The Student Room Group

Do you date outside your race?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MancBoy
This is why interracial dating is so rare.

Is it? Just curious having been in a relationship with a black girl myself. Find it a bit strange given the immigration we had during the 60s from the Commonwealth and the such. Most people have preferences but I fail to see why people have a seemingly laid out criteria. As far as I go, someone can be from Morocco, Kiribati, India, Japan, Somalia, Iran, Ghana, Turkey etc. I couldn't care less. Remember coming across a nice woman from Seychelles on the way to town a while back. Nationality/race is no issue for me.
I am mixed. White and Hispanic. I've only ever dated white guys. But since I live in a town that is 75% white, I guess it should be expected.
I recently came out so I don't date men anymore. The only girls I've been into are white as well. My ex-girlfriend is white.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my PC36100
Reply 82
I'm middle eastern, in my hometown we had white and tanned people, though in the middle east we classify the whites into two categories. The red whites that just burn in the sun (lol) and the other whites that tan very easily (like me), we also had Muslims and Christians, so I'm already used to the "different colours" though for us it's mostly a cultural thing, rather than a race thing. Long story short, yes I would.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Are you including Inuits then? I suppose, by a stretch, you could put them with Chinese anthropologically speaking under the very broad umbrella of "mongoloid" but I never bother with that definition.

Yes, although my general point was that dating anyone (other than my brother :rolleyes: ) would be dating outside my race, to some extent. From both a cultural and a racial view.
Reply 84
Why not I love women of all races but I must say I fall for a particular race more so than not beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Beauty is for each individual to see not what society thinks or say.

The test and proof you want is conducted with a biased opinion from the start. Not gay, but I have seen a lot and I mean a lot of black dicks from that I can tell you most blacks are definitely bigger than 7" even 8 but I have also seen small black dick but the ratio is like 3 in 100. Now I have not seen a lot of other race dick beside Internet so I can't say

But relationship is about caring for someone you love, happy to be together until is goes sour lol, beliefs and chemistry. But I can understand why people will choose not to date outside their race some is religion reason, society/their surround and belief but I will say don’t limit yourself you can learn something about yourself or others and be come a better man/woman. Take some time to talk to someone who has a totally different culture/race you just might learn something new.
Original post by G-Hova
Not gay, but I have seen a lot and I mean a lot of black dicks

:confused:

By the way I'm teetotal, I only drink at weekends.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Wilfred Little
Don't really know what to make of this to be honest :confused:

How many non-white people have you met?

I've lived in London for over a year, so quite a lot
Reply 87
Original post by Wilfred Little
:confused:

By the way I'm teetotal, I only drink at weekends.

Lol I was born in the same country you are representing went to boarding school at an earlier age so i know :colone:
What I find funny about this topic is when people say interracial or outside your race everybody assume it's only black and white.
(edited 11 years ago)
If they are nice, have a good personality, and are respectful, then race really doesn't matter to me :smile:
Original post by G-Hova
Why not I love women of all races but I must say I fall for a particular race more so than not beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Beauty is for each individual to see not what society thinks or say.

The test and proof you want is conducted with a biased opinion from the start. Not gay, but I have seen a lot and I mean a lot of black dicks from that I can tell you most blacks are definitely bigger than 7" even 8 but I have also seen small black dick but the ratio is like 3 in 100. Now I have not seen a lot of other race dick beside Internet so I can't say

But relationship is about caring for someone you love, happy to be together until is goes sour lol, beliefs and chemistry. But I can understand why people will choose not to date outside their race some is religion reason, society/their surround and belief but I will say don’t limit yourself you can learn something about yourself or others and be come a better man/woman. Take some time to talk to someone who has a totally different culture/race you just might learn something new.

Totally agree with this!
I'm open to women of all races.
In my life I've found every race attractive.. Whether that be on the bus and spotting a good looking girl to people at college. Every race I've found attractive. But saying that, I don't think I would go out with a Muslim girl because of the conflicts with their beliefs.

I do however have a slight preference for Mixed-Race girls and Latinas.. That's just the way it is.

Personal Preference.
Original post by ilem
What about international (not necessarily interracial) dating?

Done this. I've had no choice. I'm a Canadian in the UK and I don't know of any others around.
I haven't dated outside my race but I would so long as the chemistry etc is all there.
Reply 94
I haven't so far, so I've put no, but that's not to say I wouldn't. I've grown up in predominantly white areas though, so there wasn't much opportunity to date outside that circle. Having lived in Korea though, I had the opportunity to date Korean guys but that didn't work out too well mainly because of cultural differences and the fact I'm not too keen on obtaining a 'trophy white girlfriend' title. I'd consider dating outside my race if culture wasn't an issue though. Met some pretty interesting Asian-Europeans/Americans but they were unfortunately never around long enough for me to date :frown:
Reply 95
Original post by fl4mers
I haven't so far, so I've put no, but that's not to say I wouldn't. I've grown up in predominantly white areas though, so there wasn't much opportunity to date outside that circle. Having lived in Korea though, I had the opportunity to date Korean guys but that didn't work out too well mainly because of cultural differences and the fact I'm not too keen on obtaining a 'trophy white girlfriend' title. I'd consider dating outside my race if culture wasn't an issue though. Met some pretty interesting Asian-Europeans/Americans but they were unfortunately never around long enough for me to date :frown:

I agree, well I think the trophy girlfriend applies to each race though. I think latinos/southern europeans and white people get it the worst with trophy girlfriends. Culture seems to be a big problem though which pisses me off.

I don't really have a different culture though, people who have lived here for most of their life don't have that culture problem here either. The parents will(don't think my mum would be too happy if I brought home a white/carribean/nigerian girlfriend especially the last two) but I think that's not a problem if the actual people dating don't care. But culture is a big problem.

Religion is a big problem too wrt culture.
Original post by jam277
I agree, well I think the trophy girlfriend applies to each race though. I think latinos/southern europeans and white people get it the worst with trophy girlfriends. Culture seems to be a big problem though which pisses me off.

I don't really have a different culture though, people who have lived here for most of their life don't have that culture problem here either. The parents will(don't think my mum would be too happy if I brought home a white/carribean/nigerian girlfriend especially the last two) but I think that's not a problem if the actual people dating don't care. But culture is a big problem.

Religion is a big problem too wrt culture.

What's wrong with having a Nigerian girlfriend?

Just curious.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 97
Original post by Dee Leigh
What's wrong with having a Nigerian girlfriend?

Just curious.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830

Guess what country my mum is from? The country that hates nigerians but loves them at the same time?
I haven't, but there's no reason why I wouldn't. Unless they weren't British-born and our cultures clashed, I guess. Though I like learning about other cultures. :smile:
Reply 99
I would love to date someone outside of my race. After all, friendship and love know no boundaries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending