Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Dan9878
Utter rubbish. You start on band 5 regardless of bsc / foundation

Yep I agree with you!
Reply 381
Original post by hhh123
Yep I agree with you!

I still think that paramedics should start on band 6, i've been told they are band 5 because the majority don't have a diploma/ degree.
Reply 382
Anybody got a Staffordshire Interview tomorrow? Has anyone had an interview their before? Any ideas guys on what to prep just for Staffordshire?
Reply 383
Original post by Dan9878
I still think that paramedics should start on band 6, i've been told they are band 5 because the majority don't have a diploma/ degree.

Yes I definitely agree. My main reason being that why should nurses and paramedics be paid the same when paramedics receive a lot more 'on-the-go' stress.

Maybe I'm just being biased!
Reply 384
I'm getting a bit worried about Brighton?

How many others are there here that have applied to Brighton (back in October) and haven't heard anything?!
Reply 385
Original post by hhh123
I'm getting a bit worried about Brighton?

How many others are there here that have applied to Brighton (back in October) and haven't heard anything?!

I applied on the 27th. How about you?
Reply 386
Original post by Dan9878
I applied on the 27th. How about you?

I applied on the 20th.
So you haven't heard anything either?
Reply 387
Original post by hhh123
I applied on the 20th.
So you haven't heard anything either?

Nope :angry:
Reply 388
Original post by Dan9878
Ah well done! When did you send your application? I'm still waiting to hear from brighton and surrey. Not looking good for me :mad:

Probs my predicted grades are whats holding me back.

They said we might have to wait till March. Although the student paramedic said he heard back within a week. Did you get asked 5 questions, 2 of which were not on the sheet?

Ahh hopefully youll be fine in the end though :smile: i sent mine off on october 12th, and they got back to me about a week ago.

What are your predicted grades? because surely if they meet the requirements, then they become pretty much irrelevant?

I really really hope we dont have to wait until march! the wait will be agonising! Yee i did, and they werent particularly hard questions, just standard stuff. Who did you have interviewing you?
Reply 389
Does anyone know if Paramedic courses are considered professional courses by student finance? I already have a degree so my chances of getting any financial help for this arn't looking great!
Reply 390
Original post by Dan9878
Nope :angry:

Hopefully we'll here soon :biggrin:

What are you studying atm and what experience do you have?
Reply 391
Original post by llamble
Ahh hopefully youll be fine in the end though :smile: i sent mine off on october 12th, and they got back to me about a week ago.

What are your predicted grades? because surely if they meet the requirements, then they become pretty much irrelevant?

I really really hope we dont have to wait until march! the wait will be agonising! Yee i did, and they werent particularly hard questions, just standard stuff. Who did you have interviewing you?

My predicted grades are A* Business, B German, C Biology. Brighton said they were fine, and surrey said my application would still be considered. I applied when the requirements were AAB - ABB. Its changed to AAB now.

My interviewers were the ones who did the presentation. How about you?
Reply 392
Original post by Dan9878
My predicted grades are A* Business, B German, C Biology. Brighton said they were fine, and surrey said my application would still be considered. I applied when the requirements were AAB - ABB. Its changed to AAB now.

Oh, thats really annoying! Brightons still 300 points i think, so youll be fine there still :smile: and i guess with surrey if your personal statements good enough then maybe it wont matter?

Ye, i had the same ones, they were really nice :smile:
Reply 393
Original post by Dan9878

I am in the same situation as you in terms of predictions and Brighton.
I'm predicted (A) Health and Social Care, (B) Psychology and (C) Maths.
Reply 394
Original post by llamble
Oh, thats really annoying! Brightons still 300 points i think, so youll be fine there still :smile: and i guess with surrey if your personal statements good enough then maybe it wont matter?

Ye, i had the same ones, they were really nice :smile:

Ye they were nice. The paramedic didn't really say a lot though.

Surrey said they would still consider my application. I've got an AS in chemistry too. Brighton and plymouth are 300 points.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 395
Original post by hhh123
I am in the same situation as you in terms of predictions and Brighton.
I'm predicted (A) Health and Social Care, (B) Psychology and (C) Maths.

If you dont mind me asking why did you get rejected from plymouth?
Reply 396
Original post by Dan9878
If you dont mind me asking why did you get rejected from plymouth?

Because they require Biology or Chemistry A Level.

Basically, I applied because I am from Plymouth so had the hope of being able to live at home! And also because at the open day one of the admissions tutors said they'd still consider me because my other subjects are very much related to the course. However when they rejected me I phoned them up and they said that they rejected me because I didn't have Bio of Chem. So there's some confusion along the line somewhere.
Reply 397
Original post by WannabeParamedic
That's great! LJMU were really slow last year!

haha my bad, I meant to write Coventry. Whoops sorry, not heard anything from LJMU apart from to confirm my driving licence.
Reply 398
Had a call from Brighton, no longer need to head up for the fitness test, cancelled until after interviews, Im sure I'll meet some of you on the 14th..:smile:
Reply 399
Hi
I'm about to send in my application for Swansea. Does anyone know if we have to do a fitness test at interview or before we start the course? Also, does anyone know what they have asked at interview in the past?

Thanks.

Latest