years ago)

:console:
Putting notes away is GOOD :yes: I've packed up all my biochem/physiology into a box in my cupboard, and can't wait to do the same with anatomy soon... Probably should't burn anything since I might have to resit things in September :o:

Not too bothered tbh, we'd never have seen her much!
Although definitely choose the wrong uni!

other news; Physics down. urgh, trying not to remember!

Next up, Monday; Maths followed by Chemistry! :frown:
Reply 792

Being here seems to have sucked the joy out of everything I used to like :erm:

Know the feeling :frown:

Reliable source there :P anyways if its true I reckon its because she realised she couldn't handle a Cambridge degree and decided to go for somewhere easier :wink:
Reply 794

This should definitely be organised; would be legen(wait for it...)dary :p: I don't get why people keep ridiculous amounts of notes they'll never read again...
Original post by Zygroth
This should definitely be organised; would be legen(wait for it...)dary :p: I don't get why people keep ridiculous amounts of notes they'll never read again...

I agree with your sentiment and I have been tempted to do so each year. However they do come in use sometimes.
I generally put an afternoon aside at the end of each year for sorting through all the paperwork and throwing away as much as I could. Keeping some is a good idea though. Embarrassing though it is to admit it, lecture handouts of A level standard from my Part II Education paper are saving me alot of time and hassle right now as I write up my thesis, by providing me with a useful set of statistics to cite and ideas for where to find them quickly.

The second methods essay I wrote for the MPhil had a bibliography 40 titles long, yet none of them were read and obtained specifically for that essay, but were taken from my notes. Five or six of those citations came from a second year handout on qualitative methods which gave a detailed reading list on which authors had made what points :p:
Reply 796
Argghh, the introduction to my dissertation just isn't going anywhere :sad:
Original post by Crazy_emz
Argghh, the introduction to my dissertation just isn't going anywhere :sad:

An introduction for something that big can be tricky. Perhaps you shouldn't treat it like a supervision essay and should focus on some other aspect of your dissertation first? I won't write my thesis introduction until near the end, because I need to be clear about what my focus is first, and I get that through writing the core (findings and analysis in the case of an empirical piece).
Reply 798
Original post by Zygroth

I still have a GCSE History essay I wrote on the Battle of the Little Big Horn, because I kept it in case I needed an example of how to write a really good essay (!) and then forgot about it, and now I keep it because I find it funny that I did that.
Reply 799

I was thinking of throwing mine out of the window after my last exam... directly on to the court where the Economics garden party is due to be happening. That mental image got me through last week :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending