The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ronnimoo
Well done!! I hope it goes well! :biggrin: where on track was it posted??

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you just scroll down your choices, it doesn't come up as an offer obviously, but next to your choice it should say you've been invited to attend interview on such a day at so and so time :smile: Good luck!!
I haven't had any reply from Bristol as of yet but some people seem to have interviews already, should I start worrying? :s-smilie:
Original post by Iwillbeavet
I haven't had any reply from Bristol as of yet but some people seem to have interviews already, should I start worrying? :s-smilie:

I have not heard anything from Bristol yet either so I wouldn't be worried if I was you. They interview all the way into February
Original post by chloemily
Yeah; I'm so disheartened though because RVC was my first choice and I feel like the BMAT is going to be the biggest thing that stops me getting in :frown: I really hope it goes okay, but I can't help but worry like mad...

Good luck to everyone else taking it.

Hey have RVC replied to you yet? The BMAT clearly isn't everything though, I only got 3.7, 3.6 and 1.5A (embarrassingly bad I know guys) and I have an interview for RVC in just over a week so keep smiling! :smile:
Original post by nebbydog
I've applied to the bioveterinary science course at Surrey for my back up and got an offer for ABB, I chose it as my back up even though I prefer the Lincoln bioveterinary course because there's a chance to swap to the vet course after the first or second year.😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that actually true?! You can swap into VetMed if you do BioVet at Lincoln???
Original post by monkeylegend01
I have not heard anything from Bristol yet either so I wouldn't be worried if I was you. They interview all the way into February

Oh okay phew :') My biggest worry is that people are getting offers and i'm not haha :P And the only other Vet hopeful out of my 300 student strong sixth form is applying to Glasgow, Liverpool and Cambridge and Surrey (incidentally the four i'm not - just my luck!) So I have nothing to reference on except on here, so thanks!
Oh okay phew :') My biggest worry is that people are getting offers and i'm not haha :P And the only other Vet hopeful out of my 300 student strong sixth form is applying to Glasgow, Liverpool and Cambridge and Surrey (incidentally the four i'm not - just my luck!) So I have nothing to reference on except on here, so thanks!

They're interviewing up until the end of march, so plenty left, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Radiohead_1
Ahh same!! So happy! :biggrin:

Same! Just bought my train tickets eeeek!
Original post by Cheetahluv
They're interviewing up until the end of march, so plenty left, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot! Same to you!:smile:
Original post by BeverleyH
Thanks again! I already have a feeling I'm going to do awfully in my interviews >.<

You're welcome! And no you won't, you'll be absolutely fine :biggrin: good luck anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1990

I think she meant that while she prefers the Lincoln course, she has applied to Surrey because at Surrey you might be able to swap into VetMed
I'm really worried about my Liverpool application. I still haven't got the questionnaire. However I got it last year? So there's no reason why my grades wouldn't be good enough for this year..
I don't know what I should do
Reply 1992
Original post by PThakkar
I'm really worried about my Liverpool application. I still haven't got the questionnaire. However I got it last year? So there's no reason why my grades wouldn't be good enough for this year..

It could be that against the pool of applicants, your grades were lower? But that does seem odd so I would email the admissions office!
Original post by PThakkar

I just called the admissions office (in a similar position) and they said they've still not sent them all out and they're being done in a random order so not to worry :smile:
Original post by xxscoobyxx
I just called the admissions office (in a similar position) and they said they've still not sent them all out and they're being done in a random order so not to worry :smile:

Thanks so much.. Feels good to know someone else is in a similar position. I've been panicking but this will help to calm me down! Good luck with your application:smile:

I would email the unis to make sure this is actually true.

I know people on the Biovet course at Liverpool have reapplied to vet med and had to go through the whole formal process again. However, they had to go into year one again as there is no 'transfer' option. You also only yet one extra year of finance, so if you do more than one year of biovet, and then start in year 1 of a vet degree, you will have to fund this yourself.

As for doing vet med as a 2nd degree, be aware that this is also competitive and very expensive too (you can't get a tuition fee loan for a 2nd degree and fees vary from £9k to £20k a year).

It says on Surreys website that after the 1st year, BioVet students who are in the top few % (exam results) are able to apply for VetMed at Surrey. I can imagine they don't get a guaranteed place though. :smile:

I'm not sure about the finances, but honestly I wouldn't say it's worth the trouble applying and then trying to be in the top few % just get into a Surrey. Probably better off taking a gap year :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by leprechaaun
anyone on the interview for the 11th?? Its such short notice! Ahhhhh

Also have my RVC interview on the 11th :smile:
Original post by Radiohead_1
Ahh same!! So happy! :biggrin:

Me too! :biggrin:
Original post by SilverstarDJ
I would email the unis to make sure this is actually true.

I know people on the Biovet course at Liverpool have reapplied to vet med and had to go through the whole formal process again. However, they had to go into year one again as there is no 'transfer' option. You also only yet one extra year of finance, so if you do more than one year of biovet, and then start in year 1 of a vet degree, you will have to fund this yourself.

As for doing vet med as a 2nd degree, be aware that this is also competitive and very expensive too (you can't get a tuition fee loan for a 2nd degree and fees vary from £9k to £20k a year).

I applied to Lincoln for BioVet thats all and I was just wondering if that would be a route in without having to finish the degree but to be honest, I think I'd still stay on and finish my 1st degree before thinking about maybe doing VetMed for my 2nd. Obviously ideal scenario is get in first time around! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending