The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York accommodation/college info and questions 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

oh myy, everyone seems to be going to alcuin :O
has anyone been accepted to james college?
University of York
York
Halifax, St. Lawrence Court, House V!
Anyone joining me there? :wink:
Reply 782
-WhySoSerious?
If the room was available to be booked, then I would be fairly certain of getting it. As soon as colleges are booked up, they are taken off the accommodation list.

Thanks. You were right - a couple fo days later she got Alcuin, M block, 2nd floor (can't remember which room - 14... or was it 16?).

The map doesn't really make it clear which is M block, but I think it is in the courtyard arrangement.

Just thought I'd pass on my thanks to BubblesMcGee, who kindly showed us her room at one of the open days. That was Alcuin, in the courtyard, and the chat converted my daughter to being unsure about York to being thrilled to bits that she is going. I'm sure everyone who is going there will have a great time - it is just 3 years of your life, but the memories stay with you forever.
bb193
Thanks. You were right - a couple fo days later she got Alcuin, M block, 2nd floor (can't remember which room - 14... or was it 16?).

The map doesn't really make it clear which is M block, but I think it is in the courtyard arrangement.

Just thought I'd pass on my thanks to BubblesMcGee, who kindly showed us her room at one of the open days. That was Alcuin, in the courtyard, and the chat converted my daughter to being unsure about York to being thrilled to bits that she is going. I'm sure everyone who is going there will have a great time - it is just 3 years of your life, but the memories stay with you forever.

Hello again! Don't know how much you remember of the courtyard when you came to see my room, but M block was next to mine, it was the taller building at the end. Glad I could help on the open day!
bb193

Hi there :smile: I don't think I've spoken to you before but I'm going to be in Alcuin block N (same flat as Bubbles actually) so I may well meet your daughter there! Say hi from me :h:
Reply 785
bb193

There is no 216, so she's in 214, which was my old room! (5 years ago now :s-smilie:) 'tis an awesome room, and yeah, it's in the new quad
Reply 786
loonyplatypus
Hi there :smile: I don't think I've spoken to you before but I'm going to be in Alcuin block N (same flat as Bubbles actually) so I may well meet your daughter there! Say hi from me :h:

Hi I'm Alice (the daughter being discussed in the last couple of posts!) :smile:
My room is Flat 6 in Block M so we may well run into each other. What are you studying?
Reply 787
Anyone flat 42 in Goodricke?
Reply 788
There are so many very helpful York students here, I wondered if anyone had any advice on connecting a laptop to the York IT network for the first time -
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1382055?
Reply 789
Is anyone staying in halifax college? i didnt really have much choice for accomodation cause i needed 51 weeks let, and was being fussy etc. but from what ive read on here it sounds pretty lame? any help? :thumbsdown:
Reply 790
Anyone else in block J2 in Alcuin? I'm in flat 4 :smile:
Ingram Court, House K?
Rozinka
Me! :yep: What block are you in? :smile:
I have no idea what it looks like. Guess it's supposed to be a surprise... :p:

Ahh cool :smile: I am in Block A... you?
Reply 793
Hey, I've got Alcuin college block P flat 1, anyone else in my block/flat?
eah123
Hey, I've got Alcuin college block P flat 1, anyone else in my block/flat?

ME! Hi there flat mate :biggrin: This is very surreal... What are you studying?
Reply 795
pinchofsunshine
ME! Hi there flat mate :biggrin: This is very surreal... What are you studying?

Hey flat mate, I'm doing chemistry. I see your doing history? I'm really excited I hope all our flat mates are nice. What kind of stuff do you enjoy doing?
Reply 796
Wazeh
Alcuin, Block P, Flat 4 here! :woo:
Anybody else?

Also alcuin block P but Flat 1 :smile:
Reply 797
missed out on the deadline to apply for accommodation..what shall i do now?? have already emailed the accommodation office and waiting for reply..am i in trouble now?
I'd say so. Start looking for off capus accom.
Reply 799
From the YUSU blog:
Student Accommodation 2010/11

Today I met with the University of York’s Registrar, Campus Manager and PVC for Students, following the meeting I can report that they have agreed to commit to the following points:

* Fulfil their pledge to provide accommodation for everyone who applied before the deadline on midnight the 26th of August.
* If we still have more students who have been promised accommodation than beds at the start of the term, they will be accommodated near the campus in private accommodation.
* Currently they have 50 more students than beds, but they expect that figure to diminish before the start of term.

So they are expecting people to drop out before the term starts but it's still not looking good unfortunately. There are people around that are advertising for flat mates- look on facebook, this site, yougo etc.
I'm not in a great position either (though I realise yours is worse, sorry), I could only get 51 weeks and won't be able to afford it. Does anyone know if it's possible to swap accommodation before the start of term, and if so then how?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending