The Student Room Group

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you in an exam?

Scroll to see replies

Stomach growling:colonhash:
Reply 1181
Cut myself with a scalpel during an A level biology practical. Blood all over my paper! Got an extra 5 minutes to clean myself up though so I don't think it effected my result! :tongue:

A friend managed to top that amount of blood though when he impaled himself with the large pipette during a titration. :eek:

I also had Flu during another biology exam that went not so well, got a U and 17/90. Low point I think!

Since Uni surprisingly not a whole lot interesting to me or anyone else! Still 1 year to go anything could happen! :colondollar:
Original post by Pink_Chocolate xx
In my first year exam the other day I wrote out about a page for one of the answers and then realised I only had about 2 points for the entire question which would get me rubbish marks. I had to cross it out and start again with 20minutes lost.. The whole exam was only 1hr30 so I had just over an hour to finish two essays ><

No joke, I had to check the name of this post because it is EXACTLY what happened to me in my English Lit poetry exam! Freaking out, pretty sure I've got a D now :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Got a bbm right before my final History GCSE this year saying that my best friend's car flipped off a bridge. Scared me to hell and so I got an A instead of an A*, but that's okay because she's alive and well today :biggrin:
Reply 1184
OK, so I had just taken my seat for a Maths exam and was watching everyone else come in. I noticed that one girl was wobbling slightly in the queue I but didn't think anything of it. As I was filling in my details, I realised that the same girl had made her way to the table adjacent to me. I remember seeing her sway on the spot and all of sudden she fainted (face first) onto the desk. The table then collapsed!!!
No one said anything and the girl was in the 'planking' position but was not moving. To add to the absurdity, I was surrounded by a sea of o_O faces. Finally a few invigilators came over and attempted to help her up - They're so useless sometimes!
I had to stare at a broken desk and a pool of blood for 2 hours. For the rest of the exam, I was so shocked I couldn't do the exam...............plus I didn't know any of the answers :s-smilie:. After, we found out that the girl had very low blood sugar but luckily didn't break her nose! They let us re-take the exam, so, yay? From now on, I always remember to have a huge breakfast before an exam just in case I end up in the same situation!
In a GCSE biology exam is saved all the 6 markers for the end. Finished exam very early and then when tolled that the exam was over I realised I had forgotten to do one of the 6 markers
Chemistry exam - my tummy was rumbling and the invidulator thought It was my mobile phone vibrating O.o then she made me empty my pockets and started shaking my pencil case !?

Edit: Aha ,thanks for the rep :tongue: ; this always makes for a funny story but was such a strange experience ( O.o - that was literally the expression on my face) . Anyway at least it didn't affect my actual exam result like some of your stories :s
(edited 11 years ago)
Not exactly to me personally, however i witnessed a girl whilst doing the end of year ks3 exams. It was quiet, i was trying to remember how to calculate the circumference of a circle when all of a sudden a girl named Maria vomited all over her exam paper. Everybody was pissing themselves. And as Maria walked out of the hall, people said that they heard her fart. Surprisingly i didn't do bad, but Maria failed.
Reply 1188
Original post by Captain Britain
Not exactly to me personally, however i witnessed a girl whilst doing the end of year ks3 exams. It was quiet, i was trying to remember how to calculate the circumference of a circle when all of a sudden a girl named Maria vomited all over her exam paper. Everybody was pissing themselves. And as Maria walked out of the hall, people said that they heard her fart. Surprisingly i didn't do bad, but Maria failed.

Poor girl, she had waste products coming out of both holes...
Reply 1189
Well, another horrible thing that happened was during my IGCSE Spanish Orals, the guy before took ages. I was very nervous because I've been sitting there half an hour, looking at the roleplay card and wondering what had happened. Then the guy came out shaking, so I went in shaking. The teacher had a grim look, and then I just lost it. I forgot a huge chunk of my speech and improvised. I thought I did quite well, but the teacher still looked grim. It was only until after we walked out of the room (I was the last candidate) that she told me that her computer broke down and the recordings of the entire day were wiped. Luckily she had a back up and only needed to redo the guy before me. I still did well, though.
Reply 1190
For GCSE Music, the exam was a long recorded tape that couldn't be stopped (included writing time between spoken questions). The school bell started ringing halfway through one of the music excerpts but the invigilators didn't do anything but look alarmed.. it was so irritating!

I also have a friend whose stomach was grumbling throughout her entire Maths exam, the invigilator kept going up to her and asking her whether she needed help, and asking her 'what she was saying' LOL
I broke down crying during my english oral exam
My pen stopped working... sounds really petty but I was sat in the middle of an exam hall and I was terrified to put my hand up to ask for a pen... I wasted at least 5 minutes trying to get my pen to work haha... an invigilator came past and saw me struggling so she got me a pen though :yep:
Reply 1193
Did my hair in my calculator and the invigilator came over to me and started asking me if my calculator was a good mirror or not... was rather awkward to be honest
Reply 1194
Friend of mine in a Year 2 exam sh*t himself and sat in it for 20 minutes, then walked home.
It's not really embarrassing, other than the paper itself being an embarrassment, but anyway, I think it was a GCSE ICT exam. We were given two hours but everyone finished within half an hour of the exam. We weren't allowed to leave exams until the end so we had to sit there for an hour and a half. One of my friends used the time to make an origami swan which he then had to hand in.
Probably when I had the flu and almost fainted about three times during paper 2 of my ISA last year. I still got an A* though, by some miracle. >.<
Original post by laylarose
My pen stopped working... sounds really petty but I was sat in the middle of an exam hall and I was terrified to put my hand up to ask for a pen... I wasted at least 5 minutes trying to get my pen to work haha... an invigilator came past and saw me struggling so she got me a pen though :yep:

I've had the worst experience with pens in exams. In my English exam, my pen ran out and luckily I had 3 spare ones and guess what they all ran out! And then the invigilator gave me another pen which didn't work. The next one worked though :smile:
I was so annoyed because english exams are so short and there is so much much to write.
Reply 1198
Somebody's table collapsed right behind me and I couldn't stop laughing.
I was sitting my A2 Psychology exam (which I had spent ages preparing for because I needed to get a B for uni) and it was all going well, I remember thinking to myself 'God, this is so easy', when after about half and hour into the exam (and two pages of essay writing already done), I realised I'd misread the question and wrote my essay on something completely irrelevant (that it what nerves can do to you).

Quick Reply

Latest