The Student Room Group

potential 2012 optometry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Any one else got a interview on the 15th of february at Bradford?? :smile:
Reply 561
Heyy has anyone heard from Plymouth yet? Still waiting!
CITY OFFER FINALLY! :woo: :woo: :party: - FIRM! :biggrin:
Reply 563
Original post by SazzyJazzyApple
Nope just Glasgow Cali for Optometry. I couldn't afford going across the border :frown:
Where have you applied to?

Applied to Glasgow cale,manchester, aston, cardiff and plymouth. The fees suck but i decided it was worth it. x
Original post by tina_1517
got an interview on 15th feb, pretty scared as i've got all 4 of my other offers but i really want to go Manchester lol

Got an interview for Manchester on 15th feb too, I'm freaked :-/
Reply 565
OPtometry isn't just working in a shop. Optometrists test people's eyes to check for all sorts of things. THe opticians shops just sell glasses so that it is conveniant and its the whole business part.
Plus its important that people can see properly or we'd all bump into one another
:wink:
Even optician is not only selling glasses. Unfortunately in many places opticians get treated like glasses sellers. Many people think that opticians are just trying to sell you cheap glasses for a lot of money (and some opticians really do).
Original post by anglloydo
Heyy has anyone heard from Plymouth yet? Still waiting!

Nopee!!!
Really annoying because I know I wont go there, but because theyre being really picky about offers I want to see if I'll actually get one before rejecting it :P
I emailed them to find out.
That sounds impatient but I worded it well and still havent had a reply from that :s-smilie:
Original post by jo-lo
Applied to Glasgow cale,manchester, aston, cardiff and plymouth. The fees suck but i decided it was worth it. x

Have you heard from Plymouth??
Reply 568
Original post by Jodieeee....
Have you heard from Plymouth??

Nope only heard from cardiff, aston and manchester.
OPtometry isn't just working in a shop. Optometrists test people's eyes to check for all sorts of things. THe opticians shops just sell glasses so that it is conveniant and its the whole business part.
Plus its important that people can see properly or we'd all bump into one another
:wink:

Hy saw that you've only applied to Cale, same as me, hav u heard anything yet? Did you apply any where else, I hav a conditional to pharmacy. What grades did you get last year, also what subjects and work experience have you got? :smile:
Nopee!!!
Really annoying because I know I wont go there, but because theyre being really picky about offers I want to see if I'll actually get one before rejecting it :P
I emailed them to find out.
That sounds impatient but I worded it well and still havent had a reply from that :s-smilie:

Haha that was the last uni I was waiting on, but I withdrew my application as soon as my City offer came through.
I wanted to get an offer from City so baaad! :lol: I firmed them ASAP and Insured ARU. :smile:

What is your first choice?
Reply 571
Quite alot of you have got interviews at Man uni on the 15th... but is there anyone else who has got a interview on the 15th of February at Bradford?? :smile:
Reply 572
I didnt get a maths question on mine. I just kept talking and talking so there was no time!!!!! :biggrin:
But people in my group did, some didnt know the answer and they all got offers.

haha! okay i'm gonna try this so hopefully they won't...did/do you do maths at AS or A2? 'cause apparently it depends on that, i did it at AS and then dropped for A2...really?! that is awesome because i'm most likely going to get it wrong :P
Original post by Sammy94
Quite alot of you have got interviews at Man uni on the 15th... but is there anyone else who has got a interview on the 15th of February at Bradford?? :smile:

I would have had one, but I got my Manchester uni letter, since Bradford offered me alternative dates I stuck with 15th at Manchester
Original post by hannahmac4
Hy saw that you've only applied to Cale, same as me, hav u heard anything yet? Did you apply any where else, I hav a conditional to pharmacy. What grades did you get last year, also what subjects and work experience have you got? :smile:

No-one's heard back from Caley yet.

Anyway, is ANYONE going to the AR open day tomorrow?
Original post by hannahmac4

Hey. Just Cali for optometry. I have highers As for English, Biology and Computing and Bs for Maths and Physics. THis year I am crashing Higher Chemistry:s-smilie: Higher Psychology and Higher History. I have work experience with specsavers and now work as an optical assistant in Black and LIzars just answering phones, booking appointments and filing. How about you?
Reply 576
Original post by Sammy94
Any one else got a interview on the 15th of february at Bradford?? :smile:

Hi sammy, when did you apply through ucas because I applied 10th jan and haven't received any reply from bradford yet. I know I'm a bit impatient but was wondering if it meant a no because everyone else has got back to me. Thanks
Reply 577
Original post by Nasar

Original post by Nasar
Hi sammy, when did you apply through ucas because I applied 10th jan and haven't received any reply from bradford yet. I know I'm a bit impatient but was wondering if it meant a no because everyone else has got back to me. Thanks

hey ,
i applied between end October and beginning of December. I got this reply from Bradford about 2 weeks ago.
So if u have applied on the 10th of Jan, then don’t worry it’s a bit soon, but I don’t blame you to be impatient..lol..
But don’t worry. It’s not because it’s a no, it’s because they need time to process it.

Oh and keep checking your UCAS, it will tell you there as well for all the offers and declines :smile:

best of luk :smile:
Reply 578
Original post by mobinawaraich

Original post by mobinawaraich
I would have had one, but I got my Manchester uni letter, since Bradford offered me alternative dates I stuck with 15th at Manchester

oki doki... thanks anyways.. and good luck :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey. Just Cali for optometry. I have highers As for English, Biology and Computing and Bs for Maths and Physics. THis year I am crashing Higher Chemistry:s-smilie: Higher Psychology and Higher History. I have work experience with specsavers and now work as an optical assistant in Black and LIzars just answering phones, booking appointments and filing. How about you?

Hy I have 3 A s and 2B s as well. doing AH bio, Chem :mad: (awful), AH Spanish, Higher Maths and physics. I had work experience in Specsavers Perth and in a small family run one in my local town and I , like yourself, work as an optical assistant. I work in Specsavers Dunf, and do phones, appts, etc and have just completed a course that will enable me to do collections and frame styling x
Hope that we both hear good news soon x

Quick Reply

Latest