The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College Interview!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hi could some plase answer my qustion.

i go to friern barent school and i am an A & B grade student. this is what expect to get at the end of the year

sciecne- A
addiotional scienc- A
maths- A(already got my GCSE)
english literature- B
english language- B
art- B
drama-B
spanish-A ( im on an A* at the moment if i want an A* i need to work hard on th listening exam)
religious study-A
textile- D (already got my GCSE)

woodhouse college is my first option so do you think i can get in with those grades since i go to friern barent school.

thanks azzy
Original post by jLou711
I got a direct offer with worse predicted grades than you? I live around 30-45mins away.

I got a direct offer too and live around 45mins-1hr away. I received the email on Monday 30th January. When did you receive yours? And finally, when have you been invited to go in, because I have to go in on Tuesday 6th January?

I'm just so confused at the moment, I still can't believe it!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Biggabaggaboo
I got a direct offer too and live around 45mins-1hr away. I received the email on Monday 31st January. When did you receive yours? And finally, when have you been invited to go in, because I have to go in on Tuesday 6th January?

I'm just so confused at the moment, I still can't believe it!

I received mine on the 27th of Jan :smile: and I'm going tomorrow (6th February). You should check your dates xD
got an interview on the 28th anyone get one?
If you get an interview are you most likely to get in?
Original post by MathsMaths123
got an interview on the 28th anyone get one?
If you get an interview are you most likely to get in?

Hi I've got an interview too for that day. Not sure if i'll get in but it's not my first option anyways.
How are you preparing othe interview?
Original post by jLou711
I received mine on the 27th of Jan :smile: and I'm going tomorrow (6th February). You should check your dates xD

How was the interview?
Reply 26
Original post by HistoryNerdx
How was the interview?

Wasn't an interview for me, I got a direct offer.

But my friend got an interview and said he had a guy who was trying to persuade him NOT to come since he lived so far & that interview was the worst interview he'd ever had. (Not to put you off or anything)
Reply 27
Just wondering, how do they choose who to give a conditionaln offer to straight away?? My friends got them and some of them got predicted lower than me soo im a bit worried :s-smilie:
Reply 28
Well the direct offers have gone and I believe its based on your predicted grades, reference, school report and the distance you live from the school.

My GPA was 7.1 and my attendance, punctuality etc tends to be pretty good although I live roughly 1hour away so not sure why they gave me an offer in that sense..

It's based on everything essentially, no point having all A*'s but you're persistently late to lessons and give the school a bad name.
Reply 29
ahh right..I don't know what my GPA is but I got 5A*s and 5As?? But that's helped a lot, thanks! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
A* = 8
A = 7

So its 75/10 = 7.5
Reply 31
Why on earth is woodhouse so well known? im always seeing it on TSR, Im always bumping into random UCL people who went there or knows someone who did. I am surprised because i thought it was one of those "mid-range-only-known-in-north-london-colleges" But I swear absolutely everyone I run into knows about that little college up in finchley.
Reply 32
Original post by jLou711
Well the direct offers have gone and I believe its based on your predicted grades, reference, school report and the distance you live from the school.

My GPA was 7.1 and my attendance, punctuality etc tends to be pretty good although I live roughly 1hour away so not sure why they gave me an offer in that sense..

It's based on everything essentially, no point having all A*'s but you're persistently late to lessons and give the school a bad name.

A lot of people who go woodhouse come from areas an 1 hour or so away on average to be honest.
Reply 33
Original post by Wave
Why on earth is woodhouse so well known? im always seeing it on TSR, Im always bumping into random UCL people who went there or knows someone who did. I am surprised because i thought it was one of those "mid-range-only-known-in-north-london-colleges" But I swear absolutely everyone I run into knows about that little college up in finchley.

It's not mid range for a state school, its pretty up there, they always get a few to Oxbridge and others in Russel group unis or 1994+ unis.
Reply 34
Original post by jLou711
A* = 8
A = 7

So its 75/10 = 7.5

thank youu :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Wave

Quite a lot of people go there; it's really well known and it's an alright college too
Original post by jLou711

I live roughly 1 hour away and i got a direct offer
Original post by Wave

Because Finchley is THEEEEE BESSTTTTTTTTTTT
Reply 38
Original post by kaylafrances
Because Finchley is THEEEEE BESSTTTTTTTTTTT

You.

Finchley sucks. Wood Green all the way.
Original post by Wave
You.

Finchley sucks. Wood Green all the way.

FINCHLEY WINS BBE xoxox

Quick Reply

Latest