The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich) Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by i'm the daddy!
are there many people out there still on hold, waiting for rejection??

Quite a few it seems, are you on hold as well ?
yes I am beginning to assume the people on hold are actually awaiting people with more than two offers to decline a place at UEA ?
Reply 982
Original post by lordmackery
It was fantastic!

We were put into groups of 10 students and we had a practise pbl session and a seminar on consultation skills. This allowed everyone to get involved and ask questions to the medical students etc :smile:
There was a short talk by the Dean (who was awesome and very funny) and then lunch was provided.
We were also taken on a campus tour and saw the accomodation, then we saw the hospital and got to take blood from a dummy arm, perform cardiac examinations on a dummy and save another dummy from dying in an A&E situation :smile: very fun indeed!
Everyone in my group and who I talked to was lovely, definitely firming, I love UEA :smile:

Me too! loved it!!!!!

What group were you in? I was in B.
It was fantastic!

We were put into groups of 10 students and we had a practise pbl session and a seminar on consultation skills. This allowed everyone to get involved and ask questions to the medical students etc :smile:
There was a short talk by the Dean (who was awesome and very funny) and then lunch was provided.
We were also taken on a campus tour and saw the accomodation, then we saw the hospital and got to take blood from a dummy arm, perform cardiac examinations on a dummy and save another dummy from dying in an A&E situation :smile: very fun indeed!
Everyone in my group and who I talked to was lovely, definitely firming, I love UEA :smile:

Omg that sounds so damn amazing!!!!

Original post by laurawoods
omg sounds so scary ...i dont want to do pbl ...i am so shy

Haha I totally know how you feel, it should be fun getting used to PBL.
Reply 984
So yeah, like already mentioned, we were in a PBL situation, and basically we had a scenario, it was a 72 year old man who had been exposed to various risk factors associated with stroke, and his wife came back and realised that he had slurred speech, etc and called an ambulance. We then wrote out key oints, turned them into questions, and were told that they would be divided amongst us, and we would bring the points back to a feedback session if this were real. It was fab, I think it would be so great to learn like that. :smile:
And accomodation was pretty good, the rooms were reasonable (Pretty small in terms of the bedroom you have at home probably, but great by uni standards!) and really well priced. And the campus was really pretty and there were bunnies everywhere :biggrin:
Reply 985

Evryone was really nice, I wouldn't worry. When we go to uni pretty much all of us won't already know someone so I'm sure that we'll all be a bit timid and shy. But yeah everyone was lovely :smile:
I am definitely firming UEA, :biggrin:
Congrats to everyone who has offers!

I would definitely firm UEA - it's awesome here :ninja:
Reply 988
Oh and it was sooo pretty? Did I mention that? I just really really really liked it :smile:
Really enjoyed the day :smile:
To those of you who didn't get to come you might be able to email and ask for the PBL sheets we used, worth a try :smile:

Haha I'm sure we'll all get used to it :smile: it helps that everyone is so lovely :smile:

Original post by BooAlphie
Me too! loved it!!!!!

What group were you in? I was in B.

Same!!!! I was the short blonde dude :smile: Who were you?
Reply 991
Original post by KeepMovingForward
Thanks! Its fine though cos i have an offer for leicester so i probably would have declined it anyway :smile:

Good on you mate...I have another offer as well... I think I'm gonna decline UEA....
Reply 992
Haha I'm sure we'll all get used to it :smile: it helps that everyone is so lovely :smile:

Same!!!! I was the short blonde dude :smile: Who were you?

Really?! I was the short Asian girl, I was sitting between the girl in the headscarf and the girl with blonde hair in the pbl session, wbu?
FIRMED!! :smile:
It was all good. Were you wearing white jacket and a scarf yesterday?
Reply 995
Original post by Applicant...
It was all good. Were you wearing white jacket and a scarf yesterday?

me? nope, navy coat, black cardigan and jeans, patterned top and navy scarf with red dots on it. And dark red converse.
Yeah I really liked all of the accomodation
Reply 996
Guys check out my sig!! :biggrin::eek3:
Original post by Topcat94
Guys check out my sig!! :biggrin::eek3:

Woo! Nice :biggrin:
Original post by BooAlphie
Really?! I was the short Asian girl, I was sitting between the girl in the headscarf and the girl with blonde hair in the pbl session, wbu?

hello, u from india, if u dont mind me asking u ?
Hello there, do anyone on here know by when we have to firm UEA? :smile: thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending