The Student Room Group

Quiet guys - how to approach you?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Deyesy
Does he have facebook? O.o

Not so far as I can tell, unless he's used a fake name. Bit strange, isn't it? I mean, I've deleted my Facebook so I can't really talk, but no phone?? I should have asked why not, but it sort of took me by surprise. Maybe his parents have weird rules or they're really strict or something...?
Reply 181
Original post by Anonymous
Not so far as I can tell, unless he's used a fake name. Bit strange, isn't it? I mean, I've deleted my Facebook so I can't really talk, but no phone?? I should have asked why not, but it sort of took me by surprise. Maybe his parents have weird rules or they're really strict or something...?

It is abit bizarre he doesn't a phone especially at your age and in 2011 :s-smilie: If they were that type of parents, you'd of thought he'd have a phone 'for emergencies only' O.o I guess you could ask for his home phone number?
Reply 182
Original post by Deyesy
It is abit bizarre he doesn't a phone especially at your age and in 2011 :s-smilie: If they were that type of parents, you'd of thought he'd have a phone 'for emergencies only' O.o I guess you could ask for his home phone number?

Well they do seem like they could be "overprotective" - I've twice seen him get picked up in a minivan with both parents in the front seats and he's gotten in the back. ...Which probably doesn't mean much. Maybe he does have a phone for emergencies only, in which case it'd be embarrassing to say "Yeah, but I can only use it to call my parents."??
Reply 183
Well they do seem like they could be "overprotective" - I've twice seen him get picked up in a minivan with both parents in the front seats and he's gotten in the back. ...Which probably doesn't mean much. Maybe he does have a phone for emergencies only, in which case it'd be embarrassing to say "Yeah, but I can only use it to call my parents."??

Well there'll only be two seats in the front, so he can only get in the back :')

Just ask him for his home number then? :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by Deyesy
Well there'll only be two seats in the front, so he can only get in the back :')

Just ask him for his home number then? :smile:

Ah right that sounded a bit daft. I meant, most teenagers sit in the front seat (or drive) - but anyway yeah, I'll try that :redface:
Reply 185
Ah right that sounded a bit daft. I meant, most teenagers sit in the front seat (or drive) - but anyway yeah, I'll try that :redface:

Just don't give up :smile: You hear too many stories of people regretting not saying anything at all. I have to applaud your perseverance so far though :tongue:
Reply 186
Original post by Deyesy
Just don't give up :smile: You hear too many stories of people regretting not saying anything at all. I have to applaud your perseverance so far though :tongue:

It's thanks to you lot, honestly. I did give up on him, a week or so ago, and then I read all the responses on this thread and decided to give it another go. So thanks, I really mean it : )
Reply 187
It's thanks to you lot, honestly. I did give up on him, a week or so ago, and then I read all the responses on this thread and decided to give it another go. So thanks, I really mean it : )

He best start opening up then :biggrin: If something happens it will literally be the CUTEST thing ever - apart from the turtle giving the kitten a piggy back on the camera advert :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXGpjBvR2G4 - 14 seconds in :')
Reply 188
Original post by Deyesy
He best start opening up then :biggrin: If something happens it will literally be the CUTEST thing ever - apart from the turtle giving the kitten a piggy back on the camera advert :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXGpjBvR2G4 - 14 seconds in :')

Aw, you have an adorable sense of humor :tongue:
Reply 189
Aw, you have an adorable sense of humor :tongue:

Why thank you :smile: Not many people give me compliments :redface: You just need to say that type of thing to 'Thomas' now :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by Deyesy
Why thank you :smile: Not many people give me compliments :redface: You just need to say that type of thing to 'Thomas' now :smile:

Yeah, if he'd give me the chance...we'll see tomorrow :smile:
This is so cute, good luck OP!
Posting to stay updated. :3
OP, he doesn't have a phone? I doubt he's lying as he'd be putting himself in a tricky situation.

But it's got me thinking. Perhaps this is part and parcel of who he is. Him not having a phone and his parents picking him from school (he's 16!) might be a reflection of him and how his parents treat him - maybe he isn't allowed a girlfriend.

I doubt that's the case, just putting it out there. It makes it far trickier for you, him not having a phone.
Reply 193
Original post by qwerty_mad
OP, he doesn't have a phone? I doubt he's lying as he'd be putting himself in a tricky situation.

But it's got me thinking. Perhaps this is part and parcel of who he is. Him not having a phone and his parents picking him from school (he's 16!) might be a reflection of him and how his parents treat him - maybe he isn't allowed a girlfriend.

I doubt that's the case, just putting it out there. It makes it far trickier for you, him not having a phone.

Could be. And that's a good point - what if he's not allowed a girlfriend? :s-smilie:

Today was really weird. During the last few minutes of class, after everyone put their stuff away, all the boys at this one table were doing some arm wrestling game. The oldest (who's really nice and outgoing) tried to include Thomas and said he bet he couldn't beat this other boy in an arm wrestle. Well, he did try, and he won! I was so happy I laughed a little and clapped and as Thomas was coming back to his seat he smiled at me!

But the weird thing is I encountered him in the library during lunch and he totally ignored me. Like, glanced at me and then went right back to his maths...
A nice thread. That makes a change.

I think I used to act quite a lot like this guy. He's not used to attention from girls, so it's going to make him even more awkward around you. He does seem to be getting a little better, but I think it's going to take quite a while for him to get comfortable talking to you. It's nice to see that you haven't given up on him yet. Most people wouldn't have even tried.

The phone thing is pretty strange, though. I didn't know anybody that didn't have one at his age.
Could be. And that's a good point - what if he's not allowed a girlfriend? :s-smilie:

Today was really weird. During the last few minutes of class, after everyone put their stuff away, all the boys at this one table were doing some arm wrestling game. The oldest (who's really nice and outgoing) tried to include Thomas and said he bet he couldn't beat this other boy in an arm wrestle. Well, he did try, and he won! I was so happy I laughed a little and clapped and as Thomas was coming back to his seat he smiled at me!

But the weird thing is I encountered him in the library during lunch and he totally ignored me. Like, glanced at me and then went right back to his maths...

Bloody hell, this guy is so lucky - he's even got a cheerleader now. :biggrin:

As for the library incident, I don't think he will EVER approach you. The ascendancy still lies with you. You should have used that moment to chat to him especially if he was on his own.
What i've just realised is that we know nothing about Thomas! OP, what does this guy even look like!
I did read the thread through but only briefly, what signs has he shown that he does like you?
Reply 198
What i've just realised is that we know nothing about Thomas! OP, what does this guy even look like!

Well I've told you bits and pieces. He's average height, or a little under 6 foot, kind of wiry, straight blond hair and blue eyes. On the whole not bad at all :biggrin: Oh and he has nifty suede Adidas shoes with black socks - they were the first thing I noticed about him :colondollar:

I did read the thread through but only briefly, what signs has he shown that he does like you?

I dunno, not much really. Stopping in the hallway and turning when I walked past, watching me during art, smiling at me once or twice. Doesn't amount to much, does it :frown:
I dunno, not much really. Stopping in the hallway and turning when I walked past, watching me during art, smiling at me once or twice. Doesn't amount to much, does it :frown:

Hmm, i'm slightly shy myself (nowhere near his level of shyness though) but maybe a couple of years ago I've found myself acting like he does towards people I've liked.
It sounds like your only going to know for sure if you go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending