The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by spikeymike
I always try to keep up with this thead, even when I have decent enough 3G signal when out until I get home for a quick browse then bed. :ahee:

I'm the only Scot in here afaik. :pierre: Maybe AGI too...

No HSDPA? :hand:
Original post by bigmo7
8:46 on a saturday :holmes:

edit who needs that when they have 4g on their mobile :smug:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bigmo7

Depends on the signal, hard enough to just get signal indoors in the pub or whatever.
Reply 1183
My subsription's run out :frown:
Original post by kuks
My subsription's run out :frown:

Yay, normal again. :h: :lol:
i need to do some work but i just cannot be arsed :sigh:
Original post by jermaindefoe
i need to do some work but i just cannot be arsed :sigh:

Placement or housework? :teehee: I would but I have to reinstall the ****ty IDE i'm using (2nd time). :sigh:
Placement or housework? :teehee: I would but I have to reinstall the ****ty IDE i'm using (2nd time). :sigh:

why use that IDE - placement report fml
Congrats. :smile: I didn't realise how low people's post count were. :ninja:

I started hiding mine when it got above 5k...

Anyhting above 5k is just " a load" so i felt like i didn't need to keep track...

Took me longer to get the first 1000 then the next 5000 though... :colondollar:

And my subscription would have ran out tomorrow... :colone:
why use that IDE - placement report fml

I have no idea... I just finished mine. :teehee: 1 and a half pages. :h: I do a bit pretty much everyday, so I don't forget the things I've done. :holmes:

Edit:
I think we use STS because it has the Google app engine plugins for deployment to the cloud. :awesome: Its based on Eclipse. :dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)
what can you learn in a business sense from having the person who employed you leave the company before you start meaning you have a new manager that you have never met once, not even on interview?

im currently on page 15 out of a max of 45 :sigh:
(edited 12 years ago)
I have no idea... I just finished mine. :teehee: 1 and a half pages. :h: I do a bit pretty much everyday, so I don't forget the things I've done. :holmes:

Edit:
I think we use STS because it has the Google app engine plugins for deployment to the cloud. :awesome: Its based on Eclipse. :dontknow:
use eclipse then?
what can you learn in a business sense from having the person who employed you leave the company before you start meaning you have a new manager that you have never met once, not even on interview?

Figure out why the person that left?

THis sounds like an end of placement report? I'm doing weekly progress reorts for uni then a 5K word report + presentation. :holmes:

Edit:
I don't think it has all the things we need, synchronising to SVN is probably the main one.
Reply 1193

first of all the importance of networking - in todays ever changing business environment it is important to network, despite not knowing that previous manager very well he clearly was impressed by you in interview and so might be so again wherever he is now, the imporant thing to learn is get peoples contact details on first meeting as you could potentially use these in future if the new manager takes a dislike - possible also drawing reference to how the american/english corporate structure focuses on changing companies frequently to advance and their are little barriers to this (networking is thus a massive help. Unlike for example the traditional japanese structure where you stay with one company forever although thats beginning to change more now

maybe also an example of how to deal with a change environment - compaines these days often go through changes particularly with new managers who often want to stamp their mark on the place, thus its a good way to learn how to work and adapt in such an environment where policies, people and roles will be less static than the norm

dont know if any of that helps but hope its marginally relevant lol :smile:
Reply 1194
Is anyone able to get onto the Playstation store? Every time I try I just get an error 80710D36. It is supposedly back up isn't it?
Original post by Psyk
Is anyone able to get onto the Playstation store? Every time I try I just get an error 80710D36. It is supposedly back up isn't it?

i think bigmo is having problems too and illusionary suggested that you keep trying because the error is intermittent and occasionally works?
Reply 1196
Depends on the signal, hard enough to just get signal indoors in the pub or whatever.

I get better upload speed with HSUPA than I do with my fixed line broadband...:rolleyes:

Original post by Psyk

Yeah it's a pain...I think its just busy servers.

i think bigmo is having problems too and illusionary suggested that you keep trying because the error is intermittent and occasionally works?

I'm gonna buy the Lara Croft PSN game...the demo was a lot of fun when I played it back in January I think it way. You can do co-op too :awesome:
Reply 1197
Been off PS3 for just under 2 months now. It's painful. Can't wait to get back online on June 20th after these bastard AS exams.

I'm always in need of some more people to play online with, so if you're decent at Bad Company 2, Killzone 2 or Call of Duty (though I don't really play that so much anymore, apart from the occasional GB), feel free to add me. I'll accept in about two weeks' time when I'm back. :smile:

PSN:

Spoiler

Reply 1198
8:46 on a saturday :holmes:

edit who needs that when they have 4g on their mobile :smug:

It's natural for me to get up early nowadays :p:

And yeah who needs HSDPA when 4G is only 4/5 years away here in the UK :smug:
Original post by bigmo7
It's natural for me to get up early nowadays :p:

And yeah who needs HSDPA when 4G is only 4/5 years away here in the UK :smug:

allow you being smug :colonhash: