The Student Room Group

Working at Next

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slimyfox42
I have a next shop floor assessment in a few days to see if I get a job or not, any idea what I should wear? Jeans, Chinos or Cords? what shirt etc

I asked during the phone interview when the called prior to getting offered the job there. I was told to wear black trousers/jeans and a black top as we would be doing practical assessments. Might be worth calling to check with your store though as they may want you to wear something smarter depending on what role you've applied for.
I have my induction on the 4th May and I'm so excited. I've been given 16hours permanently however I was just wondering if anyone who works for next new how long usually it would take to get more permanent hours :smile:
Anyone know the company code for Next employee perks ? Or does it differ for each store.
hi

i applied for a job in next and got an email saying ive been shortlisted and theyll be in touch.

this was about 4 weeks ago and i havent heard back-what do i do cuz i really wanna get the job
Original post by chocolatexo
hi

i applied for a job in next and got an email saying ive been shortlisted and theyll be in touch.

this was about 4 weeks ago and i havent heard back-what do i do cuz i really wanna get the job

First off it depends on the closing date.. but it shouldn't usually take 4 weeks. The only time this happened to me was when a 4* employee got the position so they took it down early (4* employee's get priority). They didn't let me know until just over a month later. You could ring the store but if not you just have to wait for an email :smile: It's really frustrating, I know :smile:
Original post by MeghanJH2299
First off it depends on the closing date.. but it shouldn't usually take 4 weeks. The only time this happened to me was when a 4* employee got the position so they took it down early (4* employee's get priority). They didn't let me know until just over a month later. You could ring the store but if not you just have to wait for an email :smile: It's really frustrating, I know :smile:

thanks for ur reply :smile:

damnnnn-ill email them then and will say i was really looking forward to the opportunity etc.. and see how it goes

:smile:
Original post by Fieryfireforever
Anyone know the company code for Next employee perks ? Or does it differ for each store.

I believe it is: n3xt!
Original post by QWERTYWD
I believe it is: n3xt!

Doesn't work :/
Original post by zoepetre
thank you!

Hey what's the company code for the next benefits ?
Original post by Fieryfireforever
Doesn't work :/

It says on NEP somewhere. I belive you click on benefits and download a pdf? I did it a very long time ago mind.
Original post by cupcake2nite123
Hey
I got an offer for a permanent job at next; however, i have to go back to uni in September. They didn't really understand when I said this and they gave me the job anyway ( i think they though that i would still be able to do the contract hours in September which I cant). Do you think its okay to quit after a couple of months? Also whats the notice period for Next? Do Next make you sign a contract where you have to do a minimum number of months if having a permanent position ?

The notice period is one month if you're there longer than 3 months, anything before that is one week. Yes you sign a contract for the hours you have applied, since you still haven't signed the contract ask if there are any different hours possibly available ? I did that, and went from a thurs and sunday contract to just weekend. Good luck :smile:
Original post by adrianna_xx
The notice period is one month if you're there longer than 3 months, anything before that is one week. Yes you sign a contract for the hours you have applied, since you still haven't signed the contract ask if there are any different hours possibly available ? I did that, and went from a thurs and sunday contract to just weekend. Good luck :smile:

I quit on the spot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just left next and I got paid when do they give the rest of the money
Original post by smurffette108
I have my induction on the 4th May and I'm so excited. I've been given 16hours permanently however I was just wondering if anyone who works for next new how long usually it would take to get more permanent hours :smile:

They will probably keep putting you on temporary contracts (I'm currently on my second) but if/when they decide to make you permanent you will probably be able to discuss the hours and make any changes. If you can work more than 16 hours a week just change your availability to what you can do and the system will just put you in for more shifts automatically. Otherwise, there is a thing you can do where you can pick up extra shifts so if you see a shift you can do and you want to work more hours you can just pick more up.
Hope this helps :smile:
Does anyone know what "take whole shift as toa means"?
Original post by biostudent97

Doesn't it mean "take whole shift as time of absence". Which should mean you're offering up your whole shift on the market place etc?
Original post by QWERTYWD
Doesn't it mean "take whole shift as time of absence". Which should mean you're offering up your whole shift on the market place etc?

Oh do you know if that has to be approved by the manager?
Reply 7937
Original post by biostudent97

TOA means 'time off available'. So you can take the time off if you want it, whether you take the whole shift off or just even 1/2 hour is up to you. It doesn't need to be approved by a manager.
How would I go about getting a transfer to a different store? The store I currently work at is too far and the travel is long
Anyone here got a job at Next without any customer service experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending