The Student Room Group

King's College London Medicine Applicants 2012

Poll

UKCAT Score?

So, who's applying!

Please also update the medicine stalking page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2012_Entry regarding your qualifications and interview dates. Rep to dragon_knight

Thanks!
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Me :hi:
Reply 2
Am I the only one doing all 4 London?
Reply 3
Original post by kingcoltzan

Hey fellow king's applicants!
Woww, really, which 4... ?
lemme guess :tongue:
King's, imperial, UCL and barts ?
Reply 4
Original post by Cleoleo
Hey fellow king's applicants!
Woww, really, which 4... ?
lemme guess :tongue:
King's, imperial, UCL and barts ?

Good guess. When I tell people my choices, thats the first thing they say - "what all london?"

My thinking was simple, I liked those 4 and they all happened to be in London, a city I love :colondollar:
Reply 5
Good guess. When I tell people my choices, thats the first thing they say - "what all london?"

My thinking was simple, I liked those 4 and they all happened to be in London, a city I love :colondollar:

Ahhh london is amazingg :wink: and you're not odd for picking 4 in London, I know others with the same exact choices as you :tongue:
Reply 6
Only down side.... living expenses, housing is so ridiculously expensive and tiny. Living at home is looking more and more likely seeing as its less than an hour commute for me to most bits of London
Reply 7
Most probably applying :hi:
Reply 8
yeh i was thinking of applying, but that depends entirely on my ukcat score. does anyone have any idea about what Kings have as their cut off point, i know its pretty high, but im not sure what it is exactly. tbh, i really dont know where i will apply, i was thinking birmingham as well, since i have the a*s they want, but as to the other few, i really don't know. any advice?
I'm probably applying, King's looks so good! :biggrin:
good luck to all applying - happy to help you / answer any q's...im starting GKT in less than a month (Y)
Reply 11
Hatters gona hate.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12

Just did my UKCAT - 715 - this ok for KCL I assume combined with 11A* 1A ?

That should definitely be okay.

My UKCAT is a fair bit lower, I'm just gonna hope it's fine :emo:
Just did my UKCAT - 715 - this ok for KCL I assume combined with 11A* 1A ?

pretty much what i had and i got a very early interview. you're guaranteed an interview...expect it early on (i.e. november time !)
Original post by oHellno
That should definitely be okay.

My UKCAT is a fair bit lower, I'm just gonna hope it's fine :emo:

What were your GCSEs + ukcat if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Singh993
pretty much what i had and i got a very early interview. you're guaranteed an interview...expect it early on (i.e. november time !)

Don't they ask for AS levels surely that makes more sense?:s-smilie:
Original post by schoolkid
Don't they ask for AS levels surely that makes more sense?:s-smilie:

nope to select for interview kings use a sliding scale regarding GCSE A*'s and UKCAT average...i.e. a high number of A*'s will compensate for a lower UKCAT average.

Generally speaking, and very much so generally speaking, 9/10 A*'s or more OR a 700+ average should pretty much guarantee you an interview..

Having said this I knew some people who got a GKT interview who don't fall into either category which would suggest the selection procedure is more thorough than just this e.g. It seems personal statement does carry some weight...

my friend had only 5 A* at GCSE and a UKCAT avg of around 670 but his statement was very good (confirmed by one of the medicine people at college who read through our statements and gave advice etc ) and he got an interview late on in the cycle.

And, ofc, let us not forget the interview is mega important at GKT...around 50-60% success rate post-interview so getting an interview by no means guarantees an offer!
Reply 17

i am ridiculously tempted to do King's, Georges, Barts and then maybe leicester or somewhere else :tongue: so i'm almost the same!

what do you reckon my chances are? :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

I'm applying to all London unis too :biggrin:. King's, UCL, Imperial and George's methinks.
Reply 19
Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh
What were your GCSEs + ukcat if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

GCSEs: 9A*s
UKCAT: 692.5

Just hope it's enough for King's!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending