The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Has anyone filled out the online forms for accommodation? Is the personal ID they ask for the UCAS application number? I'm getting all mixed up and no one seems able to give me a quick answer!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by z0tx
Has anyone filled out the online forms for accommodation? Is the personal ID they ask for the UCAS application number? I'm getting all mixed up and no one seems able to give me a quick answer!

Rebeccap suggested this for the number needed when setting up direct debit:
Original post by rebeccap
It's your "unique pin" i think they call it, it's on the top of all the emails that Durham sends, and possibly letters too.

I don't know if that's the same as the student ID number that will be printed on your Campus Card when you get to Durham, and I don't know if that's the same thing as anything UCAS has used.
hey, do people at john snow know where they're living yet? and if so, what to do if you have an issue with the room you've been allocated without sounding like a complete diva? any help would be appreciated :smile: xxx
Original post by charlirosem
hey, do people at john snow know where they're living yet? and if so, what to do if you have an issue with the room you've been allocated without sounding like a complete diva? any help would be appreciated :smile: xxx

The best thing to do would be to contact the accommodation office and let them know :smile: I'm sure they'd understand.
Original post by Awoodrow2
Rebeccap suggested this for the number needed when setting up direct debit:

I don't know if that's the same as the student ID number that will be printed on your Campus Card when you get to Durham, and I don't know if that's the same thing as anything UCAS has used.

what if i may have accidentally put the wrong number on that form?
Original post by lordromanov
what if i may have accidentally put the wrong number on that form?

I don't know; hopefully they'll have measures to notice if an incorrect or duplicate number has appeared, and they'll contact you. Otherwise, if you're worried, try calling someone.
Reply 146
Is anybody else feeling really very stressed about the whole thing right now? :redface:
All the form filling, trying to find out what we have to do and when, getting everything we need to take, bank accounts, insurance etc. etc. I can't wait until i'm there and everything is sorted. :tongue:
Cannot believe I was previously looking forward to this part haha.
Original post by Awoodrow2
I don't know; hopefully they'll have measures to notice if an incorrect or duplicate number has appeared, and they'll contact you. Otherwise, if you're worried, try calling someone.

I gave my name on that certain letter anyway so you'd think they'd be able to work it out from there anyway.
Original post by Antifazian
Is anybody else feeling really very stressed about the whole thing right now? :redface:
All the form filling, trying to find out what we have to do and when, getting everything we need to take, bank accounts, insurance etc. etc. I can't wait until i'm there and everything is sorted. :tongue:
Cannot believe I was previously looking forward to this part haha.

Yes! And every time I fill in a form I'm convinced I have done it wrong! :frown:
But should be great once we're there :biggrin:
Reply 149
Hello guys!
PhD>October>Chemistry Department> Colingwood
Looking for a new really friendly and positive friends :smile:
Hello

Chemistry@Trevelyan
Hi all. I've been waiting to post properly on this thread for weeks, but I hadn't been allocated a college yet so couldn't give much info :smile:

PhD in Cell Biology @ Hatfield.
Reply 152
Is black tie the most formal as dress codes come in Durham? Would it go up to white tie at any time? Cause it will be a bit expensive if everyone's getting tailored tails x.x

Btw, MChem at Grey :smile:
Original post by Gilbird
Is black tie the most formal as dress codes come in Durham? Would it go up to white tie at any time? Cause it will be a bit expensive if everyone's getting tailored tails x.x

Btw, MChem at Grey :smile:

I think maybe once I saw a large group of very formally dressed people (assorted ages) outside the DSU, but I've never heard of a student event with white tie dress code.
Reply 154
Castle June ball is white tie but that is the only one I know of and for that almost everyone rents it anyway.
Original post by LukethePianoMan

Original post by LukethePianoMan
I'm a fresher and I can't log into it either, how did you log into it last year?

I can't remember, sorry :frown: I don't remember having any trouble getting on to it though...
Reply 156
Hi everyone : )

I just wanted to hop in and mention that the Fresher's Fair is on the 4th (Tuesday) and 5th (Wednesday) of October this year.
If you're a bit shy but keen to make new friends please do sign up for the Happiness Society! We'll have candy.
http://happydurham.tumblr.com/
Original post by Zenobia
Hi everyone : )

I just wanted to hop in and mention that the Fresher's Fair is on the 4th (Tuesday) and 5th (Wednesday) of October this year.
If you're a bit shy but keen to make new friends please do sign up for the Happiness Society! We'll have candy.
http://happydurham.tumblr.com/

Got to admit that I just read your website from time to time - really like the idea of your society. :smile:

And I'll be at the Freshers Fair on Wednesday with the Conservation Volunteers Society - really hoping to build up the group this year, since it's had a couple of years previously with some lazy exec members. We're also on Facebook now. :redface:
Reply 158
I'll come check it out : ) I am there on Tuesday for the Classics Society and Wednesday for the Happiness Society.
I can't make Freshers Fair :frown: I have departmental induction all day Tuesday and Wednesday AM, and then matriculation PM. Sucks. I do know what socs I wanna join though, so I might just have to contact them individually.

Quick Reply

Latest