The Student Room Group

Funniest thing in exams...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
When we were told you can't bring memory/usb sticks into an exam.
How exactly can you cheat with them? If someone knows, please tell me. I'm curious. xD

this wasn't the funniest thing, to ever happen - someone setting off a stinkbomb in one of my exams probably was.
Reply 181
Original post by Leeshur
How exactly can you cheat with them? If someone knows, please tell me. I'm curious. xD

this wasn't the funniest thing, to ever happen - someone setting off a stinkbomb in one of my exams probably was.

I use a laptop for my exams so I imagine it comes into effect during this circumstance :smile:
Reply 182
Original post by Abbseh
I use a laptop for my exams so I imagine it comes into effect during this circumstance :smile:

Ah okay, you lucky duck. :frown:
Reply 183
I went into a chemistry exam with a water bottle and they said you have to peel the label off and I'm like why

They said that some of the chemical minerals might help you in the exam.

I was like wdf
Reply 184
So there were 5 mins left. The student had his hand up for more paper. But the invigilator was asleep and the others were on patrol. So the student starts making noises to try to wake the invigilator including:

- fast foot tapping
- extra loud coughing
- pig noises

before getting bored and just shouting (mildly loudly) 'oi, I need some paper bruv'

Was hilarious watching this immense struggle
Reply 185
One of our invigilators was collecting papers in and he tripped over a chair leg. Luckily he didn't fall, it was just a little happy dance. He started giggling at first but then when someone splurted out with laughter he got all serious and shouted at them! We could NOT wait till he said 'you may all leave now.'
Reply 186
When invigilators play games to stand next to the 'x-est' kid..
x being ugly, smart, dumbest, smelliest
E.g. they go and stand next to the 'ugliest kid' and look at each other like :wink:
Reply 187
Original post by Leeshur

I've been bringing them in and never knew that!

We've always been banned from taking wter into exams at my school, but they relented a few weeks ago when it got really hot, however they insisted in sports tops to minimise spillage. Howevery most people didn't listen to this so when and invigilator tripped on someone's desk when they came to tell them off about it the water went everywhere.

Also we've had an exam where it turns out there aren't enough seats in the hall for everyone, and a fire alarm, which was actually really funny for no particular reason.
Several funny things have happened in my exams including:

'Jeremy' the music block pigeon, who repeatedly flies into the big glass window in the hall and music block ALL OF THE TIME

The guy on the music GCSE listening paper tape, who said "Why does my heart feel so bad?" (Name of a Moby song, but he said it with loads of feeling so we were all like 'nawwwwwww'...)

When I was twisting on my biro in GCSE ICT and it exploded, with the spring flying up into the air. There was a very tense moment where I thought I'd hit someone! :eek:
Reply 189
Original post by Leeshur
Ah okay, you lucky duck. :frown:

Its because my handwriting is quite bad, especially when I write more than about a page. The school thought it'd be best if I put in for a laptop as then I wouldn't be concerned about the examiner not being able to read it :smile:
Reply 190
When the c1 exam was finishing i realised i forgot about phone in my pocket and what do you think? It gone off right in the end of c1 exam, we were told if we are caught "cheating" our paper won't go off. However i was lucky because people were walking out of the room and teachers didn't notice it. I asked to go to toilet and left my phone there.
Like a ninja!
I had a computing exam a couple weeks ago, but it was just me and my friend and the invigilator in a tiny meeting room to do the exam. I had put my phone in my bag and on silent, but after about 30 minutes you just heard *buzzzzzz*....then twice more for the same message. Just had to stare at my paper and not crack up
Music GCSE. "Tragedy" by the Bee Gees came up. I was giggling throughout the entire question.
Somebody's phone went off in my decision exam a couple of weeks ago, the invigilator just walked over to the box and stared at it. Didn't try to turn it off or find out who it belonged to, just stared down at it until it stopped.

In one of my GCSEs the lights went off in the middle of the exam - we do our exams in the sports hall and for some reason all the windows have been blacked out, so it was pitch dark and some girls just started screaming.

I'm sure that's not all but that's all I can think of :smile:
Original post by ColdKant
When invigilators play games to stand next to the 'x-est' kid..
x being ugly, smart, dumbest, smelliest
E.g. they go and stand next to the 'ugliest kid' and look at each other like :wink:

I've heard about this! Makes me really paranoid when I notice invigilators anywhere near me...
flirting with a really young examiner before the exam and then both ending up blushing and looking over at each other during the exam
Reply 196
The guy sitting next to me vomiting all around his paper and table. It was sad but the faces he was making made me laugh so much. Now he has to redo his English language exam in November

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
The invigilator's phone went off ad the ring tone was 'see you later alligator'. So funny because it was hidden underneath her coat and she couldn't find it - it went on for like 2 minutes. ahhh how we laughed ^_^
Original post by AspiringGenius
My pen lid was stiff and I pulled too hard, hit myself in the face, and had a massive nosebleed over the paper, desk and floor, ^_^ good times

What did they do about the exam though?! Did you have to continue it?
at GCSEs, I noticed more than one chav sitting through the whole exam with their arms folded

Quick Reply

Latest