The Student Room Group

Things you hate in the gym?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TheGrandmaster
Don't go and see a basketball game, brah, you'd hate it.

that awkward moment when someone uses the word 'brah'
Original post by eaasy
that awkward moment when someone uses the word 'brah'

That awkward moment when someone is so mentally deficient they prefix all their statements with 'that awkward moment when' because they are incapable of having an original thought.
(edited 11 years ago)
The exercise machines and weights.
People who think they are great because they know how to swing a 30kg dumbell about instead of actually 'curl' it :P
Original post by TheGrandmaster
That awkward moment when someone is so mentally deficient they use the prefix all their statements with 'that awkward moment when' because they are incapable of having an original thought.

Well done sir

If only I could +rep
Reply 85
People who use the 'Powerplate'.
Original post by RubberDinghy Rapid
Well done sir

If only I could +rep

Awww thanks :smile:
Quarter squatters. Quarter benchers. People who exclusively use the smith machine. People who think you're a weak fvck when it's your deload week.
Reply 88
People who slam their weights down because they think they're beast. FYI, you look like a dick.
Reply 89
People who do like 30 reps repeatedly. People who have their spotter literally do half the work.
Original post by placebo24
People who slam their weights down because they think they're beast. FYI, you look like a dick.

What if a beast slams their weights down :holmes:?
Reply 91
Original post by Cast.Iron
What if a beast slams their weights down :holmes:?

Still look like a dick.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 92
People who give you looks cause they have better mass than you and then don't look suitably ashamed when you outdo them weightwise cause you aren't an anabolic junky.
Reply 93
skinny little boys giving me advice, im like, mate?
seeing new people come in and do bicep curls all day everyday!
Original post by placebo24

ever deadlifted heavy, boy?
Reply 95
That momentary panic when someone takes the equipment you were going for and you are forced to make a snap judgement about your change of course.
Reply 96
Haters

''Are you here to hate or are you here to lift some ****ing weights?''
I hate it when the gym is really busy. Our gym is in the middle of the suburbs and at like 5 o'clock (I got after school) it fills up with golf mums (soccer mums) who have taken their kids to tennis class or wtv. They stand around on the tread mills or bikes, which means I can't use them. Or even worse, they take up all the space in the jacuzzi's after I've done a hard workout and just want to relax for 20 mins
Original post by amateur_soldier
I hate it when the gym is really busy. Our gym is in the middle of the suburbs and at like 5 o'clock (I got after school) it fills up with golf mums (soccer mums) who have taken their kids to tennis class or wtv. They stand around on the tread mills or bikes, which means I can't use them. Or even worse, they take up all the space in the jacuzzi's after I've done a hard workout and just want to relax for 20 mins

That gym sounds so beta.
Reply 99
What about the New Year resolutions

Gym packed with people that don't know what they are doing for several weeks, then it dissipates, to happen again next January.

Quick Reply

Latest