The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Anyone applied to Staffordhire Uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have applied for Journalism- no news so far! It would be nice to receive an acknowledgement email, at least!
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by aztecg0ld
I have applied for Journalism- no news so far! It would be nice to receive an acknowledgement email, at least!

true:rolleyes:
Reply 22
Applied for Computer Games Programming :biggrin: No reply yet, but looking at the others I would assume we should get our reply around the deadline!
Staffordshire got back to me sometime in January as far as I can remember
Reply 24
Original post by de_monies
Staffordshire got back to me sometime in January as far as I can remember

are you a current staffordshire student then??
Original post by Fward
are you a current staffordshire student then??

Yup
Reply 26
Yup

Which campus, and what degree??
Original post by Fward
Which campus, and what degree??

Stafford. Computer Networks & Security 1st year. AFAIK, all communications (letters etc...) are sent from Stoke
Reply 28
Stafford. Computer Networks & Security 1st year. AFAIK, all communications (letters etc...) are sent from Stoke

I haven't been for an open day or anything so I don't know abt the place, so is it? Is it is a nice place to live in? Is the uni good? Do u enjoy it there?
Thz
Original post by anna11
I haven't been for an open day or anything so I don't know abt the place, so is it? Is it is a nice place to live in? Is the uni good? Do u enjoy it there?
Thz

Im at Stafford and I think journalism is done at Stoke. I can't say much because Ive only been her since September.

Stafford is quite a nice place to live but it is a bit in the middle of nowhere and it takes about 20 minutes to Asda but you can get used to that or have your shopping delivered.

The uni is good for certain courses. I wouldn't know for sure about where journalism lies as far as how reputable it is. For my course, it seems to be one of the best in Europe:
http://www.staffs.ac.uk/courses_and_study/undergraduate_courses/subjects/computer_networks/index.jsp

I am not enjoying it as much as I could be but that should change next semester. In the first year, it is a bit broad and you have to do relevant things that fit your genre but may not be so relevant to your course ie: I have to do programming this semester and next semester when I signed up for networking

Though next semester I also do Intro to networks with lans and wans AND an optional module of mobiles and wireless networks

Next semester and particularly next year should be more fun for me
Reply 30
Got an offer for sports journalism a few days ago!
Reply 31

sorry being dumb...AFAIK ???
cool, although the course im looking at is at the Stoke Campus.....heard any good/bad reviews about it??

Original post by anna11
Thz

I went to an open day at the stoke campus a while back, and really liked it there....the student village bit is nice, and apparently housing in the surrounding areas is quite cheap
Reply 32
Original post by 1L8A7D9

Do you not need an interview?! I have just been invited to an interview for the Journalism (not sports) course.
Reply 33
Do you not need an interview?! I have just been invited to an interview for the Journalism (not sports) course.

Nah just straight conditional :biggrin:
Reply 34
Original post by 1L8A7D9
Nah just straight conditional :biggrin:

Ahhh that's awesome!!! :smile: Well done!
Reply 35
I have applied for Journalism. Still waiting on a response :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by 1L8A7D9

Well at least we know that they are starting to give out offers
Original post by Fward
sorry being dumb...AFAIK ???
cool, although the course im looking at is at the Stoke Campus.....heard any good/bad reviews about it??

AFAIK = As far as I know
I havent heard much about Stoke except that the staff are nicer here, but on the bright side, you have a higher male to female ratio :biggrin: Stafford is a computing/nursing campus and the guys outnumber the girls by like 10:1 Im assuming it's the opposite at Stoke as the entirity of Staffordshire university roughly has a 50:50 ratio of guys:girls

Oh and it's meant to be an OK area - universities don't tend to attract the chavvy sorts though Stoke was once a safe seat for the BNP and they did control the council for a while

Thats all I know about Stoke

Original post by Fward
I went to an open day at the stoke campus a while back, and really liked it there....the student village bit is nice, and apparently housing in the surrounding areas is quite cheap

Yeah, it's relatively cheap. I pay £74/week with electricity, gas and water included. This is in the halls. You get a better deal in private accommodation (same price, but bigger house etc...) but halls are more social and a place where you can make friends more easily

I can't remember how the price differs from Stafford to Stoke though from what I remember, Stafford is slightly up market because it's a nicer area :biggrin:
Reply 38
i've just got a place at staffordshire and am thinking of living in the halls does anyone know what the halls are like there :s-smilie:
i just got an offer a couple hours ago aswell :smile: no idea which one of my choices will be firm and insurance though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending