The Student Room Group

Was caught peeing in the street

Scroll to see replies

This website cracks me up. A bunch of students criticising someone for pissing on the street in the early hours! I mean jesus guys, live a little.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by anonforme
Hi guys not sure if this is the right forum to post in but i would just like some advice.

Last night was out in the pub with mates and i was busting to go to the toilet so i ran across the road were there is a little corner kind of hiding me and were nobody could see anything. once i turned around a police officer was waiting for me and my friend and cautioned us for indecent exposure and read us our rights and said it will go infront of a public prosecution.

I have no record of any crimes and this is my first offence and im a little worried as this may effect me later in life what should i do now?

obviously i shouldnt have peed in the street but i thought it was alright as i was kind of hidden and no one could see anything there.

my friend says the public toilets were broken he knew this before hand so we went down and took pictures one was permanently engaged the other said out of order i got pictures of both.

thanks for reading any advice would be great.

i always pish in the street.

got caught with it once though, on my record. but cos its a caution it doesnt follow you around on check ups!
Original post by iamyourspiritfrombeyondth
This website cracks me up. A bunch of students criticising someone for pissing on the street in the early hours! I mean jesus guys, live a little.

this forum is hilarious at times, such a bunch of sad acts on here.
Reply 83
Original post by TheSownRose
It's funny, because I know plenty of people who drink more than one or two beers but yet don't end their night with uncontrollable urination needs. :confused: If you know that you get that way after a certain level of drinking, how hard is it to not drink that much?
Alcohol effects everyone differently, no one is saying you'll be pissing your way home, but if the need to go arises in between toilets it can be pretty hard to ignore. Besides, if you enjoy drinking, why would you stop or limit yourself just on the off chance you'll need the toilet on the way home?
It's funny, because I know plenty of people who drink more than one or two beers but yet don't end their night with uncontrollable urination needs. :confused: If you know that you get that way after a certain level of drinking, how hard is it to not drink that much?

You sound like loads of fun
Original post by Nickini
Alcohol effects everyone differently, no one is saying you'll be pissing your way home, but if the need to go arises in between toilets it can be pretty hard to ignore. Besides, if you enjoy drinking, why would you stop or limit yourself just on the off chance you'll need the toilet on the way home?

You could argue that about a lot of things. If you enjoy drinking, why would you stop or limit yourself just on the off-chance that you suddenly turn violent? If you enjoy drinking, why would you stop or limit yourself just on the off-chance that it conflicts with your medication? If you enjoy drinking, why would you stop or limit yourself just on the off-chance that it prevents you from entering your version of heaven?

Anyway, I wasn't talking about on the off-chance. You could assume for the first time that you won't become an uncontrollable piss machine or violent psychopath. However, surely you'd notice a pattern after a while that drinking (say) two beers seems to send you over some edge?
Original post by rugbyladosc

I'm bundles of fun - why, just today I was sorting out my stamp collection. Oh, I had such wonderful fun re-inserting them in alphabetical order. :hat2:

Spoiler

Original post by silent ninja
I was playing football last week and at half time one of the guys goes in the corner near the fence and starts peeing. I thought it was disgusting. Dogs do that. There was a toilet not 3 minutes away. Let's just say I never shook his hand after the game.

The percentage of people not washing their hands after going to the toilet is another topic altogether. It's shockingly high and disgusting. Ugh.

This was an incredibly helpful and thought provoking response.

OP - just pay the fine? I can't imagine you'd have to go to Court or anything for that :erm:

All of her posts make her sound like a right barrel of laughs :rolleyes:
Reply 89

That's all you lot care about nowadays, isn't it?

Who can drink the fastest, who can become paralytically drunk first.

Why don't you realise you're pathetic? Life isn't all about drinking, there are more important things in life. I happen to think being drunk is a shocking habit and I am truly disgusted at how some young 'adults' behave.

How dare you assume that because someone is efficient and careful that they are 'boring' or incapable of having funny. You're an immature little boy and I suggest your mother sits you down and has a long talk with you to reconsider where you're heading in life.

****ing teenagers.
Reply 90
Original post by sarahthegemini
All of her posts make her sound like a right barrel of laughs :rolleyes:

Read my comment to 'rugbyladosc'.

You're not any better either.

Recklessness.
Reply 91
Original post by iamyourspiritfrombeyondth

lol YOLO!!
Reply 92
You could argue that about a lot of things. If you enjoy drinking, why would you stop or limit yourself just on the off-chance that you suddenly turn violent? If you enjoy drinking, why would you stop or limit yourself just on the off-chance that it conflicts with your medication? If you enjoy drinking, why would you stop or limit yourself just on the off-chance that it prevents you from entering your version of heaven?

Anyway, I wasn't talking about on the off-chance. You could assume for the first time that you won't become an uncontrollable piss machine or violent psychopath. However, surely you'd notice a pattern after a while that drinking (say) two beers seems to send you over some edge?
Except those are reasons for seriously considering not drinking...unlike needing the toilet on the way home from the pub. :rolleyes:

Alcohol effects your body differently depending on what you drink, what you've eaten, etc., it's not as clear cut as "uh oh I've had two pints, I'll be needed a piss on the way home!", besides stopping off for a sly toilet break in a bush isn't really effecting anyone?
Original post by Iron Lady

Why don't you realise you're pathetic? Life isn't all about drinking, there are more important things in life. I happen to think being drunk is a shocking habit and I am truly disgusted at how some young 'adults' behave.

How dare you assume that because someone is efficient and careful that they are 'boring' or incapable of having funny. You're an immature little boy and I suggest your mother sits you down and has a long talk with you to reconsider where you're heading in life.

****ing teenagers.

soz maggy
I'm bundles of fun - why, just today I was sorting out my stamp collection. Oh, I had such wonderful fun re-inserting them in alphabetical order. :hat2:

Spoiler

I rarely drink but when I do I have a few beers and after I go for my first pee that is that I need to pee every 15 minutes. But is there really anything wrong with that. I still have a good time
learn your lesson and not do it again...
ok the toilets were broken... you just left a pub which im 110% sure had toilets...
i was subjected to the horrible sight of cyclists (there was a cycle race running through the village) weeing up the hedge last weekend disgusting...!!
"quick pee in the corner" which leaves your "pee" running down the street for people to walk in and walk into places... and not to mention the smell.... just eeww!
x
Original post by Nickini
Except those are reasons for seriously considering not drinking...unlike needing the toilet on the way home from the pub. :rolleyes:

Alcohol effects your body differently depending on what you drink, what you've eaten, etc., it's not as clear cut as "uh oh I've had two pints, I'll be needed a piss on the way home!", besides stopping off for a sly toilet break in a bush isn't really effecting anyone?

Original post by Left Hand Drive
I rarely drink but when I do I have a few beers and after I go for my first pee that is that I need to pee every 15 minutes. But is there really anything wrong with that. I still have a good time

Needing to urinate isn't the problem though, is it? Plenty of people need to frequently urinate - people with weak bladders, people with UTIs, pregnant women...

But they don't all end up taking a leak in the street and that is what the problem is. And yes, expelling your bodily fluids in public, on ground that someone else might walk on or stop to tie their shoelace up, is effecting them IMO.
Reply 97
Original post by Alpharius
You came on here for sympathy?

As a wise man once said; "...LOL..."

Lol no i didnt come on here for sympathy.

i came on to ask a few questions like if i do hear any more about this which will likely be a caution and a fine will this stay with me forever ?

for example will i have to declare this on job applications and visa applications or uni/course applications and things like that.

Thanks for the replies so far to those who arnt ridiculing me for it. We were all young once. I dont think im exactly scum of the earth for peeing in a corner at 20 years of age at 2:30 in the morning when i was out for a few beers with my mates.
Original post by Iron Lady

****ing teenagers.

You may think that but people aren't idiots, some genuinely cannot handle their drink and it may surprise you people don't always aim to get completely off their faces although it does happen because people want social lives, want fun, want a laugh.

Now for me, take this.

Beer is one of my hobbies, I suppose that would be a problem to you? I enjoy drinking, because I like the taste of craft beers, real ales, trying beers. I absolutely love a beer. Its one of many passions. At 19, when I'm in Uni just 8-10 hours a week 26 weeks a year, it may surprise you people do actually have a lot of spare time and if I want a drink, I'll have one and when I want to go on a pub crawl and get smashed out of my face and live, I will do. What gives you the right to tell anyone else what to do?

If people cannot make errors, get into situations like the OP and 99% of those who have had a drink and are students, will have done something they regret, are embarrassed about then really what is the point in living? Its funny, something to look back on when your older, when life is boring. I've woken up in a field before, covered in mud, no idea how I got there, bit embarrassing but something I can laugh about.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by anonforme
Lol no i didnt come on here for sympathy.

i came on to ask a few questions like if i do hear any more about this which will likely be a caution and a fine will this stay with me forever ?

for example will i have to declare this on job applications and visa applications or uni/course applications and things like that.

Thanks for the replies so far to those who arnt ridiculing me for it. We were all young once. I dont think im exactly scum of the earth for peeing in a corner at 20 years of age at 2:30 in the morning when i was out for a few beers with my mates.

You asked a genuine question and no-one has been nice enough to answer.

We are all young once. Your not scum of the Earth. I can tell you, mates of mine have actually done the alternative and pissed themselves, now that is not funny, especially having to dry out those clothes and go to Uni in them the next day... oh we had it covered with a fantastic excuse!! No-one ever guessed anyway. Had another mate throw up all over a train carriage which was funny, seeing as it was 2 carriage train... everyone piled into one...
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending