The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2120
Black Ops anyone?
Original post by Illusionary
See my link (post #2109) :p:

So I basically sign up (for free) but give them my credit/debit card details. Then I put 10 movies on my rental list* for which I will get the £20 amazon voucher as soon as the first movie is dispatched?

* does the rental list mean I have actually ordered them or is it a personal reminder to which movies I would like to order next?
Original post by kuks
Black Ops anyone?

I'm currently playing Star Wars (:awesome:) but I'll come on. :tongue:

Has anyone here got Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, by the way?
Reply 2123
Original post by In2deep
So I basically sign up (for free) but give them my credit/debit card details. Then I put 10 movies on my rental list* for which I will get the £20 amazon voucher as soon as the first movie is dispatched?

* does the rental list mean I have actually ordered them or is it a personal reminder to which movies I would like to order next?

Not sure when you get the £20 but if the offer is still on then you should get it, you have to have at least 1 disc dispatched to you and you have to return it for the offer to work. Best way of doing that is to cancel after you've received your first disc and that way you won't get any more.
Original post by In2deep

Original post by In2deep

The voucher won't be sent immediately after despatch (it's taken mine about three weeks), but so long as you add 10 titles to your queue and get at least one despatch you should qualify for it. Once you've added titles to your queue, Lovefilm will choose titles from your queue to send out to you until you reach the maximum simultaneous rentals and send them out to you. They won't send any more until you start to return them.

Don't forget to cancel before the end of the trial month if you want to avoid a charge!
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
Not sure when you get the £20 but if the offer is still on then you should get it, you have to have at least 1 disc dispatched to you and you have to return it for the offer to work. Best way of doing that is to cancel after you've received your first disc and that way you won't get any more.

:no: You don't have to return it before the voucher is triggered.
Original post by AugustWestie
I'm currently playing Star Wars (:awesome:) but I'll come on. :tongue:

Has anyone here got Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, by the way?

Yup. You've got it haven't you? What have you done?!

:tongue:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Yup. You've got it haven't you? What have you done?!

:tongue:

You no like? :tongue:
Original post by kuks
Black Ops anyone?

I'll might be on from about 12, looking forward to it :colone:
Reply 2129
:itsme:
Reply 2130

Oh really? Didn't know that, just assumed it :colondollar:

1 other thing is that I can't remember whether I used TCB or Quidco for the transaction. :sad:

Safe fam, hows it goin?
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
Oh really? Didn't know that, just assumed it :colondollar:

1 other thing is that I can't remember whether I used TCB or Quidco for the transaction. :sad:

In Quidco at least, you won't be able to raise a claim unless you've actually done a click-through.
Original post by AugustWestie
You no like? :tongue:

I really liked the first game (despite it's many failings, I liked the story, graphics - and well you're wielding two lightsabers with limitless force power, win?) so I got the second game. Really disappointing for me. Story didn't go anywhere. And I seriously thought that I was on the third level when I got to what actually was the final level. Short and repetitive. :sad:

How are you finding it?

Original post by In2deep

I play too much Sabotage :smug:

I bet you do. I can just picture you sitting in the corner of the map clutching the bomb (sweaty hands on controller) whilst your team mates die left and right in a futile attempt to cover you. But no, you stay where you are in a smug attempt to preserve your K/D ratio. This tactic lasts you to the final minutes of the game. Your team mates have died but eliminated all but one of the enemy team. He's a level 1. Then you, the last man standing, decide to rush in to get a bomb plant (epic music building to a crescendo in your head, team mates cheers in your ears), go prone and plant it. You feel like Frodo walking away from Mount Doom after having destroyed the Ring. And then you embarrassingly die (to everyone else on your team it looks like your Black Ops character had some sort of spasm attack when aiming) at the hands of the level 1 someone who can barely aim. The bomb gets deactivated in the last 19 seconds after the enemy noob fails several times to figure how to actually deactivate a bomb. You hastily quit the game so no one can point fingers at the resident noob.

Amirite?

Oh wait, that's me. Story of my life. :pierre:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Smilingsam
Can anyone help me find a good game to play I'm really getting bored of my ps3 at the moment; here are the ones that ive got below.

GTAV, Fifa 11, Medal of Honor : Airborne, Far Cry 2, Mercenaries 2,Gran Turismo3, Call of Duty (MW W@W MW2 BO), Infamous, Motorstorm (1&2), Heavenly Sword, Brothers in Arms HH, Flashpoint,Uncharted (1&2), Burnout Paradise, Grid, Red Dead Redemption, Little Big Planet, Prince of Persia, Fracture, Resistance(1&2), Bioshock(1&2), Killzone 2, Fallout (3&NV), Enslaved, Mirrors Edge, TC Endwar, Battlefield Bad Company ( dont like number 2), Dynasty Warriors (gundam&6).

Pretty big list, but I've played them so many times that I am truly bored of them. So any good recommendations want something that will last me a bit. Please quote I don't come on this thread that much.

Mass Effect 2.

I second L.A. Noire and Oblivion GOTY. You seem to enjoy sandbox style open-world games going off GTA 4 (I assume that's what you're meaning unless you're from the far future :tongue:), Red Dead Redemption and the Fallout games.
Oh ma gawwd guise, I got FIFA a while ago and did the whole code thing for online on one account I no longer use, now on my regular profile thingy Infantah (add me people :sexface:) It's saying I can't go online because I've already redeemed it...What do?
PSN: dunneemagoo :smile:
Original post by Willum Infanta
Oh ma gawwd guise, I got FIFA a while ago and did the whole code thing for online on one account I no longer use, now on my regular profile thingy Infantah (add me people :sexface:) It's saying I can't go online because I've already redeemed it...What do?

You can't go online because you've already redeemed it? Or you can't go online on Infantah because you've already redeemed it on the inactive account?

Do I need an unique Online Pass for every user on my console?
No. One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated.

You shouldn't have any problem. Have you tried re-downloading the unlock file?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
can't go online on Infantah because you've already redeemed it on the inactive account?

You shouldn't have any problem. Have you tried re-downloading the unlock file?

Didn't think FIFA would do that to be honest...

Erm how do I go about doing that? I'll sort it out tomorrow though because I need my beauty sleep :puppyeyes:
Original post by Willum Infanta
Didn't think FIFA would do that to be honest...

Erm how do I go about doing that? I'll sort it out tomorrow though because I need my beauty sleep :puppyeyes:

Can't say for sure. My PS3 doesn't go online. Erm, there should be some sort of download history on PSN or your settings which lists everything an account has downloaded. Re-download the unlock file (the online pass) on the inactive account and then try and go online using the main account. Should work, according to their website anyway. Well, it should have worked in the first place since your inactive and main account are on the same console after all?

If that fails, you can talk to them directly: support.ea.com/chat

And as a last resort, your best hope is buying a new online pass or restricting online play for Fifa 11 to the inactive account.

Latest