The Student Room Group

Sold fake £20 notes when i was 12, stupid mistake, got caught, do i have a record?

Hello, dont know if i posted in correct forum. Sorry if i didnt, basically when i was 11 years old (Year 7 at school), i used to make £20 notes at home using the colour scanner and printer, they used to look the part. I made one infront of my mum for a joke. Woke up one day and realised i could make money from this lol, took em to school, sold loads of em for fiver each. made like 30 quid in total, until 1 unsatisfied customer waved it in front of the whole class, the teacher then gave it to the onsite police officer, who then investigated.

I got caught out, someone snitched. They called me down, i went down, they asked me where i got it from, i said i made em. Teachers that were in the room were shocked by the good quality made by my age lol. They phoned home.

After i went home, ma parents asked why i sold em, i said it was only for a joke, they didnt shout much as they knew i was young and thats what kids do etc. Mum was called into school, the officer said she's gonna get me arrested or sumthing like that, and that il have to go into young offenders institution and il get criminal record or sumthin like that, cant remember much, well i put on a sad face and looked dissapointed. She told us that she'l continue the case later.

Forgot what happened later after that, just kept out of her way. Then the following year, that police officer got jailed for helping her son murder his girlfriend, she got done 3 years i think.

Question is, do i have a criminal record? How do i check? I am 18, almost 19. And am going to apply for uni soon. Thanks for reading and your responses.

Scroll to see replies

do you still sell them? :wink:

You can check at the local police station but you need to be cautioned and taken to a police station to gain a criminal record. If you have not had your details taken at the police station whilst being recorded then I am pretty sure you do not have a criminal record.

Under 18 crimes go away once your over 18 I think
you've got a quality writing style mate. hilarious hilarious
Reply 3
Lol :wink: They were superb quality too uno! Double sided, used to microwave each of em for 30 seconds, to get the real feel. U could hardly tell the difference. Damn that lil b***** that snitched! Was fun though, i used to be like the alan sugar of the school, used to flog everything, phones, sim cards, games, sweets etc. U name it. Dont regret one bit lol :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Marlo Stanfield
you've got a quality writing style mate. hilarious hilarious

What you mean?
Reply 5
Original post by VtecMB3
sold loads of em for fiver each. made like 30 quid in total

Selling 6 is hardly "loads".
You should've just dropped them on the floor and watch people pick them up and realise they're fake. Then they'd walk off and hope no one saw them :biggrin:

Hilarious and completely crime free :biggrin:
What school has an onsite police officer?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8
Original post by Drewski
Selling 6 is hardly "loads".

Yh, you can count, we know. And it was loads for a 11 year old. And was like printing my own money.
Original post by VtecMB3
What you mean?

the way you write; the way you phrase things and rattle one thing off after another - well, it's ****ing funny to read.
What kind of kids went to your school that were stupid enough to fall for that? Surely they would have been suspicious that a kid was selling £20 notes for £5 each instead of keeping the money for themselves.

In answer to your question, I highly doubt you have a record. You weren't convicted or even cautioned by the sounds of it.
In fact, it was printing your own money.
Reply 12
Original post by Jack22031994
What school has an onsite police officer?

The school was in a rough area, it was an onsite police officer, used to have metal detectors everyday searrching everyone for possible weapons lol :smile:

Shes locked up now, name was PC Melda Wilks
Reply 13
I have to ask, what was the IQ of the dick that honestly thought he was buying a twenty quid note for a fiver?
The economy could do with some more quantitative easing so get your scanner out again
Reply 15
Original post by Marlo Stanfield
the way you write; the way you phrase things and rattle one thing off after another - well, it's ****ing funny to read.

Trust :cool:.
Original post by VtecMB3
The school was in a rough area, it was an onsite police officer, used to have metal detectors everyday searrching everyone for possible weapons lol :smile:

Shes locked up now, name was PC Melda Wilks

Ah ok

Reply 17
Original post by C_G
I have to ask, what was the IQ of the dick that honestly thought he was buying a twenty quid note for a fiver?

Lol exactly, it was easy money for a 11 year old to make, they though it was a bargain and used to pay up, kept asking me for more lol
They use to go into newsagents, buy a few crisps at lunchtime, hand over the £20 note, and get like 15 quid change back, so it was win win lol :rolleyes:
Original post by VtecMB3
Hello, dont know if i posted in correct forum. Sorry if i didnt, basically when i was 11 years old (Year 7 at school), i used to make £20 notes at home using the colour scanner and printer, they used to look the part. I made one infront of my mum for a joke. Woke up one day and realised i could make money from this lol, took em to school, sold loads of em for fiver each. made like 30 quid in total, until 1 unsatisfied customer waved it in front of the whole class, the teacher then gave it to the onsite police officer, who then investigated.

I got caught out, someone snitched. They called me down, i went down, they asked me where i got it from, i said i made em. Teachers that were in the room were shocked by the good quality made by my age lol. They phoned home.

After i went home, ma parents asked why i sold em, i said it was only for a joke, they didnt shout much as they knew i was young and thats what kids do etc. Mum was called into school, the officer said she's gonna get me arrested or sumthing like that, and that il have to go into young offenders institution and il get criminal record or sumthin like that, cant remember much, well i put on a sad face and looked dissapointed. She told us that she'l continue the case later.

Forgot what happened later after that, just kept out of her way. Then the following year, that police officer got jailed for helping her son murder his girlfriend, she got done 3 years i think.

Question is, do i have a criminal record? How do i check? I am 18, almost 19. And am going to apply for uni soon. Thanks for reading and your responses.

What idiot could possibly think a £20 note printed on a colour printer could possibly be real? :confused: Worse still, why would anyone pay £5 for fakes?

I hope this is a troll :confused:
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The economy could do with some more quantitative easing so get your scanner out again

LMAO! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending