The Student Room Group

'80% of men unhappy with looks', are you one of them.......?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blind Ferret
The Media can go **** itself. That's the reason. Us, as men, have nothing near to what Women have when it comes to appearance altering products. Make-up makes such a profound difference it's unbelievable, almost unfair. Apart from the clowns that tan themselves, us men wake up and just be, all day. There's no wonder so many of us ain't 'appy.

What the **** are you talking about? It evens it out. The majority of men who are called good-looking wake up looking good. Whereas, the majority of women who are called good-looked don't wake up good looking. Media ain't the problem. Despite these supposed altering products, women can never match their ideal perfections.
Original post by Lollyage
There's no formula to getting girls. You will attract some, no matter what you are like, and there will be girls who wouldn't come anywhere near you, no matter how many perceived qualities you have. I get what you mean with trying to almost quantify your qualities - but it doesn't work that way. If you can feel yourself building up a connection with a girl, then you're doing something right for that particular person, there's no point in trying to 'improve' your personality/appearance to suit girls in general as that will never work.

True but we all want to increase our chances as much as possible right? We want the best opportunities in life.

It's like firing a shotgun at a target far in the distance. Some of the pellets will still connect, but a lot will miss. You might even miss all of them. That can be considered how attractive I am now. By working as best you can to improve yourself, you may move closer to the target. As a result, more pellets will connect, but yes, some will still miss. You might even miss altogether and never connect, but at least there's less chance of it.

It's just about increasing your chances. Guys don't like uncertainty. We can't sit around and pray that we find the right one(s). The only thing we can do is do our best to make sure it doesn't happen. We will never be sure, but we'll try lol
Original post by NuckingFut
How dyou think anyone who reads your posts feels? :rolleyes:

His post was pretty sarcastic if s didnt notice.

Huh? What gave you the idea that it's sarcastic? It's true. Guys won't reject a sugar mama if they're single and aren't wealthy and as long as plastic surgery isn't ridiculous shouldn't hinder your prospects.
Original post by de_monies
You know that men value personalities as well right, or at least I do? You can be the most attractive girl in the world, but have an ugly personality, and that's what'd make you "ugly" - not the fact that you don't consider yourself as attractive on the outside

Also, I preferred you as a person when you're trolling consisted of slating any one who disregarded Oxbridge etc... and now it's just "I'm ugly, I'm racist but I don't want to say it, I'm insecure" etc...

You could have the best personality in the world - means **** all if you're ugly on the outside.
Reply 64
Yes, I am unhappy unfortunately.
Reply 65
Original post by bmqib
henchness = k.attractiveness , for every girl on the planet

k>=1?
or 0<k<1?
or is k negative?
Original post by im so academic
You could have the best personality in the world - means **** all if you're ugly on the outside.

As long as you ain't trying to bang someone conventionally beautiful, you should be okay. Don't you find nerds i.e. unconventional boys, attractive?
I know my boyfriend isn't totally happy with his looks, he'd like to be a bit taller, he'd like to be more toned. He's proportioned fantastically, though, he's nice and broad without being too big, and slim without being too skinny. It's just one of those things. Even though he knows I love the way he looks, ultimately, people want to be happy with themselves, they don't just want other people to accept how they look. I think there are very few people who are genuinely, 100% happy with absolutely everything they see in the mirror.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Aisha~~
True but we all want to increase our chances as much as possible right? We want the best opportunities in life.

It's like firing a shotgun at a target far in the distance. Some of the pellets will still connect, but a lot will miss. You might even miss all of them. That can be considered how attractive I am now. By working as best you can to improve yourself, you may move closer to the target. As a result, more pellets will connect, but yes, some will still miss. You might even miss altogether and never connect, but at least there's less chance of it.

It's just about increasing your chances. Guys don't like uncertainty. We can't sit around and pray that we find the right one(s). The only thing we can do is do our best to make sure it doesn't happen. We will never be sure, but we'll try lol

Are you talking about muscle building or personality changing here? Because if it's the former, aren't you only really attracting one criteria of women (women who like big guys who lift)? How does that increase your chances?

Looks are a big factor, but why make it even harder for yourself and be a bitch, or for guys, a dick?

I was saying to a friend the other day, that the chavs around here do us guys a huge favour (though I'm not very successful in the female department :tongue:) by acting like pricks

EDIT: I'm surprised that "dick" passed the swear filter, but yeah whatever
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Id and Ego seek
Are you talking about muscle building or personality changing here? Because if it's the former, aren't you only really attracting one criteria of women (women who like big guys who lift)? How does that increase your chances?

Both. There's always a range that get rated most attractive by a majority. Not everyone. Maybe not even more than half. Just a majority.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dark Horse
I concur.

That forum reeks of arrogance :angry:
Original post by de_monies
That forum reeks of arrogance :angry:

It's mostly the result of horrific insecurity. 20-40 year old virgins galore. Shredded virgins, but still dangerously socially awkward (like this guy);

Still funny though.
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
As long as you ain't trying to bang someone conventionally beautiful, you should be okay. Don't you find nerds i.e. unconventional boys, attractive?

Since when did "unconventionally beautiful" meant "ugly"?

It doesn't. They're completely separate terms.
Original post by Aisha~~
Both. There's always a range that get rated most attractive by a majority. Not everyone. Maybe not even more than half. Just a majority.

Yeah, muscle building generally leads to confidence boost which is a personality change.

Original post by Aisha~~
It's mostly the result of horrific insecurity. 20-40 year old virgins galore. Shredded virgins, but still dangerously socially awkward (like this guy);

Still funny though.

Who is that, aware me? I have a hard time believing he is a virgin. With a body like that he doesn't have to do any talking.

Since when did "unconventionally beautiful" meant "ugly"?

It doesn't. They're completely separate terms.

True that, what kind of guys are you attracted to? I'll tell you whether they're probably out of your league.
Yeah, muscle building generally leads to confidence boost which is a personality change.

Who is that, aware me? I have a hard time believing he is a virgin. With a body like that he doesn't have to do any talking.

True that, what kind of guys are you attracted to? I'll tell you whether they're probably out of your league.

Believe it. Project_belair is his name. Really nice guy too. Could ofcourse be waiting for 'the one' or have not found anyone he wants yet. But I swear he wouldn't have to go through much effort to get her lol

I know. Forever alone.
Reply 77

Who is that, aware me? I have a hard time believing he is a virgin. With a body like that he doesn't have to do any talkining.

That guy is a miscer, Project_belair I think.
Original post by Aisha~~
Believe it. Project_belair is his name. Really nice guy too. Could ofcourse be waiting for 'the one' or have not found anyone he wants yet. But I swear he wouldn't have to go through much effort to get her lol

Damn I recognize his username, from cali right? Didn't know his a virgin, has to be by choice. Mind = blown if otherwise.
Damn I recognize his username, from cali right? Didn't know his a virgin, has to be by choice. Mind = blown if otherwise.

Yup. ****ing goal physique right there. Better than brakich if I'm honest. Shredded but not too far.

Quick Reply

Latest