The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

So...Fisher it is. *sigh*
It is really cheap (103 GBP per week) so I'll save a good 50 GBP from my most preferred choice of Weeks and I don't mind the 20 minute walk...it's just that....the single study bedroom looks a bit too cramped. Honestly, Fisher was the only one out of my 5 choices, that I wasn't really keen to go to...but I guess not much can be done now.
Is anyone else moving into Fisher?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 181
Got Linstead, Eastside :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by {Unregistered}
So...Fisher it is. *sigh*
It is really cheap (103 GBP per week) so I'll save a good 50 GBP from my most preferred choice of Weeks and I don't mind the 20 minute walk...it's just that....the single study bedroom looks a bit too cramped. Honestly, Fisher was the only one out of my 5 choices, that I wasn't really keen to go to...but I guess not much can be done now.
Is anyone else moving into Fisher?

Nothing wrong with Fisher
I got Xenia, but have no idea about it, heard that it was pretty far away from college but have good views, would it be inconvenient if I have no place to stay during the whole day at college? I thought if I was in Beit, I would have time to cook for myself during the lunch time, but now, I guess it might be impossible.
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
Nothing wrong with Fisher

Yeah, I guess so...
Reply 185
The accommodation offer is asking for the first terms sum (around £2400) by the 29th Sept, but we don't receive any maintenance loan/grant payments until early October when our attendance has been confirmed. I'm confused by this as most people will be paying with loans, what do the uni expect of people in this position?
Original post by Camss
The accommodation offer is asking for the first terms sum (around £2400) by the 29th Sept, but we don't receive any maintenance loan/grant payments until early October when our attendance has been confirmed. I'm confused by this as most people will be paying with loans, what do the uni expect of people in this position?

Are you sure because my first payment is scheduled for the 29th september
Reply 187
Original post by Camss

I think the loan will come in before you start. I remember last year my loan came in a couple of days before I started.
Tizard southside, anyone?
Reply 189
Original post by P.h.o.e.n.i.x.y
Tizard southside, anyone?

Me! Twin room
Original post by Camss

My student loan goes in on the 28th... did you fill it all out in time? If not, that might be why you get it later. If you did it all on time, I'd phone up SFE and tell them about the situation.

On an unrelated note: twin room at Bernard Sunley anyone? Any older students know what Bernard Sunley is like? Looks nice from the pictures...
Reply 191
Original post by {Unregistered}
Yeah, I guess so...

I have Southwell XL twin, if you want to swap :P
Reply 192
Original post by geekly

Ah just remembered I paid the deposit already. Guess I'm stuck :rolleyes:

None of my choices were twins, all singles! But at least it's an XL room (the highest price bracket for Southwell, so I'm guessing).

I deliberately put studying and sleeping as my favorite activities. Hopefully the other person will be compatible...

Anybody know if they tell us who we're sharing with before we actually turn up?
Reply 193
Original post by geekly

I deliberately put studying and sleeping as my favorite activities. Hopefully the other person will be compatible...

haha, I bet you get a party animal of a room mate now that you don't have a single... worst luck!
Original post by Gnakhel
Me! Twin room

same! =D
Reply 195
Original post by P.h.o.e.n.i.x.y
same! =D

Yaay! Didn't apply for any twin rooms though and southside wasn't even one my choices, so random! The hall looks pretty nice though. Hope we both get great and compatible roommates :smile:
Reply 196
Linsteadians, join us HERE ! :smile:
Original post by geekly

I probably would if I could (I'm under 18 so I can't share a room). I'll have to check out the virtual tour first, though.

Is anyone else going to Fisher? Also, is it worth emailing Imperial to re-allocate me to another hall? Or should I just deal with it?
Original post by Aliska
Linsteadians, join us HERE ! :smile:

Just wondering...do EU nationals qualify for the loan for tuition fees and accommodation fees or do you have to pay them yourself? Also, do you pay the same tuition fee as UK nationals (£9000) or as internationals (£24,500)?
Reply 199
Original post by Camss

Original post by Chow mein
Are you sure because my first payment is scheduled for the 29th september

Original post by Zottula
I think the loan will come in before you start. I remember last year my loan came in a couple of days before I started.

i have the same issue, it says expected payment date is the 29th, on the student finance letters, the back page where it tells you what dates you'll expect the payments it says that the first payment will take 3-4 working days once our attendance is confirmed!?
on the e-service imperial are scheduled to take out money for accomidation on the 29th too!,
i registered online through the e-service, SO, does that mean i'll get my maintenance loan ontime? or when we turn up to the university do we have to do something special and confirm our attendance and the 3-4 working days start from then?....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending