The Student Room Group

Quiet guys - how to approach you?!

Scroll to see replies

Also, given that I'm in Year 12, if I somehow did get into a relationship with the Year 13 girl, how would we stay together if she's going to Oxford...?
Reply 1181
Original post by Anonymous
Also, given that I'm in Year 12, if I somehow did get into a relationship with the Year 13 girl, how would we stay together if she's going to Oxford...?

LDR?
Original post by Deyesy
LDR?

How would that work? Honestly if it got to that then I might just tell her to find someone else, because I wouldn't want to keep her tied down or anything... anyway, I'm nowhere near that stage.
Reply 1183
How would that work? Honestly if it got to that then I might just tell her to find someone else, because I wouldn't want to keep her tied down or anything... anyway, I'm nowhere near that stage.

Well you asked, I gave you the answer? How would it work? Skype? You'd meet up with each other maybe once a month? And no offence, if your words are 'I might aswell find someone else' then you're leading yourself down a dead-end?
Original post by Deyesy
Well you asked, I gave you the answer? How would it work? Skype? You'd meet up with each other maybe once a month? And no offence, if your words are 'I might aswell find someone else' then you're leading yourself down a dead-end?

No, I'm saying that if she only saw me once a month, I'm sure she'd get bored and if she would get bored then I'd want her to find someone else.
Reply 1185
No, I'm saying that if she only saw me once a month, I'm sure she'd get bored and if she would get bored then I'd want her to find someone else.

If she liked you, I'm pretty sure she'd want to meet up more than once a month...
Original post by Deyesy
If she liked you, I'm pretty sure she'd want to meet up more than once a month...

Well, I'll cross that road when I come to it. It's possible she could miss her Oxford offer and go to UCL and I may not have to worry about it at all.

Anyway, I do get the chance to see her on Monday. Well... I get to see her every day except for weekends and Wednesdays, so 4 days a week basically. I hope another opportunity like the one I mentioned pops up again.
Reply 1187
Well, I'll cross that road when I come to it. It's possible she could miss her Oxford offer and go to UCL and I may not have to worry about it at all.

Anyway, I do get the chance to see her on Monday. Well... I get to see her every day except for weekends and Wednesdays, so 4 days a week basically. I hope another opportunity like the one I mentioned pops up again.

Oxford to London isn't exactly the biggest distance in the world either... :s-smilie:
How would I go about finding out if she has a boyfriend? I know a male friend of hers, should I ask him?
Reply 1189
How would I go about finding out if she has a boyfriend? I know a male friend of hers, should I ask him?

It depends on what the guy is like. If he's one you think may blurt it out to others, I wouldn't. If you can trust him to keep it a secret (assuming that is what you want), ask him by all means. No doubt, it will help a lot knowing.
Original post by Hey TSR
It depends on what the guy is like. If he's one you think may blurt it out to others, I wouldn't. If you can trust him to keep it a secret (assuming that is what you want), ask him by all means. No doubt, it will help a lot knowing.

I'm not sure. I don't know him that well, but he's the only person I know who knows her well enough to tell me about her.
Reply 1191
I'm not sure. I don't know him that well, but he's the only person I know who knows her well enough to tell me about her.

Tricky. Personally, I wouldn't.
Original post by Hey TSR
Tricky. Personally, I wouldn't.

Okay...

Is it possible that I can find a way for her to be attracted to me if she isn't physically attracted to me? I say this because I've been told by a few girls that I'm not very attractive (a bunch of girls were even playing truth or dare and one was dared to kiss me on the cheek, after which she said she was never doing that again because it was disgusting). Or is this something that is fundamentally important?
Reply 1193

Aaww, I'm genuinely so happy for you I'm smiling like an idiot!

Well, I'm in second year at uni and he was in one of my lectures last semester and this year, he's in a lecture AND a seminar with me :biggrin: he's so unbelievably cute and not just in a goodlooking way ( to me he is the most handsome guy ever to exist) but in the way he is. He is really, really shy and doesn't really have many friends, usually he's on his own but sometimes in the library he's with one or two people. He has this adorably dimply smile and when he does smile at me (rarely and briefly) he always ducks his head but that just makes my heart stop everytime. He seems really thoughtful because he's always daydreaming away- we barely interact but a few days back I was in the library trying to get a book out but my fines exceeded the maximum amount and I didn't have any change on me, I turned to leave to put the book back and this guy (him) just silently held out a £2 coin! Litterally wordlessly, I awkwardly took it, said thanks and he did the cute dimply smile, head duck thing and nodded before leaving the library. I wanted to say something but he left so quick and my friends were standing a short distance away :frown:

He does stare a lot, but I think that might be my brain tricking me or he's looking because I'M looking :frown:

But I will see him in the seminar tommorow and I think i'll sit next to him, give his £2 back and try and start a convo :colondollar: so bloody scary!!

ahhhhh thats so cute!! :biggrin: how did you go on! this thread is making my heart pound for both convos going on everywhere! i am at uni and there arent really any guys in my class being art is very girl demoninated class :/ im hoping when i go for my 3rd year bahons i'll find a guy there maybe but gosh i hope i find someone like this!! ahhhhh
Okay so XXXXX is sitting with my friend PPPPP and I am hopefully going to speak to them, shame that two very flirty girls are speaking with them :angry:
Such a shame, I came back and they have disappeared somewhere, I asked one the girls and she had no idea. I saw him staring at me several times today, once when I was getting a smoothie at lunch and when I was speaking and leaving with a guy during my private study period. I just came back and they've gone.
Saw the Y13 girl today, got nothing.

Saw the Y12 girl today, she asked me a question about something, but when I replied she ignored it and started talking to her friend.

Yep... on to the next day.
Quiet guys don't get approached because they're shy and vulnerable. Women hate that, no matter much they deny it.
Reply 1198
Saw the Y13 girl today, got nothing.

Saw the Y12 girl today, she asked me a question about something, but when I replied she ignored it and started talking to her friend.

Yep... on to the next day.

She asked a question and as you were answering, she lost interest? :confused:
Original post by Hey TSR
She asked a question and as you were answering, she lost interest? :confused:

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending