The Student Room Group

Anti-Racist Double Standards - My Tram Experience In France

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wait till you see Manchester Bus Lady
Original post by ak137
Anyone can put subtitles and claim what the person is saying is translated in the subtitles.

Fair enough. Perhaps a French speaking person on here could enlighten us.

Original post by Loveisonthedole
People who get offended at this **** are sheltered. Get a bus/tram/train in any city in any country and you'll be subject to tirades such as this. If you can't laugh at this, you're seriously boring.

I'm far more offended by the people smoking crack, shooting heroin and stabbing people on the buses.

Also fair enough. I agree.
Reply 22
Original post by Passenger101
Oh no we didn't did we? Surely I would remember if I had colonised someone?

Excellent, very intelligent.
Reply 23
Original post by frankieboy
Fair enough. Perhaps a French speaking person on here could enlighten us.

Also fair enough. I agree.

Yeah lol. :smile:
Reply 24
This didnt even happen in our own country, why on earth should it be contrasted to the Emma West video any more than the millions of videos where black/white people insult black/white people in other countries?!
Reply 25
If I may interject, that man on the tram was so out of it :biggrin: And I do HL French on IB. I would say his speech was slurred from his 'cidre', and his grammar and vocabulary was very limited.

Can we leave colonialism out of it? Who gives a damn that he said this on a French tram? Who gives a damn that a woman called Emma slagged off his 'race'? What races anyway? Aren't we all running the same one these days, or are we going to keep running different ones?

That said, there are people in this country who feel their personal freedom is being infringed by foreigners. It's caveman's territory being trespassed. They want blood and they have targeted their enemies. In this economic climate, can you blame them?
Reply 26
What is it about trams and trains that instills hate in people? :P
The only race I'm against is the space race.
Original post by Muffin.
What is it about trams and trains that instills hate in people? :P

Usually I find it's that they smell of a cross between urine and fart. The trams and trains that is, not the people. Although often the people smell of urine and fart as well. I bet Emma West and this French guy do.
(edited 12 years ago)
LOL at 0:57
Why does public transport make everybody so angry?
Watch this thread get buried because the abuser is black, while a thread about a white woman shouting profanity gets a million views and thousands of people baying for her blood.
Reply 32
Original post by Palingenesis

Far,far worse than the frustrated and expletive laced rantings of Emma West. Where are the millions of hits, the false indignant video responses and the bile filled comments eager to join in with the "two minutes hate"?

I'm not saying he's not wrong - he really really is and there is no excuse for what he's saying. But I think the difference in reactions is down to the fact that with him most people will just laugh and think 'what a nutjob' but with the woman on the tram in London, what she is saying is dangerously close to the opinions of so many people in this country, which is what makes it so worrying, and which is what makes those who disagree feel the urgent need to speak out.
Reply 33
Original post by Loveisonthedole
People who get offended at this **** are sheltered. Get a bus/tram/train in any city in any country and you'll be subject to tirades such as this. If you can't laugh at this, you're seriously boring.

I'm far more offended by the people smoking crack, shooting heroin and stabbing people on the buses.

I've never experienced this anywhere in the world.

It's racism when a white person does it, but a joke when anyone does it? Not even BBC could be so leftist.
Reply 34
Original post by nmds
Thank you for that Palingenesis.

And of course the even more important double standard is that the Asians and Africans who assault us kicked us out of their countries 50, 60 years ago but deny our right to do the same to them.

:eyeball:

Your comparing Asians/Africans who fought to stop slavery/ruling over their land to people with ethnic heritage but who were either born in the country or given the right to reside in the country by the laws of the land?

You sure you don't need a rant on a tram somewhere..?
Reply 35
There is a difference between a drunk man and a completely sober woman.
Original post by JoelTitus
Keeping in mind we colonized them.........

Colonizing a country does not make it yours, certainly not when they kicked you out of their country.
Original post by Capacitor
There is a difference between a drunk man and a completely sober woman.

She wasn't sober. She was slurring her words. And her words were incoherent.

You're justifying his actions. Why? Cause he's black.

Someone neg this idiot.
Original post by nmds
Thank you for that Palingenesis.

And of course the even more important double standard is that the Asians and Africans who assault us kicked us out of their countries 50, 60 years ago but deny our right to do the same to them.

I think that was more to do with the fact that we INVADED their countries... the same thing that idiots like you accuse them of doing to us ironically.
Reply 39
You are the ****ing idiot Passenger, she wasn't drunk at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending