The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dhr90
There is a demo for SSX on PSN now.
You can select the classic controller setup thankfully, hope there will be the option to lower the sensitivity in the full game.
It's very similar to previous games with obscene jumps, tricks, good music etc. Think I might be talking myself into getting it on release rather than waiting for the end of uni :colondollar:

Ack, need to get back to a PS3 soon so I can play it! Although I have played it before and I thought the new control scheme was a nice modification, even if I did keep hitting the rewind button far too often by accident.

When the game comes out I'm going to need to add some people so I can populate the racelist...
Reply 6361
Original post by Phalanges
Ack, need to get back to a PS3 soon so I can play it! Although I have played it before and I thought the new control scheme was a nice modification, even if I did keep hitting the rewind button far too often by accident.

When the game comes out I'm going to need to add some people so I can populate the racelist...

Having spent probably a few weeks of my life using the classic control scheme I reverted back to that. I can't get on with the new one.

Having played it a bit more I don't like having to press triangle to grind tree's edges etc. It'd be better if it were automatic. I also seem to have a habit of repeating the same tricks a lot :frown:
Each time you load the demo it goes straight to training, but you can quit that thankfully.
AC: R patch next week to fix Sage trophy glitch.

About ****ing time. :colonhash:

Can finally get my platinum for it. :h:
TheCrackInTime
x

I've found a fantastic deal for you: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5-vita-games-for-35-game-instore-a-whopping-0-75-saving-1152649 :teeth:

Or perhaps not :facepalm: You have to worry about the calibre of their management there...
Original post by Illusionary
Or perhaps not :facepalm: You have to worry about the calibre of their management there...

Indeed. :facepalm2:

I think someone's just made the list.
This one's actually worth checking out, unlike the previous 'deal' that I linked :tongue: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ssx-ps3-27-99-sainsburys-entertainment-pre-order-1152790

Original post by Phalanges

FYI :smile:
This one's actually worth checking out, unlike the previous 'deal' that I linked :tongue: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ssx-ps3-27-99-sainsburys-entertainment-pre-order-1152790

Oooh, that's very tempting!
does anyone here play motorstorm 1 online?? i need to get that game again, loved it so much, especially when you can punch people off their motorbikes xD

ALSO

uncharted 3 anyone? is the online worth it?
im thinking about buying them for when i go to uni.
Reply 6368

Can't believe I missed that!! I'd have bought it and just hidden it until I finished uni at that price :frown:

Original post by James A
does anyone here play motorstorm 1 online?? i need to get that game again, loved it so much, especially when you can punch people off their motorbikes xD

ALSO

uncharted 3 anyone? is the online worth it?
im thinking about buying them for when i go to uni.

Get Motorstorm Pacific Rift, or even better, Motorstorm Apocalypse, much better games and cheap and more likely to have more players online on them (Apocalypse especially).

I assume you are going into halls at uni? Might want to check you can get your PS3 online in halls before buying games just for online play...
Original post by dhr90
Can't believe I missed that!! I'd have bought it and just hidden it until I finished uni at that price :frown:

Get Motorstorm Pacific Rift, or even better, Motorstorm Apocalypse, much better games and cheap and more likely to have more players online on them (Apocalypse especially).

I assume you are going into halls at uni? Might want to check you can get your PS3 online in halls before buying games just for online play...

blimey.... so are some halls strict on a 'no ps3 online policy'?

how do i check? ring up the uni accommodation (of the specified uni) and ask if they restrict it? why would they restrict it i wonder...
Original post by James A

how do i check? ring up the uni accommodation (of the specified uni) and ask if they restrict it? why would they restrict it i wonder...

Your best bet might be to ask some current students - you can do so in the Uni forums here on TSR. If there are restrictions, it's likely due to the uni network being intended for academic use only (even though in reality this won't happen), with other use potentially taking away resources that others are trying to use for that.
Reply 6371
Original post by James A

Well when I was in halls games consoles in general were banned, along with torrenting etc.

You could probably find out on here if it is restricted or not. But otherwise just ring or email the accommodation office of the university you will be going to. I guess its restricted to avoid bandwidth being used up or something.
Original post by James A

My uni was fine with games consoles in halls and even had a dedicated site to sign up games consoles to the network. It was really good as I got to make the most of the 100+mbps connection :biggrin:
There's probably some information on your university's website about it.
Reply 6373
PSN maintenance for thursday: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/27/playstation-network-regular-scheduled-maintenance-on-thursday/
4pm until the early hours. Being signed in beforehand doesn't do anything, you will get signed out.
I happened to be passing a Game a lunch today, and took the opportunity to drop in for five minutes as they had a Vita demo unit. Undeniably, it's an awesome bit of kit! I still really don't need and can't justify getting one, but I can definitely see the attraction!
Killzone 3 multi-player has now gone free to play, subject to a level cap - well worth a download.
Reply 6376
Killzone 3 multi-player has now gone free to play, subject to a level cap - well worth a download.

Seconded. If you like it then you can purchase it for about £10-£15 too.

Speaking of Killzone 3, its double XP this weekend. Anyone thinking of going on?
Original post by dhr90
Seconded. If you like it then you can purchase it for about £10-£15 too.

Speaking of Killzone 3, its double XP this weekend. Anyone thinking of going on?

At that price, thought, you may as well just buy it on Blu-Ray :tongue: (except perhaps that I think the MP download may include the DLC?)
Reply 6378
At that price, thought, you may as well just buy it on Blu-Ray :tongue: (except perhaps that I think the MP download may include the DLC?)

The MP download does include the DLC, complete price of £11.99. Not sure if new Blu-Ray has the DLC or not, but I know its very cheap!
I think I'll just get a Vita during the summer when there is a drought of games and exams are over. I definitely want one though. Looks well sexy.

On another note, over a week until Mass Effect 3. :excited: I hope there are some people here who are considering getting it.

Latest