The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich Medical School) Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Parle à ma main
Thank you! :smile:

I was honestly expecting 4 rejections, my UKCAT is awful, my GCSEs are average, and I got so frustrated with the conflicting advice on PS that I just gave up with it. Loving life atm :p:

But I might have to reschedule it... our school has a celebration of success on that day and I'm meant to be giving a speech. But I really don't want to reschedule it, UEA have given me a month til interview, which is the perfect amount of time to prep. :frown:

Me too just got it now looked at it and thought thank God!!!!!!!!!!! Its on 11 January. Soo excited!!!
Interview!!! :smile: I have to reschedule though as I have an exam on the same day :smile:
Original post by os100
Me too just got it now looked at it and thought thank God!!!!!!!!!!! Its on 11 January. Soo excited!!!

Original post by areyousure?
Interview!!! :smile: I have to reschedule though as I have an exam on the same day :smile:

Congrats you two!!! :biggrin: All's well that ends well!
Er, you know on the page where it asks you to confirm your interview? Is anything supposed to happen when you click "accept"? I just clicked on it three times and nothing happened :erm:
Reply 384
Congratulations to everyone with an interview :smile:!!
Quick question have any international students received an interview yet??
Er, you know on the page where it asks you to confirm your interview? Is anything supposed to happen when you click "accept"? I just clicked on it three times and nothing happened :erm:

thats what happened to me, hope it worked!
Original post by jessplease
thats what happened to me, hope it worked!

Ah phew. I hope I didn't skew up their calculations by clicking three times though :p:
Ah phew. I hope I didn't skew up their calculations by clicking three times though :p:

thats what i was thinking aha! worried ive sent them like 10 comfirmation emails lol
How are you preparing for yourr interview?

Hmm when I clicked "decline" (I have to reschedule mine) it popped up with an email containing a little template to fill out of why I can't attend it, etc. Are you sure nothing like that popped out? I'm not sure how they'd know it was you, if you just click "attend" on one of the dates...
Original post by feverdream
Hmm when I clicked "decline" (I have to reschedule mine) it popped up with an email containing a little template to fill out of why I can't attend it, etc. Are you sure nothing like that popped out? I'm not sure how they'd know it was you, if you just click "attend" on one of the dates...

nope, it didnt work, bit worried now, do you think i should ring up?
nope, it didnt work, bit worried now, do you think i should ring up?

I just hit "accept" on one of the dates to check, and it does indeed come up with an email... you can email them if you want, otherwise the template says:

"Dear Admissions,

Thank you for the invitation to attend the above interview. I am pleased to confirm that I will be attending.

NAME:

UCAS PERSONAL ID:

INTERVIEW TIME:

Subsequently following acceptance if you decide that you no longer wish to attend, please notify us at the earliest opportunity so that you space can be offered to someone else."

And it should be sent to [email protected] (from your account that they sent the interview invite, I guess).

Disclaimer: but maybe you should ring if you want to be sure - I don't want to be responsible for giving anyone the wrong info! :smile:
Oh and in the subject line, as an example:

"Medicine (MBBS) - A100 Interview - Thursday 1st March 2012 - Accept"

So that they know which date you're talking about.
i have an interview :biggrin: :biggrin: so happy :biggrin: :biggrin:
Oh and in the subject line, as an example:

"Medicine (MBBS) - A100 Interview - Thursday 1st March 2012 - Accept"

So that they know which date you're talking about.

Thankyou! I managed to get it up on my Iphone so sent the email :smile:
Thankyou! I managed to get it up on my Iphone so sent the email :smile:

Oh good! You mean the pop-up worked on your phone? I'd imagine UEA are going to get very bored with chasing people whose pop-ups don't work on their computers! :tongue:
I just hit "accept" on one of the dates to check, and it does indeed come up with an email... you can email them if you want, otherwise the template says:

"Dear Admissions,

Thank you for the invitation to attend the above interview. I am pleased to confirm that I will be attending.

NAME:

UCAS PERSONAL ID:

INTERVIEW TIME:

Subsequently following acceptance if you decide that you no longer wish to attend, please notify us at the earliest opportunity so that you space can be offered to someone else."

And it should be sent to [email protected] (from your account that they sent the interview invite, I guess).

Disclaimer: but maybe you should ring if you want to be sure - I don't want to be responsible for giving anyone the wrong info! :smile:

You complete lifesaver, I might have ended up missing out on the interview because of that, thank you so much!
Oh good! You mean the pop-up worked on your phone? I'd imagine UEA are going to get very bored with chasing people whose pop-ups don't work on their computers! :tongue:

yup the pop-up, and i know! :smile:
The link on the website isn't working!

I clicked on accept and a window pops up saying 'Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not available'

Anyone else get a similar message?
Original post by jmillslittle
The link on the website isn't working!

I clicked on accept and a window pops up saying 'Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not available'

Anyone else get a similar message?

I think it requires that you have some kind of email client on your computer, for Windows I guess that's Outlook (?) or for me it's called Mail (I'm on a Mac). Bit stupid of them to do it like that really but oh well. If you're having trouble I'd just drop them an email, or you can use the template I posted up... see above.
You complete lifesaver, I might have ended up missing out on the interview because of that, thank you so much!

No worries! I'm sure they would have chased you anyway, but it's nice to know it's sorted now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending