The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich Medical School) Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by salad_fingers
Ah right okay I thought it was until 8pm thanks :smile:

yep, no letter at home, maybe we are borderline and now they're looking at UKCAT or something which will be pretty tragic as mine is average

i've heard once you've got an interview,its based solely on the interview, so i wouldnt worry too much about ukcat :smile: also,out of interestt how did you think your interview went?
Original post by jessplease
i've heard once you've got an interview,its based solely on the interview, so i wouldnt worry too much about ukcat :smile: also,out of interestt how did you think your interview went?

I think they use it if people get the same score at interview and they need a decider though D:

Not too sure to be honest, not overly great, I may be being a bit pessimistic though - a couple questions went really well which is good, but a couple were not great haha. OH THE THINGS I SHOULD HAVE SAID.
(edited 12 years ago)

really? where'd you here that? hmm.. i dont know how i feel about that :P some of my interview went well, i'd say 65% and then the rest was a bit dodgy.. it was the way the interviewers asked the questions in those cases.. one guy wouldn't let me talk about what i wanted and kept asking me off topic awkward questions. But then one guy who did an empathy questions was so into my answer and smile franticly at me :P
I think they use it if people get the same score at interview and they need a decider though D:

Not too sure to be honest, not overly great but there was a part of me that thought it wasn't too bad - a couple questions went really well but a couple were pretty bad haha. OH THE THINGS I SHOULD HAVE SAID.

my UKCAT is average too.. a value of 627.5 on average.. the whole score was dragged down by one of the sections! i got 680 on the maths one..
Its such a stupid test of intelligence.. I'd like to see all the doctors try it..
Whats yours?
Original post by shanniejane
my UKCAT is average too.. a value of 627.5 on average.. the whole score was dragged down by one of the sections! i got 680 on the maths one..
Its such a stupid test of intelligence.. I'd like to see all the doctors try it..
Whats yours?

617.5 :frown: yeah it's so lame, surely there must be a better way to discriminate between people than that rubbish
617.5 :frown: yeah it's so lame, surely there must be a better way to discriminate between people than that rubbish

Don't worry, thats barely lower than mine :smile:
besides im sure your college referee didnt send your personal statement of with an error in it like mine did :wink: if thats the reason i get rejected that man is going to be in a world of pain caused by my mum! :P

Mine's pretty good tbh (692.5) but I agree its so stupid, my sections varied so much, like 610-780, it's a stupid test that I think just depends what questions you get! :L
Those who got rejections, did you get any specific reasons why? Or is it just a general "your application was not as strong as others"?
really? where'd you here that? hmm.. i dont know how i feel about that :P some of my interview went well, i'd say 65% and then the rest was a bit dodgy.. it was the way the interviewers asked the questions in those cases.. one guy wouldn't let me talk about what i wanted and kept asking me off topic awkward questions. But then one guy who did an empathy questions was so into my answer and smile franticly at me :P

On the website it said its only used in the mix of academic stuff, but i guess it is possible that they'd use it! My empathy question went well too! like majority of them i thought went really well, i know there was one that he kept repeating the question as if i wasnt answering it, and the other where i was incorrect on some thingss but hmmm.

Whats yours?

I got 650, i really hope they don't compare through that, because its hardly a test of how good at being a doctor we'll be!
On the website it said its only used in the mix of academic stuff, but i guess it is possible that they'd use it! My empathy question went well too! like majority of them i thought went really well, i know there was one that he kept repeating the question as if i wasnt answering it, and the other where i was incorrect on some thingss but hmmm.

I got 650, i really hope they don't compare through that, because its hardly a test of how good at being a doctor we'll be!

What about your predicted grades? I'm predicted AAAA* and i thought that would be pretty good but apparently doesn't mean much these days :P
Reply 1590
Ohhh boy....I don't think we should be discussing interview questions here...we're still not out of the waters yet because I thought I remembered someone saying they had an interview in april? Don't quote me on it but just be cautious people.:biggrin:
What about your predicted grades? I'm predicted AAAA* and i thought that would be pretty good but apparently doesn't mean much these days :P

Oh wow you're doing 4 a levels, go you :smile: um well i got AABB at as, which i thought would make things difficult, but i got predicted A*A*A, so was pretty happy with that :biggrin:
Original post by priya90
Ohhh boy....I don't think we should be discussing interview questions here...we're still not out of the waters yet because I thought I remembered someone saying they had an interview in april? Don't quote me on it but just be cautious people.:biggrin:

Yes, right you are! But i was trying not to discuss too much.. its just so hard.. wanting to know where you stand..

sorry UEA! hehe :smile:
Oh wow you're doing 4 a levels, go you :smile: um well i got AABB at as, which i thought would make things difficult, but i got predicted A*A*A, so was pretty happy with that :biggrin:

way to go! well, we both seem good on that front and our UKCAT scores are pretty decent.. what more do they want?! :P
way to go! well, we both seem good on that front and our UKCAT scores are pretty decent.. what more do they want?! :P

To bend us over a desk
To bend us over a desk

saladfingers! :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 1596
Yes, right you are! But i was trying not to discuss too much.. its just so hard.. wanting to know where you stand..

sorry UEA! hehe :smile:

Oh I know how you feel! arghhh the anticipation!!! It's eating me aliiiveee!
Reply 1597
Original post by handsome7654
Anybody who got a rejection letter on saturday, have your ucas track been updated??

Mine updates at 4.30 pm - that was after I sent an email to UEA asking them to release my application and not to send it to the Science Faculty. I Loved UEA but I don't want to look at a science course there - yet.
So, yeah, it now reads "unsuccessful" for UEA. on track:frown:
Reply 1598
Original post by feverdream
I was thinking the same.

Well, if we both firm UEA... you know where I am! :tongue:

Got an offer from Barts yesterday so I can carry on living in the house I'm in at the moment. Problem solved! Good luck !
Just rung uea and they said that they're still doing paperwork and processing things so will know before end of the week, this is so long :frown: only 3 days till post offer day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending