The Student Room Group

Quiet guys - how to approach you?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Rebeccah1of4
lol They are my sisters I'm a quadruplet so we all put 1 of 4 at the end of usernames etc. :smile: (only one of them has joined the student room though)

Simple but effective. I like it :biggrin:

And yeah OP. There's no going back now :smile:
Reply 381
Just get to know him better now. Since you know you both like each other. :awesome: ... It's your chance to get closer to him. And why can't he date without his parents knowing? People do that all the time. Hee hee. :wink:

The more you get to know him, I mean, it's like being unofficial bf/gf. And you'll know how to plant the idea of making it official in his head. Keep going. It feels like he really likes you, you just need to give him a little push. :P .. I think this is really heading in the right direction tbh. :h: KEEP GOING!

And this is really the most heart warming thread on this forum. You deserve an award for like persevering with him. Gold star. Hahaha.
Reply 382
Original post by Anonymous
I know, I ought to get more sleep. I'm working on it :redface:

Ah, I did...after art. He actually spoke to me during class, and once touched my arm and blushed when I looked up, so I decided it was almost certain. And I asked him to walk with me during lunch (which is right after art).

It went like this, pretty much - I asked him "You know those times you kept asking 'who did I mean'?" and he said yes, and ducked his head and didn't look at me, but I went on and said "I meant you."
He said yes, he knows.

...And that he's not allowed to date :frown:

That was awful of course, but he said it in an apologetic way, and I asked if he would at least want to be friends. He said yes!! He said "You're not upset, are you?"
And I said it's a bit disappointing, but "Do you like me at all?"
Well, this is the best bit :biggrin: He blushed crimson and said "Yes."

So, aha...he likes me, and isn't allowed to date. He tried running after he said he liked me, said he had to go to the attendance office (:rolleyes:) but I stopped him and gave him my number first for "whenever you get a phone".

Tomorrow I'll ask him to eat lunch with me. I guess...we'll just be friends, then. I didn't want to be rude and ask why he's not allowed to date, especially as I barely know him, but it is rather disappointing. We can be friends anyway, and obviously he's allowed out of the house :redface: It's not so bad...:frown:

(On a side note: HE SAID HE LIKES ME!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :grin::groovy::happy2:)

If he can get out of the house you can date can't you?
Reply 383
^Exactly. :wink:
Reply 384
Aaaaw, this is an extremely sweet thread (yes, i've spent the last hour reading this and aawing). OP i'm so glad you didn't give up! Anonymous15, most shy guys initially act like this, he's got to have some sort of interest if he gave you £2 and offered his notes!
Man, you can write a book about this.
Original post by JohnyTheLad

This would actually be awesome! :colondollar:
Reply 387

Let's not go overboard here :tongue:
Reply 388
Let's not go overboard here :tongue:

No, he's right. It's perfect book material :biggrin:
Reply 389
Original post by Deyesy
No, he's right. It's perfect book material :biggrin:

You confuse me...:cool:
Reply 390
You confuse me...:cool:

Good. Confusing is good :cool: How am I confusing though? O.o
Reply 391
so what happened today then OP?
Yes indeed, did you have lunch with Thomas?
How was it OP
Reply 394
Yes indeed, did you have lunch with Thomas?

Indeed I did :biggrin:

He's very, very, very shy! I ditched my friends for him so he wouldn't feel awkward, and we sat on a little bench together for a while. He barely spoke a word :redface: I asked if he'd like to walk around with me and he said yes, but we inevitably ran into someone and she talked plenty enough for the three of us so...oh! I might see him this weekend. Might.

So yeah...I reckon it's going to take a while to get him to open up :redface:
Reply 395
Original post by Deyesy
Good. Confusing is good :cool: How am I confusing though? O.o

You're so silly! Why would confusing be good? :tongue: And I don't know, I don't remember why I said that.
Reply 396
The ending to this story is so sad :frown: but this is far from the end of it OP, now that you know he likes you you just have to get to know him better and hope it leads to something. And I'm so happy for you that he said he likes you! :smile:

Anyway since you guys are all reading the thread, I kinda need help as well. Basically there's this girl that i'm kinda interested in, we've spoken properly only once but I've caught her smiling at me several times and she asked for my name...which i take to be a good sign. Anyways I would like to take things further with her but I don't wanna get 'friendzoned' nor do i wanna scare her off by asking her out too soon. What do i do?
Reply 397
You're so silly! Why would confusing be good? :tongue: And I don't know, I don't remember why I said that.

It makes me mysterious? :cool: And now you're the confusing one :tongue:
Reply 398
Heh, I have been frequently lurking in this thread for the past month now. It was kind of obvious from the start that this guy also likes you. It was just that getting over the extremely frustrating barrier for a shy guy to talk was the main problem.

I am impressed with how this girl has plucked up the courage to talk to this shy guy. I wish more girls were like you. :smile:

Even if you are not a official relationship, at least the both of you admitted you like each other. Really hope it works out at the end. Plus this gives you perfect time for the oth of you to get to know each other.

To any girls that are in a similar situation: Here’s some advice from a shy guy myself:

Even though it looks like us shy guys ignore the signals you keep giving, we do really really like you girls. You just need to make it far easier and less awkward for us to talk to you. Try and talk to us when you are by yourself. Smiling at us helps a bit too. Also you have KEEP trying, as you this may not work the first attempt. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

I actually have similar situation myself. There’s this girl at my University, who I REALLY, REALLY like, who studies nearly the same modules as me. Except, (yes you guessed it), I find it very difficult to talk to people, let alone to a girl I fancy.

She has smiled at me twice in one occasion, when we were alone in the same room after a lecture. And she has given me a quick glance twice when we are entering the same room. Not sure if those are definitive, signs, but it’s really driving me insane, and not a day goes by when I don’t think about her.

I could try and go up and talk to her, but she is very rarely alone and is always by herself. Problem is I am very shy and when she is around friends, it makes things very awkward.

How in the heck I am supposed to admit to her that I like her? I fear if I don’t make a move soon, she will lose interest. ;(
(edited 12 years ago)
Go 4 it slangman u have on shot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending