The Student Room Group

Nottingham Vet School

Scroll to see replies

blackcat
I'm not a graduate but I will be 21 when I start the course. My interview was at 12:15, it was really different to the interview at the other unis, what did you think of it? I thought the campus was really nice but was a bit concerned that the students didn't seem very involved in the clinical work there and it seemed to be purely based on referral cases. Anyone know if this is the case?

All the interviews were pretty different to each other, RVC was quite good though. I definately felt more welcome than at Bristol. I think it helped that we got to sit in the smart, new reception building, rather than the canteen! The campus did look nice - shame we couldn't see much due to the building works!

Nottingham have said a lot of the cases the current vet schools see are referral, although aren't the RVC building a new 1st opinion hospital? Or was that Bristol? I went to too many places in a short period of time n now I'm confused!
Reply 61
I know that RVC are building a new hospital but I don't know if it will be 1st opinion???

I agree that RVC was a very welcoming atmosphere, which uni would be your first choice?
blackcat
I know that RVC are building a new hospital but I don't know if it will be 1st opinion???

I agree that RVC was a very welcoming atmosphere, which uni would be your first choice?

Nottingham or RVC, I'm not quite sure which. It'll depend partly on if I get an offer for the 4 yr course from RVC.

How about you?
Reply 63
Definitely Nottingham. I think the course sounds really exciting and practical, plus it would be good to be in the first year of a new school. I think that the staff will be almost as enthusiastic as the students. Not that I don't think the other schools are great though, as long as you get the degree in the end the outcome is the same. Heres hoping I see you at Nottingham next September, although I can see that for you the 4year course would be more attractive since you have already done one degree and probably have already learned a lot of the first year material. Good luck!
Well i was very skeptical before my interview, but after seeing the campus and the presentaion etc. i was really impressed. The course looks amazing, and as others have said, all the queries people have brought up were dispelled. The day was very well organisied and executed, and i actually quite enjoyed it! Didn't quite know what to make of having a dog in the interview room, but he was a very nice dog anyway :smile:
fairy princess
Didn't quite know what to make of having a dog in the interview room, but he was a very nice dog anyway :smile:

Well I had a cat, and he was a darling, even though he left lots of fur on my smart trousers! :rolleyes:

x
Reply 66
Continuing down the "how much Nottingham has impressed me" line, I was well chuffed to get a call yesterday morning from Gary England offering me a place :biggrin: - now hows that for the personal touch?
Has anyone else heard from Nottingham? I would be interested to know what grades other people were offered.
And anyone waiting - shouldn't be long now that they've decided on the first batch!
xx
Reply 67
Nope not heard:frown: :frown:
still you seem to be the only one from here so far so maybe theres still hope....
Well done though!
I was phoned last night by my interviewer with an offer :smile: Unfortunately I was at work so I had to wait for her to phone again today!

I was offered AAB. :smile:
Yay me too!!! AAB - As in Chem and Bio, and a B in either Physics or Geography. Am over the moon!!!
Reply 70
Gary England just called me to offered me a conditional place (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction and that I pass the CRB check etc). I'm over the moon!:biggrin:

Nottingham has allways been my first choice, so I am absolutely made up!:biggrin: Is Notts anyone else’s first choice?

Toby
*watches phone*
I don't know how to choooooooose!! I don't know which to make my first choice. Nottingham or Bristol!? :confused:
Reply 73
Wish i had that problem lol:redface:
Reply 74
Damn i've ignored the phone all day because I couldn't be bothered moving lol :eek: !! Aaa well, probably wasn't him anyway!

Aww thats well sweet though ringing you up personally!! I wouldn't know what to say if they rang! But guess i'm not in this batch :frown: aaah well I knew it had gone badly, fingers and toes crossed for liverpool!

Well done everyone with offers!!! :biggrin:
Reply 75
god I hate waiting lol I wish I hadn't read this now :p:
Reply 76
me again lol, yesterday at half 5 I got a call off a number with a weird area code that I didn't know on my mobile does anyone know the code for nottingham, or how to find out, incase its them?? Would they even call your mobile??
Reply 77
yiiiiippeeeeee got an offer from Nottingham too:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Edingburgh: Unconditional
Liverpool: Unconditional
Bristol: Unconditional
Nottingham: Unconditional
Reply 78
me again lol, yesterday at half 5 I got a call off a number with a weird area code that I didn't know on my mobile does anyone know the code for nottingham, or how to find out, incase its them?? Would they even call your mobile??

They phoned my mobile! Area code is 0115
Reply 79
hey the area code for nottingham is 0115

good luck guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending