The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
:party::party::party:

I ACTUALLY PASSED FIRST TIME!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

3 minors :biggrin:

although I'm super super happy that I didn't have to reverse around the corner :biggrin: I ACTUALLY would have failed if I got that - I've only done it twice before :p: My mum took time off work this morning so I could practice - she was like 'pick two manoeuvres and we'll practice those till you get it right' so I picked parallel parking and turn in the road, and those were the two I got :biggrin: LUCK!! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Congratulations :biggrin:
sadie-kiki

although I'm super super happy that I didn't have to reverse around the corner :biggrin: I ACTUALLY would have failed if I got that - I've only done it twice before :p: My mum took time off work this morning so I could practice - she was like 'pick two manoeuvres and we'll practice those till you get it right' so I picked parallel parking and turn in the road, and those were the two I got :biggrin: LUCK!! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

lol i got reverse park having only done that about 4 times -.- turned out i ****** it up rofl but still passed and only got a minor
Reply 1783
I PASSED! I've had so many damn lessons. Was sure I hit the kerb doing reverse park, I'm so thrilled :biggrin:
Sh4w
I PASSED! I've had so many damn lessons. Was sure I hit the kerb doing reverse park, I'm so thrilled :biggrin:

wooooo! well done, must be such a relief! how many minors?
Reply 1785
BananaMuffin
wooooo! well done, must be such a relief! how many minors?

Thanks very much :smile: 3 minors, 2 for being hesitant at roundabouts, 1 for not letting a guy walk out in front of me. When's your test?
Sh4w
Thanks very much :smile: 3 minors, 2 for being hesitant at roundabouts, 1 for not letting a guy walk out in front of me. When's your test?

well done, 3 minors is great!

Mines currently booked for the 1st december, hehe already feeling the test nerves! Any tips? How many lessons did you have?
Reply 1787
BananaMuffin
well done, 3 minors is great!

Mines currently booked for the 1st december, hehe already feeling the test nerves! Any tips? How many lessons did you have?

I had 54 hours in the end. My first instructor took it pretty slowly, then quit when I was nearly ready to book my test. So then I had a 2 month break and a fair few lessons with my second instructor. Just make sure you've practised the manoeuvres to a good standard, and concentrate. I was probably more nervous then I've ever been in my life... How many lessons have you had?
AHHHHH!! 4 minors! =) Can't believe I passed! Sooooo happy!!

My instructor believed that the test centre was on strike so I wouldn't have to do it, but turns out it is next Monday so I totally didn't expect that I had to do it and didn't really have time to freak out like I usually do, which is good I suppose! =)
Reply 1789
I passed mine about 2 years ago, but i felt like posting anyway..

Passed first time, can't remember the minors, about 9 i think.
Reply 1790
passed on the 20th of last month 5 minors. I so happy because that was my 4th attempt, finally I passed. I still havent got my head round it because I havent recieved my photocard back yet, but everytime I look in my wallet I feel happy because my provisional is no longer in there, Im still happy, it hasent worn off yet.
I passed today :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

4 minors. But one was so close to a serious, because i very nearly forgot to put on a right signal when approaching a huge roundabout. But he said the rest of my drive was great, and he is putting it down as a 'random act of madness' :rofl:

I had to do a reverse round the corner, and turn in the road, but the second manouver was great because the road was huge! :smile:

Ahh i'm happy. I've just got to wait for my insurance cover note to come, so i can tax my car.
becky.fm
I passed today :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

4 minors. But one was so close to a serious, because i very nearly forgot to put on a right signal when approaching a huge roundabout. But he said the rest of my drive was great, and he is putting it down as a 'random act of madness' :rofl:

I had to do a reverse round the corner, and turn in the road, but the second manouver was great because the road was huge! :smile:

Ahh i'm happy. I've just got to wait for my insurance cover note to come, so i can tax my car.

:five: Awesome :biggrin:
tami*
weird things happen to me in the test :confused: i drive fine normally, everyone expected me to pass first time round as well :cry:

test 1: did 60 instead of 70 when national speed limit applied (10 minors)
test 2: was concentrating so hard to make sure guy on zebra crossing made it safely to the other side, when i started to drive off, didn't notice woman step onto it (8 minors)
test 3: lane ******* discipline (5 minors)
test 4: mirror minors built up to 1 serious (2 minors, minus the mirrors)

do you really have to do 70 as they tell you? you failed because you had it on 60?!??:eek: that's cruel..
lorrybeep
do you really have to do 70 as they tell you? you failed because you had it on 60?!??:eek: that's cruel..

i don't think so, so long as ur not slowing anyone down
apparantly i slowed people down and caused them to change lane and overtake etc. :s-smilie:
tami*
i don't think so, so long as ur not slowing anyone down
apparantly i slowed people down and caused them to change lane and overtake etc. :s-smilie:

opsy...:frown:
Yeeeaaa :smile:
Yesturday, my 3rd attempt, i then reversed out of my drive and snapped the wing mirror off... ooops...
:P
Reply 1797
e-m-i-l-y
Yesturday, my 3rd attempt, i then reversed out of my drive and snapped the wing mirror off... ooops...

haha i found tht post funny :-)
I also passed my test last week and iv also done stupid things since which would of definately caused me to fail. starting to doubt they should of passed me at all lol.
I ran a red light thn cut up sum van when joining an A road :-S
Jade4666
haha i found tht post funny :-)
I also passed my test last week and iv also done stupid things since which would of definately caused me to fail. starting to doubt they should of passed me at all lol.
I ran a red light thn cut up sum van when joining an A road :-S

I know what you mean about doing stupid things. :frown: Today, i was at a big roundabout, and it was clear. The jeep in front of me was being a bit of a maniac (cut someone up then moved inbetween lanes), and i expected him to go as it was clear. I double checked to my right, and my car was rolling forward very slowly. The jeep slammed his brakes on for no reason, and i was so close to going into the back of him. I should have been watching what he was doing tbh. It would be terrible to have an accident on the second day of driving :bawling:
e-m-i-l-y

lol what did you snap if off :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending