The Student Room Group

I'm the exam fairy, I'll grant you whatever grade you want

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Can't decide whether this argument is funny or pathetic. Stop shooting down her words let her pray if she wants to. :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by . .
Why does her belief in God affect you in anyway whether God exists or doesn't is irrelevant.

If going for a ritual pre exam **** whilst screaming hallelujah helps me to enter the right frame of mind for exams and revision as long it is not affecting you or anybody else for that matter why do you care?

That's entirely different. If that person believing in God helps them, then that's entirely different. All I'm saying is that, if God exists, there's no reason why he would help her, as he'd have to help every other religious person who prays also. This would mean that loads of people would score high grades and the grades would therefore be devalued.

Also, my main issue was with the fact that she stupidly accused me of misreading her post, when I didn't. Then got worked up and left when I pointed this out.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by boo28
I need motivation because I'm getting stressed out with my exams so lets have some fun while we *cough*procrastinateontrs*cough* revise. :biggrin:

I'm your exam fairy and I'll grant you whatever grade you want in your exams:angelwings:! Tell me why you want it and it's yours! :angelwings:

I'll be happy with As in Math, Physics, Chem and just a B in history :dry:, and I want those grades to get into my top choice uni (and because my parents would murder me if I didn't).

How about you?

I want you. :colondollar:
Reply 63
Original post by xOsugaplumfairy
I want all A's in chemistry, biology, psychology and physics!

But I would be happy with A's in chem, bio, psychology and a B in phsyics :/

And you can't grant me my wish!

Only revision and God can! (Yes im a christian :smile:)

Prayer helps.

Praying will not get you straight A's.
Reply 64
Original post by INTJ
That's entirely different. If that person believing in God helps them, then that's entirely different. All I'm saying is that, if God exists, there's no reason why he would help her, as he'd have to help every other religious person who prays also, in that case - meaning loads of people would score high grades and the grades would therefore be devalued.

Also, my main issue was with the fact that she stupidly accused me of misreading her post, when I didn't. Then got worked up and left when I pointed this out.

Evidently believing in God helps her. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out based on her post.
Reply 65
Everything you said is wrong, because the Bible says so. Why do I believe what the Bible says? Because it's the word of God. Why do I believe the word of God? Because it's in the Bible...
Reply 66
Original post by Chronist
Praying will not get you straight A's.

Placebo effect.
I have one thing to say.

TROLOLOLOLOL
Reply 68
Original post by . .
Evidently believing in God helps her. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out based on her post.

You're missing my point. If BELIEVING in God helps, then that means it's not the actual God that helps with the exam - it just means the idea of it consoles them. My point was that if there was an actual God who was actually helping, it wouldn't be viable, because he'd have to help everyone, which would devalue the high grade and ultimately help no-one.

And she didn't say it was BELIEVING in God that helped, but that God himself was helping. You're not defending her case very successfully.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 69
INTJ, your point was obviously offensive and therefore unnecessary...
Reply 70
Original post by INTJ
You're missing my point. If BELIEVING in God helps, then that means it's not the actual God that helps with the exam - it just means the idea of it consoles them. My point was that if there was an actual God who was actually helping, it wouldn't be viable, because he'd have to help everyone, which would devalue the high grade and ultimately help no-one.

Exactly if that belief is helping her. Why attempt to destroy that belief?
I don't need an exam fairy. I just need to quit making silly mistakes! :/

Hoping for A*aa this summer :smile:
Original post by . .
exactly if that belief is helping her. Why attempt to destroy that belief?

thank you :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by . .
Exactly if that belief is helping her. Why attempt to destroy that belief?

She didn't say it was BELIEVING in God that helped, but that God himself was helping. That was my point of contention. As for why I attacked it...because it's just ludicrously stupid. Quite frankly, I, and many others, are fed up of tip-toeing around the religious. We openly scorn political belief systems for being, what we regard as, insane or unjust...so why can't I find someone's religious belief irritating also? Especially when it makes no sense.
Reply 74
AA please =] in psychology and business studies !
Reply 75
4 As at AS in
Biology,Chemistry, History and Maths :smile:
Reply 76
FFS, does every other thread have to end up with a religion and/or politics argument? :facepalm:

Exam fairy, I want straight A's in my AS Levels. English Language, English Literature, History. I'll be forever in your debt, etc, etc.

PLEASE
Reply 77
AAAA please lol
Reply 78
Original post by INTJ
Why would God help? If that were true, he'd help anyone and everyone who had faith, which would mean serious grade inflation. Also, God has no reason to help anyone with their exams just because they ask. That's quite a petty prayer, don't you think?

"Dear God, I worked hard for these exams. Please help me get a good grade."
God: Why should I answer this prayer with help? Loads of people worked hard also...

mmm..although i do believe that hard work accounts for more so you are right in a way..life is what you make of it
Reply 79
Original post by INTJ
She didn't say it was BELIEVING in God that helped, but that God himself was helping. That was my point of contention. As for why I attacked it...because it's just ludicrously stupid. Quite frankly, I, and many others, are fed up of tip-toeing around the religious. We openly scorn political belief systems for being, what we regard as, insane or unjust...so why can't I find someone's religious belief irritating also? Especially when it makes no sense.

You said "Prayer doesn't help" but it does help her. Why can't you just accept that and live and let live?

Would you also destroy a child belief in Santa because he doesn't exist?

The type of person you are is pretty evident. And I don't see a point in arguing with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending