The Student Room Group

Working at Next

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know what to do if you miss he phone call? Just had a number try to ring me as I'm driving, I tried ringing the number back now and it's Next. Just my luck. Absolutely gutted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goodwinning
Anyone know what to do if you miss he phone call? Just had a number try to ring me as I'm driving, I tried ringing the number back now and it's Next. Just my luck. Absolutely gutted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I missed the call and got a message with some callback details. If you go online you should be able to find the extension of the store you applied for. Just call the main next number and press it in, and then press the option for the office.
Did you get the message straightaway? I haven't got any message from them; I've tried ringing the number back and it's from one of the Next stores I applied at and it just keeps ringing.

Btw if you've applied at two next stores (and been shortlisted for both) will the other one give you a call too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you get the message straightaway? I haven't got any message from them; I've tried ringing the number back and it's from one of the Next stores I applied at and it just keeps ringing.

Btw if you've applied at two next stores (and been shortlisted for both) will the other one give you a call too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

With regards to calling the store back, I think it's best to call them before 10AM if you can, I know it's a bit of a hassle but sometimes ringing phones are just something in the background when the store is very busy and people don't always get to them in time. I always had the most success calling earlier in the morning. And yeah I think both should be in contact with you if you were shortlisted.
Original post by puddingbot
With regards to calling the store back, I think it's best to call them before 10AM if you can, I know it's a bit of a hassle but sometimes ringing phones are just something in the background when the store is very busy and people don't always get to them in time. I always had the most success calling earlier in the morning. And yeah I think both should be in contact with you if you were shortlisted.

Ok, thank you for the advice and I will call them around 9 tomorrow morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm thinking of applying of a summer job (over the summer only) but first, can someone tell me the difference between the 'part time placement' and 'part time temporary placement' ? I only want to work for around 4 weeks over the summer as I will have to start year 13 from September, which is very important with final exams and universities to worry about. Also, do any of you who have worked at or had an interview at next know how the contract works - do you have to work for the first 3 months and then decide to leave and hand in a notice or can you end after 3-4 weeks? Thanks
Original post by TheKian
Just did my induction. Spent about an hour going through obvious health and safety stuff and then had a tour.

It started late and finished early, we had no customer interaction or training. Got given a five hour shift for one day (sold as 3 days so very disappointed).

The telephone interview guy spoke about extra days before the sale but no mention of that today.

Also the issue of payment and future employment were ignored. No idea if I'm getting paid for having 2 hours of my life wasted or not.

I could literally go into the sale knowing nothing -_-

Also I got asked to bring reference details and no mention if that either

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was everyone wearing? I got told on the phone to dress casual but I don't want to go over/under-dressed

Original post by deborarosa
After you've filled the online application and next say they've received it, how long does it take for next to contact you whether it's via email or phone? Thanks

It took about 2 weeks before I got a phone call
(edited 8 years ago)
Luckily I've worked in the charity shop on my own for quite a while with the same responsibilitys. Will be quite funny watching people with no retail experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I wore a smart short sleeved untucked shirt with dark jeans, another guy wore a shirt with jeans. The girls just wore casual clothes from next. Pretty much anyone at the induction gets the job anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheKian
So I wore a smart short sleeved untucked shirt with dark jeans, another guy wore a shirt with jeans. The girls just wore casual clothes from next. Pretty much anyone at the induction gets the job anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were any of the girls wearing jeans? Not sure whether that is too casual

Posted from TSR Mobile
Girls wore dark jeans and a top usually with a cardigan, I think they should've dressed smarter tbf

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got told to wear something smart, like black trousers
Reply 6272
thoughts on wearing a ben sherman smart shirt (with the ben sherman printed on pocket) for induction?
Do you require to have 2 referees for the summer sale support jobs?
in the email from next it says my first shift is monday 6th july at 10:00, but on the site it says my first shift is on 17th july at 18:00? so does anyone know what one it will be?? my induction is on friday and i have no clue what to wear, i don't own really really smart clothes and the women on the phone said just to wear jeans and a nice top. also how much would a 16 year old get paid hourly? thank you :smile:
Original post by anonymous_2015
Do you require to have 2 referees for the summer sale support jobs?

No I don't think so, I didn't have any references at all when I applied (as a Christmas temp initially) and was never asked for any.
Had the phone interview today; passed it and the lady on the phone said the next step of the assessment is on Friday. She really emphasised to wear something smart so wearing jeans and a nice top is out of the question now.

I'm thinking of wearing a black skirt with a vest and cardigan. I don't know whether it'd be appropriate to not wear tights since it's basically a job interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone working at the cardiff store temp?
Had the phone interview today; passed it and the lady on the phone said the next step of the assessment is on Friday. She really emphasised to wear something smart so wearing jeans and a nice top is out of the question now.
I'm thinking of wearing a black skirt with a vest and cardigan. I don't know whether it'd be appropriate to not wear tights since it's basically a job interview.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd definitely wear tights!
I previously worked at a next store before heading off to Uni last year, if I go in-store and ask for a job for the Summer am I likely to get rehired for the Summer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending