The Student Room Group
Well if they are all going to be DDDDD then no good really.

Edit - i.e It would be useful if you can tell us the grades :biggrin:
Reply 2
Modern Languages, English and Drama would be the obvious ones.
Anything else which doesn't require specific subjects as well, i.e. Archaeology, Business (you will need a high grade in GCSE Maths), Philosophy, Law, Classics, Ancient History, Linguistics, European Studies, Politics/International Relations, loads of subjects to be honest.
What grades are you predicted? Is there anything that particularly interests you in your subjects?
Reply 3
Im predicted:

A level in Theatre -- A
A level in English Lit -- A
A level in English Lang -- A
A level in German -- A
AS level in Media -- B

I really enjoy Theatre, English and German. But I really don't know what course to even think of taking lol :smile:.
You can choose from a wide range of subjects then. I suggest you do a joint honours degree with one half with something that you are passionate about (maybe english?) and the other with a vocational subject (e.g law) and then you can always get a job at the end of it. However, you can also combine something with german and then you get the chance with a year abroad at some universities and employers like it too. Also, with such good grades, you would be able to get into a top notch university.
Reply 5
dumdum123
Im predicted:

A level in Theatre -- A
A level in English Lit -- A
A level in English Lang -- A
A level in German -- A
AS level in Media -- B

I really enjoy Theatre, English and German. But I really don't know what course to even think of taking lol :smile:.

You should definitely consider Modern Languages or a language combined with something else. Less and less people are applying for languages nowadays, which is great if you want to do them because it means that you will need much lower grades:biggrin:
You could easily get onto a German degree or a Modern Languages degree where you can do German and start another language from scratch (ab initio).
You could even try for a degree combining English with German or another language ab initio.
Have a look at these unis for a start:
www.dur.ac.uk
www.nottingham.ac.uk
www.warwick.ac.uk
www.ucl.ac.uk
www.ed.ac.uk
www.rhul.ac.uk
www.kcl.ac.uk
www.ex.ac.uk

With your grades you stand a good chance at any one of these unis:biggrin:
I would suggest Oxbridge, but you really would need to know which subject you wanted to study and be really really passionate about it (if you decide you want to try though, then that's fine too).
PM me if you would like any help/info:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending