The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I didn't get an acknowledgment when I sent of my UCAS.
But in the post today was an interview letter :smile: :smile:
The degree I applied for is run by the chemistry department.
Does anyone know what sort of questions I will be asked?
Is there a test? :eek:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 381
Neuroscience AAA-BBB
Not sure on accomodation!
Reply 382
Original post by zozzie94
I got an offer for joint honours chemistry with maths!! :biggrin: But i still have to go up to leeds for the chemistry open day thing...even though I've already seen the chem department...oh well :biggrin:
Leeds would make my perfect insurance choice aaahhh exciting stuff

Hey!! I've applied to that as well. I was just reading through this thread! And I know this was from ages ago but I was wondering .. did you have an interview before you got the offer and what was the offer? :smile:
thanks
Original post by Dangermoose
Thought I'd make a new thread for this, seeing as there isn't already one :h:

For everyone applying for 2012 entry or deterring to a 2013 entry.

Name your course, required grades, predicted grades, desire accommodation and chatter away! :smile:

For me its Graphic and Communication Design. I need BBB and I'm predicted AAB. Clarence Dock looks nice.

Awesome! So jealous of the grades you need, I love Leeds but mine are quite a bit higher :/

My course is English Language & Literature, I need AAB and I'm predicted AAB. I would LOVE Charles Morris, but I think I have to go with Self Catered so Clarence Dock or Henry Price is my next choice :smile:, I'm thinking it'd be better to be on-campus but I'll see..

Weird tho that quite a few didn't get acknowledgements: I did like last week for my course, still waiting for an offer (if I get one), but I guess different departments and all that..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AJCSShp
I didn't get an acknowledgment when I sent of my UCAS.
But in the post today was an interview letter :smile: :smile:
The degree I applied for is run by the chemistry department.
Does anyone know what sort of questions I will be asked?
Is there a test? :eek:

I can't tell you for sure, but most likely Qs will be based from your personal statement!
Reply 385
Original post by goussberry
I can't tell you for sure, but most likely Qs will be based from your personal statement!

Okay. Thank you:biggrin:.. now I have to read those books! Do you think they will ask me to solve a chemistry problem? :smile:
Original post by AJCSShp
Okay. Thank you:biggrin:.. now I have to read those books! Do you think they will ask me to solve a chemistry problem? :smile:

Hahah yeah that's why I'm dreading being given an interview, just because I've only read like half of each the books I mentioned hahaha. And I would definitely be prepared for that kind of Q
Reply 387
Just got my Leeds pack :biggrin:! have to check when the open day is :smile: and my A2L offer should be coming soon on Track :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by AJCSShp
Hey!! I've applied to that as well. I was just reading through this thread! And I know this was from ages ago but I was wondering .. did you have an interview before you got the offer and what was the offer? :smile:
thanks

Oh awesome :smile: Yeah I had an informal interview, but the letter I got said I already had the offer but to confirm it i had to go up to leeds, but the interview was so hilarious, it was basically just a really informal chat! And I got the offer on ucas of AAB two days later.
Reply 389
Oh awesome :smile: Yeah I had an informal interview, but the letter I got said I already had the offer but to confirm it i had to go up to leeds, but the interview was so hilarious, it was basically just a really informal chat! And I got the offer on ucas of AAB two days later.

Ahh, okay thank you! My letter said they were offering me a place, that I HAD to go to the interview to get the place. Then the letter went on to say why they interviewed! You've really reassured me! I'm not that nervous anymore :smile:
Reply 390
Original post by AJCSShp
Ahh, okay thank you! My letter said they were offering me a place, that I HAD to go to the interview to get the place. Then the letter went on to say why they interviewed! You've really reassured me! I'm not that nervous anymore :smile:

haha no do not be nervous!! I was nervous because that week I had a UCL interview and the leeds one but leeds was so informal and dw we already have offers! And now I have an offer from UCL too! Where else are you applying and for which subjects? haha also for the leeds open day i had an amazingly good looking tour guide...always helps :wink:
Reply 391
OFFER - Politics, Conditional, AAB, Sent 20th Oct and recieved the offer 23rd November! Leeds i 100% my firm!
Reply 392
haha no do not be nervous!! I was nervous because that week I had a UCL interview and the leeds one but leeds was so informal and dw we already have offers! And now I have an offer from UCL too! Where else are you applying and for which subjects? haha also for the leeds open day i had an amazingly good looking tour guide...always helps :wink:

I was a bit worried that if I did really badly in the interview, they might take my offer away! It is just nerves, I know I will be fine (I'm always like this!) I've applied for Natural Science at Notts, Durham and Lancaster. And Chemistry and Maths at Keele Leeds was my first reply/ offer so that's why I'm worried :smile:

I didn't go to the Leeds Open day...my dad wanted to leave at 7.30 in the morning! And I had a hangover, but I've been to leeds before and I liked the city so that isn't a problem :smile:
Reply 393
I got an email today saying that I've been accepted on to the A2L scheme. Fingers crossed for an offer now! :smile:
Any French offers yet?
Reply 395
Original post by StitchMad
I got an email today saying that I've been accepted on to the A2L scheme. Fingers crossed for an offer now! :smile:

Congratz! I actually got an offer now I'm waiting on A2L to reply :redface:
Reply 396
Original post by AJCSShp
I was a bit worried that if I did really badly in the interview, they might take my offer away! It is just nerves, I know I will be fine (I'm always like this!) I've applied for Natural Science at Notts, Durham and Lancaster. And Chemistry and Maths at Keele Leeds was my first reply/ offer so that's why I'm worried :smile:

I didn't go to the Leeds Open day...my dad wanted to leave at 7.30 in the morning! And I had a hangover, but I've been to leeds before and I liked the city so that isn't a problem :smile:

Haha cool, well you've no need to worry, you'll defo get the offer :smile:
Reply 397
Original post by POWW!
Congratz! I actually got an offer now I'm waiting on A2L to reply :redface:

Thank you! I think my form was sent around the last week of October so hopefully it's not too long for you now. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 398
Original post by StitchMad
Thank you! I think my form was sent around the last week of October so hopefully it's not too long for you now. Good luck! :smile:

Thanks! and I hope you get an offer :smile:
Reply 399
Anyone got offer to do aeronautical engineering? Haven't got acknowledgement email from Leeds though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest