The Student Room Group

Working at Next

Scroll to see replies

how will we know what to do each day? can someone explain
Reply 6401
Well it wasnt working in store either, so the lady who was training me sorted the password out and she gave me a new password and told me to check it when I get home, but that still isn't working
Reply 6402
Original post by zoepetre
how will we know what to do each day? can someone explain

Go on the NEP and it will tell you what floor you will be working on & then when you clock in on that floor there should be a rota telling you what to do and where to go
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Gabe_4
Go on the NEP and it will tell you what floor you will be working on & then when you clock in on that floor there should be a rota telling you what to do and where to go

It doesn't tell me what I'm doing and where I'm going? It only says I'm working on childrens wear, or womens wear.
Original post by Gabe_4
Well it wasnt working in store either, so the lady who was training me sorted the password out and she gave me a new password and told me to check it when I get home, but that still isn't working

Are you a sales temp?
It doesn't tell me what I'm doing and where I'm going? It only says I'm working on childrens wear, or womens wear.

After you clock in and go down to the floor (childrenswear, womenswear, or whatever) ask someone where the floor control is (I think different stores call this different things but basically there should be a printed rota for each department, detailing who is in that day with start and end times, and breaks plotted in etc). This will let you know when your break is and also let you know which "zone" of the floor you should be on -- if you're not sure what the zones are, just ask. Each department/tillpoint should also have a book with tasks written in it each day -- if you've just started you may not know how to complete them all but there may be a few you can get on with when you get a chance, and ultimately the best advice is just to ask if you're unsure or want to be taught something new.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6406
Original post by PsychologyNerdy
Are you a sales temp?

No a part time sales consultant
Has anyone actually been able to get some extra shifts using the employee portal? There are never any shifts available when I check and a friend told me every time he's worked extra shifts, it's because he's asked a manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went in about the shift I couldnt do today just talked to someone on tills and they told me to remind the person at induction tomorrw. Went home and the nep was updated and that shift is gone my other one is there so seems to be no problem :smile: in the email I got about induction it told me to wear something smart in it so was going to wear black trousers and a blouse I dont have too many smart looking clothes!
Original post by goodwinning
Has anyone actually been able to get some extra shifts using the employee portal? There are never any shifts available when I check and a friend told me every time he's worked extra shifts, it's because he's asked a manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got about 5 extra shifts, but I literally checked NEP every hour every day.

I'm going to start doing that then and see if I'll have any luck. I thought maybe I just wasn't seeing any available shifts as I've only just started. Really want to get some extra shifts as I'm only on 8hrs and I've got so much free time this summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you a sales temp?
Hi, I've got a phone interview for a sale temp job tomorrow, just wondering what kind of questions will be asked? thanks :smile:
Are you a sales temp?

yeah :smile:
yeah :smile:

Do you know if you had to do anything on learning portal? You're so lucky to be getting extra shifts! The store i'm at has none!

Where does it tell you what department you are working on?
Do the sales temps get given a next sale shirt?
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Where does it tell you what department you are working on?

On mine it has WW next to it and it means womenswear
Do the sales temps get given a next sale shirt?

Yes AFAIK; all staff members had to wear a sales shirt at Christmas.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just had my sales temp induction, so I thought I'd share a few things that might help some people.

Firstly, the shifts listed on your NEP could be wrong. This was the case for everyone at my induction, and instead we were handed out a little card which had room for us to write them down. This was a bit annoying for me because NEP said I started at 11am, whereas actually it's 5:30am! As for the uniform, we were told to wear casual for the Friday evening where you'll basically be marking down the stock, and then we were provided with free sale t-shirts which must be worn on the day of the sale. I'm not sure if this is company wide policy, but at least that's the case for the store I'm at. The induction was quite lengthy and involved a few videos, and then a few practical exercises to test using the marking down equipment and to practice recovery at speed (basically picking up clothes). After that, we had a tour of the store and fire exits and then a debrief to tell us where to go on arrival.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending