The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lunney
Ahh, fair enough. I didn't really like Birmingham, too many trees :P Yep, Cambridge is my top choice, then St Andrews and I can't decide whether Nottingham or Lancaster is my 3rd choice.

Well good to luck to you! :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by rachaelizabeth
Do you have an offer yet? :smile:

Nope not yet, have you applied?
Omg woooo, congratulations! :biggrin: When did you send your application to them? Where else have you applied?
I'm excited now because I've applied for Maths too, and you getting an offer means that they are processing them now :smile:

Thank you :smile: I sent mine off on the 7th of October. I've applied for Bristol, Manchester, Nottingham, Lancaster and Northumbria :smile: and so far i have 3 offers! :smile: where have you applied?
Reply 183
Original post by gwenllian94
Just had a letter from Lancaster this morning, I think they gave me a conditional offer to study Mathematics and Statistics!! :smile: it's just going to take time for it to go through UCAS because there are a lot of applicants this year! :smile:

woo well done! what are ur grades ?
Reply 184
Film & Philosophy
Reply 185
mathemtics (g100) hope i get it!!
Original post by pacni
Nope not yet, have you applied?

I don't have an offer either, I've applied though. I sent it off at the end of October... Fingers crossed for an offer for us all!
Original post by gwenllian94
Thank you :smile: I sent mine off on the 7th of October. I've applied for Bristol, Manchester, Nottingham, Lancaster and Northumbria :smile: and so far i have 3 offers! :smile: where have you applied?

Wow! I was ready to send mine off around then too, but my college pissed around with adding my references and it ended up being sent off on 31st of October. So I shouldn't panic yet about not having any offers I guess!
I've applied to Bristol too! As well as Reading, Sussex and Keele. (and Lancaster obviously)
I'm not expecting Bristol to offer me a place but fingers crossed for all the others. Lancaster is my favourite. What's yours?
:smile:
Original post by gk13
mathemtics (g100) hope i get it!!

Same! Lancaster's my first choice I think. I'll be gutted if I don't get a place!
Where else have you applied?
Wow! I was ready to send mine off around then too, but my college pissed around with adding my references and it ended up being sent off on 31st of October. So I shouldn't panic yet about not having any offers I guess!
I've applied to Bristol too! As well as Reading, Sussex and Keele. (and Lancaster obviously)
I'm not expecting Bristol to offer me a place but fingers crossed for all the others. Lancaster is my favourite. What's yours?
:smile:

Yes the letter was dated 31st of october! I don't expect an offer from Bristol either! But I like Manchester and Nottingham, and might make Lancaster my back up offer :smile:
good luck everyone :smile: hope you do well in your exams. if you have any questions you can PM me as a first year here and i'll give you a totally unbiased opinion. :wink:
Reply 191
Applying for Geography (L700) :biggrin:
I loved Lancaster when I went and visited!
Reply 192
Same! Lancaster's my first choice I think. I'll be gutted if I don't get a place!
Where else have you applied?

same, my first choice too! applied to bham, leeds, sheffield, qmul- im a gap year student so hopefully ill be getting those unconditionals! what about you?
Reply 193
Original post by NightWatch
good luck everyone :smile: hope you do well in your exams. if you have any questions you can PM me as a first year here and i'll give you a totally unbiased opinion. :wink:

hey, so hows the student life there? is it a big uni? what about the city itself? a lot of things to do? modern? aha, havent actually visited it myself yet :P
Original post by gk13
same, my first choice too! applied to bham, leeds, sheffield, qmul- im a gap year student so hopefully ill be getting those unconditionals! what about you?

Oooh wow! I bet it's reassuring that you've already got the grades and so know which universities you can apply for: looking at the uni's you've applied to, you obviously did well!
I've applied to Lancaster, Bristol, Keele, Reading and Sussex. I don't expect an offer from Bristol but fingers crossed for the others :smile:

Original post by gk13
hey, so hows the student life there? is it a big uni? what about the city itself? a lot of things to do? modern? aha, havent actually visited it myself yet :P

It's a really busy nightlife university tbh, there are loads of clubs and themed nights, every wednesday and saturday The Sugarhouse (student unions own club) in lancaster have nights which are usually pretty good. As well as the other clubs, revs etc having nights like 'free ben n jerrys' and free dominos pizza and stuff. There are loads of bars on campus too, free buses to and from the sugarhouse on weds and sat... basically busy! haha.
It isn't a massive uni, it seems smaller because the campus is fairly small, despite there being a lot of students. But it isn't small to the same degree st andrews is, it's medium sized i'd say.
I really like the city, reminds me of winchester or lincoln, it's quite old and traditional looking. Buses are regular from uni and back and don't take too long, 10/15 mins usually. There are all the high street shops you need - no Primark though! :frown: It's a really nice city though, quite cozy. There's a fair amount to do within the uni, there are literally TONS of societies and things, i've never been bored since coming here. The uni itself is pretty modern - all the lecture theatres i've been in are really modern looking and my accomodation has just been refurbished so that's all new too. It has a nice balance of traditional and modern. :P
Reply 196
It's a really busy nightlife university tbh, there are loads of clubs and themed nights, every wednesday and saturday The Sugarhouse (student unions own club) in lancaster have nights which are usually pretty good. As well as the other clubs, revs etc having nights like 'free ben n jerrys' and free dominos pizza and stuff. There are loads of bars on campus too, free buses to and from the sugarhouse on weds and sat... basically busy! haha.
It isn't a massive uni, it seems smaller because the campus is fairly small, despite there being a lot of students. But it isn't small to the same degree st andrews is, it's medium sized i'd say.
I really like the city, reminds me of winchester or lincoln, it's quite old and traditional looking. Buses are regular from uni and back and don't take too long, 10/15 mins usually. There are all the high street shops you need - no Primark though! :frown: It's a really nice city though, quite cozy. There's a fair amount to do within the uni, there are literally TONS of societies and things, i've never been bored since coming here. The uni itself is pretty modern - all the lecture theatres i've been in are really modern looking and my accomodation has just been refurbished so that's all new too. It has a nice balance of traditional and modern. :P

ooo, all sounds very good to me! well lancaster is my first choice, so if i get an offer ill visit it! thank you for the info!
Reply 197
Oooh wow! I bet it's reassuring that you've already got the grades and so know which universities you can apply for: looking at the uni's you've applied to, you obviously did well!
I've applied to Lancaster, Bristol, Keele, Reading and Sussex. I don't expect an offer from Bristol but fingers crossed for the others :smile:

yeah, i guess it is :smile: im sure ull get all ur offers...cant wait for september 2012 :biggrin:
Reply 198
The uni itself is pretty modern - all the lecture theatres i've been in are really modern looking

*cough* been in George Fox? *cough* :biggrin:
Original post by Davott
*cough* been in George Fox? *cough* :biggrin:

This.
There's nothing like leaning on the tiniest table in history which then collapses leaving everyone staring at you :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending