The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
How is everyone preparing for the Coventry selection week in February? The thing I'm worried about is the group interviews! Last year we had military guys in the group of 12 and they all helped each other out and wouldn't let anyone else get a word in!
Reply 1381
Original post by katy20
anybody heard anything from John Moores yet I went for an interview on tuesday and got an unsuccessful today :frown:

Oh no. Sorry to hear that, the interview was quite tough though wasn't it! When did you have your interview morning or afternoon? Mine was afternoon x x x
Hey people, good luck with everything!

Would anybody be able to give me a guide as to what subjects and grades people have? and any work experience?

Would be ever so grateful, thanks
Original post by stid123
Do you have any accommodation plans in place yet? I know it's early but I'm starting to look into it!

I live at home. Im already a student at brighton and some words of advice, i wouldnt recommend living on campus. its a nightmare. A few of my friends on the nursing course with me did it in first year and hated it, they got hardly any sleep. Other students there dont study like we do, they only have 6 hours a week so they go out all the time. Plus, if your on night shifts then you have no chance of sleeping during the day. They now live in house shares in/around Brighton and are so much better off.
Original post by MsShoppingBags
I live at home. Im already a student at brighton and some words of advice, i wouldnt recommend living on campus. its a nightmare. A few of my friends on the nursing course with me did it in first year and hated it, they got hardly any sleep. Other students there dont study like we do, they only have 6 hours a week so they go out all the time. Plus, if your on night shifts then you have no chance of sleeping during the day. They now live in house shares in/around Brighton and are so much better off.

That's one thing I'm so glad of at Swansea. We have separate healthcare student halls. I'm still going into a professional house share next year though not a student one.
Reply 1385
Original post by f0rbesy
How is everyone preparing for the Coventry selection week in February? The thing I'm worried about is the group interviews! Last year we had military guys in the group of 12 and they all helped each other out and wouldn't let anyone else get a word in!

What were the group interviews last year?

Original post by Phil90974

Would anybody be able to give me a guide as to what subjects and grades people have? and any work experience?

Health & Social Care, Psychology and Mathematics A Levels. (AS grades: ABE, A Level predictions AAD).
Extended Project Level 3 - Different roles within health care (Grade B)
Work exp: SJA, MIU and elderly care.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1386

A level Photography, Film, General studies and Biology - BBCD respectively

BTEC Health and Social Care Subsid Diploma - Distinction

EPQ - Prospective Paramedic Student Guide

British Red Cross - Ambulance Crew

Volunteer in a care home and work experience in a neurodisability centre and in charge of a science group during college

I applied last year had 4 out of 5 interviews. All rejections due to not enough experience.

A Levels: Double Award in Health & Social Care - CD and ICT - B
Joined SJA in 1999 as a Badger, Cadet in 2003, Took over Badgers in 2010 and Cadets in 2011. Many operational duties.
Work in EAU/A&E at local hospital full time including days and nights as a nursing auxilairy doing Obs, patient care, bloods, cannulas, ECGs etc.
1 day a week a school for children with disabilities in the OT department.
Reply 1388
Original post by katy20
anybody heard anything from John Moores yet I went for an interview on tuesday and got an unsuccessful today :frown:

Ah noo, sorry to hear that! :frown: i was there on tuesday to, were you in the afternoon? i havent heard anything back yet, but will probably be unsuccessful since theres only 16 places!!! did you get a letter or via ucas?
Original post by Nikki7
Ah noo, sorry to hear that! :frown: i was there on tuesday to, were you in the afternoon? i havent heard anything back yet, but will probably be unsuccessful since theres only 16 places!!! did you get a letter or via ucas?

Did they say there was only 16 places?? At the open day they said there was the full 20?!! How did you find the interview?
Reply 1390
Original post by rachael22
Did they say there was only 16 places?? At the open day they said there was the full 20?!! How did you find the interview?

Yeerh im pretty sure thats what they said!im so worried!..but i found it was quite relaxed a woman gave us a little talk at the start an she was really nice an tried her best to make you feel relaxed ha ..an then i got interviewd by 2 guys who were again really friendly :smile: think it went okay, but then afterwards kept kicking myself as theres more things i couldve said ha..but just really hard to tell because of so many good applicants an so few places! do you have an interview there? :smile:
Reply 1391
Got an interview at Hertfordshire on the 7th March :biggrin:
Preparing, well trying to prepare for my interview at St Georges which is next week! Still waiting to hear from JMU, Edge Hill, UCLAN and Swansea
Original post by Nikki7
Yeerh im pretty sure thats what they said!im so worried!..but i found it was quite relaxed a woman gave us a little talk at the start an she was really nice an tried her best to make you feel relaxed ha ..an then i got interviewd by 2 guys who were again really friendly :smile: think it went okay, but then afterwards kept kicking myself as theres more things i couldve said ha..but just really hard to tell because of so many good applicants an so few places! do you have an interview there? :smile:

Not heard back of them yet so hoping I get invited soon! They were really nice when I had a look round, a guy called Colin gave the talk he was really friendly, think he was one of the lecturers. Let me know how you get on
Reply 1393
Original post by hhh123
What were the group interviews last year?

You were put into groups of 12 and the interviewer will ask a question and the group will have to discuss it. I forgot how many questions she asks but think its between 3 and 5!
Reply 1394

Myself I have graduated from rescue and emergency management at the university of Plymouth, have 2 years community first responding and 5 years of st John ambulance.

Everyone on here has different experience!

But this still isn't enough experience to be accepted!
Original post by f0rbesy
You were put into groups of 12 and the interviewer will ask a question and the group will have to discuss it. I forgot how many questions she asks but think its between 3 and 5!

I had about 10 questions at Cov? I lasted a good hour
Reply 1396
Is Coventry interview THAT bad? -_-
Everyone makes out it's hell...
Reply 1397
Original post by ~Justin~
I had about 10 questions at Cov? I lasted a good hour

We lasted a good hour too, just people just kept talking!

Original post by hhh123
Is Coventry interview THAT bad? -_-
Everyone makes out it's hell...

And new this year is a maths test!
Reply 1398
Original post by f0rbesy
We lasted a good hour too, just people just kept talking!

And new this year is a maths test!

Maths test will be itey! Doing A-Level Maths!
Original post by hhh123

I'm glad the English test went... They didn't like mine :\

Latest