The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tallyoh
Wow! That's really cool! Sounds so exotic! What kind of farm work have you done? And what sort of thing do you do when you volunteer at the local zoo? I know the head vet at longleat so he's going to try and get me in up there for a week! It's so difficult to get that kind of experience!

It's more meercats, penguins etc! and I feed them, and clean there areas. I learn a lot about eating habits which Is always good! and wow that would be amazing!
are you thinking of going vet medlink this december?
Original post by Tallyoh
That's Fantastic thanks! Yeah, double science I got A* in both, english all As and maths got an A (only one mark from an A*, gutted!)

We're lucky to have a few riding stables around here so I'll enquire there. Just had a look and there are a few labs around about an hour and a half away, so I'll send some letters around.

I have applied to take the AQA Bacculeareate at school which incorporates the EPQ so will start that next year.

Edinburgh is actually one of the universities I am most interested in at the moment but I'm going to keep my options open for all of them! I'll probably end up loving one of the other universities that I'm not as interested in when it comes to open days!

Also, is anyone going to Vet-Medlink on the 18th-22nd December in Nottingham? And Vetquest 16th March?

I'm goibg vet medlink at nottingham 18-22 are you? :smile:
Original post by Lucy96
I really want to go to Nottingham and do the Vet medlink too! It looks amazing :biggrin:

Nottingham is amazing :biggrin:

How do I know for definite? :ninja:

I'm here at Nottingham... I'm currently procrastinating from writing up lecture notes.... again :tongue:
Original post by Angry cucumber

I'm here at Nottingham... I'm currently procrastinating from writing up lecture notes.... again :tongue:

Haha it does look it and it's by far my favorite one :biggrin:

Aww :tongue: Even the campus looks beautiful! I honestly really want to go there :tongue:

aw thats great!
nottingham will more than likely be my first choice :smile:
Original post by JHP1996
Umm Cambridge, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Liverpool :smile: mum wants me to apply to Cambridge... That'll be interesting haha to say the least. Good luck with your applications!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

aw that sounds amazing! I don't think cambridge is for me tbh, I don't think I'd fit in at all! haha

I have to agree, nottingham is brilliant. Only been here a month and we've already learnt how to do a full clinical examination and we've had loads of contact already with animals. You won't get that this early on at any other vet school :smile:

Peter you need to spend less time on here...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387

Pffft....:tongue: (I'm always here to combat your post with an 'Edinburgh is the best' statement! :biggrin:)

Original post by Chelsey123
aw that sounds amazing! I don't think cambridge is for me tbh, I don't think I'd fit in at all! haha

I found this interesting page on the Cambridge Vet School website about people's preconceptions of Cambridge. Might be an interesting read for those of you thinking of applying but not sure if it's for you. Personally I think Cambridge is an excellent vet school but I would also make sure to attend the open day and get a feel for the place.
Reply 388
Original post by Chelsey123

Haha I don't think I'll fit in but my mum wants me to apply... Gotta keep the folks happy. I know I won't get in and tbh I don't mind, I want to go to Edinburgh haha :smile:

Original post by Tallyoh
It still sounds really cool! Yeah, place has been confirmed now :smile:

aww sounds good! :smile: should see you there!
Is anybody here considering doing an EPQ related to veterinary? I am, but I hope it's not just me that's stuck for ideas when it comes to 'thinking of something original'? forever lacking imagination *sad face* :frown:

Original post by jamsie555
I have to agree, nottingham is brilliant. Only been here a month and we've already learnt how to do a full clinical examination and we've had loads of contact already with animals. You won't get that this early on at any other vet school :smile:

Peter you need to spend less time on here...

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colonhash: Get out James..... I'm hardly on here nowadays..... however, you seem to have some interesting lecture related browsing of youtube and faceyb whilst in lectures :tongue:

Original post by Cetacea
Pffft....:tongue: (I'm always here to combat your post with an 'Edinburgh is the best' statement! :biggrin:)

pfft Edinburgh..... :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone here going to the VetQuest 2013 at Bristol? :biggrin:
I'm thinking about it...

Of course Edinburgh is the best! My fav uni, I wish I could go there. Ironically it's the only one that I can't apply to, as I don't meet the requirements. Oh well :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Nessie162
Anyone here going to the VetQuest 2013 at Bristol? :biggrin:
I'm thinking about it...

Of course Edinburgh is the best! My fav uni, I wish I could go there. Ironically it's the only one that I can't apply to, as I don't meet the requirements. Oh well :frown:

I went on Vetquest a couple of years ago and it was awesome and the cake they gave us was really good :biggrin:
Original post by Tallyoh
Yeah! Are you going up with anyone else?

No I'm on my own :frown: are you?
Original post by KatiexZoe
Is anybody here considering doing an EPQ related to veterinary? I am, but I hope it's not just me that's stuck for ideas when it comes to 'thinking of something original'? forever lacking imagination *sad face* :frown:

Is there anything you have seen or are really interested in the vet world? To be honest, even if you don't do one related to vet med, the skills your learnt doing the EPQ is well worth the mention in your PS.
Original post by SilverstarDJ
Is there anything you have seen or are really interested in the vet world? To be honest, even if you don't do one related to vet med, the skills your learnt doing the EPQ is well worth the mention in your PS.

I seriously wouldn't bother with the extended project at all. You won't have finished it by the time you have your interviews and you won't have time to talk about it in your interview either. Spend the time making sure you get your 3 As at A-Level and getting more work experience!

I don't know anyone in my year that did the extended project, and we all got in :smile:
Original post by Tallyoh
Yeah, I'm on my own as well. Have you had the package of info through yet? Mine came through yesterday and it was apparently meant to have a code of conduct which it didnt :s-smilie:. I am so excited about it now though! :biggrin:

not yet :smile: but I'm told it should come through soon! and mee too cannot wai!!!
Reply 398
Original post by KatiexZoe

I'm thinking about it. My head teacher just kinda sprung it on me as I was walking out of school today, so I barely know what you have to do for it :colondollar: Once I find out more, I'll let you know if I come up with any good ideas :smile:
Original post by Tallyoh
Yeah I'm going to Vetquest! Which day are you going on?

Saturday probably :biggrin: You?

Latest

Trending

Trending