The Student Room Group

What GCSE results do you consider to be good?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by master y
i think someone's jealous....

Jealous of what?
Reply 81
Original post by lassiesuca
It's not German Psychology :wink:. I'm undecided between German and Psychology- I'm back to school next Friday and still have no ideaaaa!

Hmm well inbox me if you like n i could try help you out?

Original post by kingjulien
Did you do edexcel arabic gcse?

Yup i think it was edexcel why?

Original post by mashman9
You set up this thread to show how 'intelligent' you are and big yourself up...

Gcse's arent a sign of intelligence, there a sign of how hard you work...

A levels is when you need natural ability to succeed.

Im sorry i just answered a question when someone asked if that is such a "pain" then why are you even reading this.

Original post by master y
i think someone's jealous....

And yeah that may be another possibility why masman9 (what a superb name) is hating on this thread
Reply 82
Original post by N_young
Mr. "Smug university Grad" i am one of the ppl that is bad at english, for the simple reason that it is my 4th Language, and thus i find it sometimes a bit more difficult.
Well obviously that is quite a valid excuse. Sorry if you got the impression that I'd disagree.
Reply 83
Original post by N_young
Hmm well inbox me if you like n i could try help you out?

Yup i think it was edexcel why?

Im sorry i just answered a question when someone asked if that is such a "pain" then why are you even reading this.

And yeah that may be another possibility why masman9 (what a superb name) is hating on this thread

It is a superb name your night, i apologise for hating on your thread, i was mearly making the point that gcses are not worth stressing about as long as you get what you as an individual requires to proceed to the next step of your education....A levels is when ot gets serious.
Reply 84
For me, an A* in chemistry and maths, A in biology, and then the rest As and Bs would be good for me :smile:
Original post by Astronomical
Once you start A-levels you will wonder how you didn't get full marks on every GCSE exam!

Well with complete respect, I don't think that is a valid point. Many people do way better than they have in their GCSEs. For instance, This Guy got 3A's only in GCSE and ended up doing extremely well leading him into Oxford.
Original post by Sufian_TRP
Well with complete respect, I don't think that is a valid point. Many people do way better than they have in their GCSEs. For instance, This Guy got 3A's only in GCSE and ended up doing extremely well leading him into Oxford.

That is my point exactly - I bet that guy is astounded he only got 3As in hindsight.
Reply 87
Original post by mashman9
It is a superb name your night, i apologise for hating on your thread, i was mearly making the point that gcses are not worth stressing about as long as you get what you as an individual requires to proceed to the next step of your education....A levels is when ot gets serious.

Okay soz man i think i may have been a bit harsh too, i agree that A levels are much harder, thats the point why you take 3-4 in extreme cases 5 A-levels but some VERY talented ppl mange to do a full 19 GCSEs on A*s (im not making this up, quoting a girl's amazing sister)

Original post by AmyLH
For me, an A* in chemistry and maths, A in biology, and then the rest As and Bs would be good for me :smile:

Good luck with that :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by N_young
Good luck with that :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Good: A* to A
Acceptable: B
You only just scraped the cut: C

Anyone who gets less than a C in a GCSE without an underlying issue, quite frankly didn't put the effort in.
In this day and age, results should be available online! My friend says he gets his on school email too though :frown:
Reply 91
Original post by TheBritishBloke
Good: A* to A
Acceptable: B
You only just scraped the cut: C

Anyone who gets less than a C in a GCSE without an underlying issue, quite frankly didn't put the effort in.

Agree with that and nice quote from Albert Einstein :smile:

Original post by alizasauras
In this day and age, results should be available online! My friend says he gets his on school email too though :frown:

Agree with the online stuff, Sufian_TRP and I have found out that it is available in many countries include 3rd world ones such as Lebanon, countries such as Iraq and also Czech Rep. (and has been available online for last 15years atleast) so Britain move your backside and let us get results online rather than having to run to our old schools, and then to our new colleges
Reply 92
Original post by alizasauras

(btw loving the cow :smile: MOOOOOOO :biggrin:
No GCSE results are good, no one cares about damn GCSEs. As long as you get a C or above, no one will take notice.

Getting grades to get into college is the only thing that matters, and that isn't that hard. Employers don't look at GCSEs if you've done A-Levels (or a similar qualification).
Reply 94
All A*'s with maybe 1 or 2 A's: any lower and I would NOT be happy..

i've been told i'm a very "hard to please" person
Original post by N_young
(btw loving the cow :smile: MOOOOOOO :biggrin:

Hehe thanks

(mooooo to you too :tongue:)
Reply 96
Original post by DarylDonnes
No GCSE results are good, no one cares about damn GCSEs. As long as you get a C or above, no one will take notice.

Getting grades to get into college is the only thing that matters, and that isn't that hard. Employers don't look at GCSEs if you've done A-Levels (or a similar qualification).

*COUGH* *COUGH* Universities such as Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, and OTHER TOP UNIS DO look at your GCSE results, so unless you want to be a plumber I suggest you hope for good grades or if you have time until GCSEs move your lazy backside. Best of luck
Reply 97
Original post by tr3sbelle
All A*'s with maybe 1 or 2 A's: any lower and I would NOT be happy..

i've been told i'm a very "hard to please" person

Tres Belle hahah c'est toujours la meme chose avec les files. Bonne chance mademoiselle :smile:
Original post by N_young
*COUGH* *COUGH* Universities such as Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, and OTHER TOP UNIS DO look at your GCSE results, so unless you want to be a plumber I suggest you hope for good grades or if you have time until GCSEs move your lazy backside. Best of luck

Actually they generally just want a decent grounding in subjects. They won't care if you have 19A*s if your AS levels are CCCC. Nor does it matter the quantity of GCSEs, many universities choose to look at your top 9 for example. The guy in here harping on about how much of a difference it makes, its all nonsense really, yes universities will no doubt want you to have done well and 19 GCSEs might be a talking point, but they won't be preferable over someone with 10 of the same level because many students WOULD come out with fantastic grades but are not given the opportunity to do so many.
Original post by N_young
Agree with that and nice quote from Albert Einstein :smile:

Thanks :smile: I presumed that people don't see it, because I guessed they all had signatures disabled like me xD

Quick Reply

Latest