University of York
York

University of York accommodation/college info and questions 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
misternite
langwith LA/B201 represent

oh crap, i just realised mine is a 38 week let. hmm =/

What's wrong with that? Most lets are 38 weeks. Did you apply for something else?
University of York
York
Reply 381
LA/B213a

:smile:
archly
What's wrong with that? Most lets are 38 weeks. Did you apply for something else?

I only need 33 weeks but whatever, not too fussed.

lizzieangel
Just glad there's someone else in Langwith :smile:

Yeah, I haven't seen any on TSR till I posted in this thread. I'm sure a few more will show themselves. Quality, not quantity is the Langwith way :wink:

zar91
LA/B213a

:smile:

Does this mean we'll be sharing kitchens and whatnot? Not sure how you'll cope with a glory hunting United fan celebrating most of the year :tongue:
I think we share a Kitchen between 6 or 8 in Langwith! And I'm sure we'll cope :P
Just got VA/EM/B1** :smile:

but that means old goodricke right? I hope it's not too bad...
Reply 385
Does this mean we'll be sharing kitchens and whatnot? Not sure how you'll cope with a glory hunting United fan celebrating most of the year :tongue:

I should imagine so, we're same block and same floor... hmm maybe not necessarily but let's see! I'm not sure how big the flats are in Langwith, do you know?

Haha yeah I'm not sure I could take that... nah I think I can cope! As long as you're able to put up with my rants about potential/actual points received, then we'll be fine.
Reply 386
Oop, just realised lizzieangel said 6-8 people... so if you're room 1 and I'm 13a then it might not be?
Reply 387
Hey,

Just got my accommodation confirmed VA/EM/A0**, very excited.

However does the 0 mean its on the ground floor? If so... doesn’t the uni have a flooding problem (the person who told me that may have been trying to wind me up and me being gullible fell for it..)?

Thanks for your help

Very excited now
mikethemuse
Alcuin all the way!!! :yep:

:woo: Too right my friend! :biggrin:
starlock
Hey,

However does the 0 mean its on the ground floor? If so... doesn’t the uni have a flooding problem (the person who told me that may have been trying to wind me up and me being gullible fell for it..)?

Thanks for your help

Very excited now

you'll be in the same block and on the same floor as meeeeeeeee :biggrin:
Vanbrugh F/307. I think that means I'm in Barbara Scott Court? Will the 3 mean I'm on the third floor?
Reply 391
starlock
Hey,

Thanks for your help

Very excited now

The person who told you this was winding you up. York has a flooding problem, but the Uni is safe!
Reply 392
MardyBum13
you'll be in the same block and on the same floor as meeeeeeeee :biggrin:

Wow, exciting- what ya studying? I’m studying politics with IR.

Not too long till October although so many (nearly everyone i now) is starting uni in September, going to be such a lonely time.

Thanks laser for the heads up about that. Originally as a joke, when looking at uni said I didn’t want to be in a flood plain or on a hill. Oh how the mighty have fallen (i also applied to aber, which is all hill).
starlock
Wow, exciting- what ya studying? I’m studying politics with IR.

Not too long till October although so many (nearly everyone i now) is starting uni in September, going to be such a lonely time.

Thanks laser for the heads up about that. Originally as a joke, when looking at uni said I didn’t want to be in a flood plain or on a hill. Oh how the mighty have fallen (i also applied to aber, which is all hill).

I'm doin philosophy :] and you? yeah i know what you mean...was sayin about havin leavin drinks to my friends and then i was like actually you'll all be gone :frown: lol

x
zar91
Oop, just realised lizzieangel said 6-8 people... so if you're room 1 and I'm 13a then it might not be?

Depends if the room numbering adds up :smile: If they're into "a" and "b" that makes me think old rooms have been merged etc.
Does anyone know how many people are supposed to be in P Block? Because on the website, it says there's two flats of six sharing a kitchen but I've got someone on Facebook who says they're in room 15? :eek:
Kris_McGee
Does anyone know how many people are supposed to be in P Block? Because on the website, it says there's two flats of six sharing a kitchen but I've got someone on Facebook who says they're in room 15? :eek:

That may mean on just one floor lovely. So that means he would be on first floor.

Dunno if i am right though. Ask him to check his address.
melons_2009
That may mean on just one floor lovely. So that means he would be on first floor.

She's on the ground floor. At least, I'm almost 100% sure their address was AL/P015
Got my offer for Halifax. It's House G, Ingram Court (IN/G24).
I've seen some others in Halifax college but is anyone in Ingram?
Reply 399
melons_2009

It's two flats of 6 sharing a kitchen, meaning 12 a floor.

Room 1 is the landing, room 2 is the cleaners cupboard, 3-8 is flat 1, 9 is the kitchen, 10-15 is the second flat :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending