The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich Medical School) Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I had my interview on a snow day back in January '10. A lot of interviewees and even interviewers couldn't make it in - for those that turned up (like me) the interview went ahead and for those that couldn't I think it was rearranged. I was phoned up on the day to check if I could still make it.

Is it possible you can give me some information about the clinical audit project in year 4 and taking an intercalated degree. I am kinda confused! :confused:

Thankyou! :smile:
Original post by handsome7654

Is it possible you can give me some information about the clinical audit project in year 4 and taking an intercalated degree. I am kinda confused! :confused:

Not really, because I know next to nothing about it. Sorry!
Reply 982
Anyone else got an interview tomorrow??
Reply 983

As part of the fourth year you undertake a clinical audit at either a GP surgery or one of the hospitals. The purpose of the audits are to check if certain standards are being met, and if they're not to find out why and suggest changes to practise to ensure those standards are met (these standards are generally set by NICE or the CNST). Clinical audit is something that Doctors and other healthcare professionals do a lot to ensure high levels of care. The medical school get us to do one so that we have a good idea about the whole thing before we go out in to the work place.

Intercalated degrees generally occur after completion of the fourth year. At the UEA you can do either an MClinEd (teaching) or MSc (research). I think you can do intercalated BSc's but you would have to go to a different university to complete the intercalated year.
Original post by UEAMedic
As part of the fourth year you undertake a clinical audit at either a GP surgery or one of the hospitals. The purpose of the audits are to check if certain standards are being met, and if they're not to find out why and suggest changes to practise to ensure those standards are met (these standards are generally set by NICE or the CNST). Clinical audit is something that Doctors and other healthcare professionals do a lot to ensure high levels of care. The medical school get us to do one so that we have a good idea about the whole thing before we go out in to the work place.

Intercalated degrees generally occur after completion of the fourth year. At the UEA you can do either an MClinEd (teaching) or MSc (research). I think you can do intercalated BSc's but you would have to go to a different university to complete the intercalated year.

Cheers! :smile:
Anyone else have an interview tomorrow morning? :smile:
Reply 986
Does UEA have a medsoc where they have their own football, rugby and other teams?
Original post by sgnayar1

Original post by sgnayar1
Does UEA have a medsoc where they have their own football, rugby and other teams?

Yes. At the moment they just have football, rugby, mixed hockey and netball, although there may be others.
Reply 988
Could someone please help me understand how the questions work? I'm aware that you get to read the question before you enter the room. But is there a waiting room for each station? Also, do you get asked the question again by the interviewer, or are you just expected to sit down and answer for 5 mins, like St. George's?
Original post by sounv001
Could someone please help me understand how the questions work? I'm aware that you get to read the question before you enter the room. But is there a waiting room for each station? Also, do you get asked the question again by the interviewer, or are you just expected to sit down and answer for 5 mins, like St. George's?

Theres no waiting room, just a chair with the laminated sheet with question on on the seat outside the room, when the times up you go in and they will ask you the question on your laminated sheet, then if you finish talking they will ask you another question :smile:
Does anyone know if UEA looks at the rest of the application after interview in order to make decisions for the offers? Or will they only look at your interview performance? :smile:
Reply 991
I really want an offer from UEA! Insha'Allah I can get it. I wish you all the best people.
Reply 992
Original post by H.R
I really want an offer from UEA! Insha'Allah I can get it. I wish you all the best people.

Same here bro Inshallah we both get one I dont even care from where
Does anyone know when the A104 applicants will start hearing from UEA? It just feels like they're neglecting us lol :redface:
Original post by Ally312
Does anyone know when the A104 applicants will start hearing from UEA? It just feels like they're neglecting us lol :redface:

I'm hoping soon! It seems like we've been waiting forever!
Original post by Lucy.s2011
I'm hoping soon! It seems like we've been waiting forever!

I know! Have you heard from anywhere else? :smile:
Reply 996
Just something I saw on the UEA memes facebook :smile:

Edit: Not sure if the picture shows up? If not try this link https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=207112689386653&set=a.206069159491006.42237.206053486159240&type=1&theater
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 997
Original post by jessplease
Theres no waiting room, just a chair with the laminated sheet with question on on the seat outside the room, when the times up you go in and they will ask you the question on your laminated sheet, then if you finish talking they will ask you another question :smile:

Thank you! I'm feeling extremely nervous and I hope that most of the interviewers are friendly.
Reply 998
Just a few more weeks to go until offers guys! so nervous!
Does anyone know if UEA looks at the rest of the application after interview in order to make decisions for the offers? Or will they only look at your interview performance? :smile:

i believe that the decision is made based on your interview alone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending