The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Floozie
A 8.40 test means you have to have a driving lessons before at 7.40! :eek:

QUOTE]

I hadn't had lessons off an instructor for a year and a half before my test and did it in my own car so didn't have the early bird lesson!
Reply 181
Just failed my first test. Got 2 majors, one for not pulling over close enough to the curb, and one major for using the lane to turn left, when I was supposed to be turning right...didn't realise I was on a one way street, so thought the right hand lane was for cars coming the other way :redface:
Reply 182
Awwwww unlucky, hopefully you'll get it next time.:smile:

I've got my 1st test at 11.41 on wednesday......not nervous.....yet!:redface:
Reply 183
I probably would have failed my test today. However I got a phone call at 9am this morning to say it had been cancelled, due to examiners illness.

I was so annoyed, all that nervousness for nothing!
Reply 184
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah got my test tomorrow

I was fine until today, when I just kind of realised tuesday is TOMORROW! Buggeration. Second go as well. I'd better bloody pass, I am SO skint!!
leona
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah got my test tomorrow

I was fine until today, when I just kind of realised tuesday is TOMORROW! Buggeration. Second go as well. I'd better bloody pass, I am SO skint!!

Aww, I know how you feel. My bank balance has depleted to peanuts due to the cost of learning to drive.

Good luck for tomorrow.
I think thats the worst part, i'm a student and could not afford the expense of failing. So when i did fail it was painfull.
Reply 187
Umm tell me about it guys......i have to go to the bank to put in £20 so that the cheque I gave to my instructor doesn't bounce!!! If I fail tomorrow, i'm going to have to borrow the money, £200 for lessons and test, and try to get it sorted b4 uni starts, which is in less then 6 weeks for me!:redface:

How many tests have you taken Zakatu???
Two, i passed the second one :smile:

The thing is every lesson i had and the test was driving me further into my overdraft. So i really didn't want to fail a second time. Because the test is about £100 when you include the lesson before etc

The other thing is that when you start uni taking a test becomes a lot harder. Because i had to wait for the break. I diddn't fancy taking the test in a whole new area.
Reply 189
I failed yesterday :frown: Again :frown:

As a student failing more than once sucks...:p:

I was coming out the test centre, told to turn left, but there were roadworks so I couldn't go as far to the left as normal as there was a massive roadwork sign, so he failed me for 'road positioning' I mean what did he want me to do?! RUN OVER THE SIGN?! :mad:

Never mind, at least I didn't crash! It's just annoying to fail for something so stupid and especially when it's not your fault :frown: The examiner even had the cheek to say I was a good driver...so why did you fail me?! :confused:

Anyway, rant over :redface: I'm used to failing now :redface:
That sounds rather unfair. Did you guestion him about it?

It sounds like either he is a bastard or perhaps you gave the sign too much space in the circumstances.
Zakatu
I think thats the worst part, i'm a student and could not afford the expense of failing. So when i did fail it was painfull.

It's even more painful when the examiner fails you for his own misconception. On my first test, he failed me because he thought I might pull out on a roundabout when it was unsafe, when I was doing nothing of the sort :mad:

I seem to get the b******s who will fail you for tiny little things, my instructor can't believe my luck.
Reply 192
I faied 4 the first time today it was absolutly heartbreaking coz in my area it is virtually impossible to get another test within the next 4 weeks which is all i have before i go on holiday and then back to uni but u never know! I got cross coz he gave me mintors for things which were his fault like he told me to turn left like sooo close to a junction so i didnt have time to slow down and gear and look at everything properly!!! But I think my biggest fault was i 4got to stop and look around during the bay park as I was swinging out!!!
Reply 193
I failed shockingly today. :frown:

1 serious
7 minors ... tell me about it

Firstly, I was very happy today morning, confident and ready, but I couldnt find my document piece for the provisional license, so I missedd the first hour of a driving i was meant to have b4 the test, trying to find the document. After much searching to no avail, we drove to the test centre (me & instructor) in hope that the assessor will let me of for not having the document piece. So he did and I was happy but felt a bit down due to this happening.
The beginning of the test was next to perfect, but towards the end, I felt slacking and it was at a roundabout where I was in the wrong lane so just before the exit, I slowed down trying to get into the lane, and nearly missed a car that was on that lane. (serious) :mad:

I'm sad that I was so close on my first try, and i'll have to do it all again. :frown:
Is there anything you can do when the driving examiner you had is a complete jerk. I mean, today I didnt **** all wrong and he failed me for not lookin in my mirrors something like 7 times, but the thing that pissed me off is that I was lookin in my mirrors and he just didnt see that I was. So because he isnt alert as he should be, I suffered. I tell you the DSA is a joke and they're just conning people out of money. I can't afford a retest now and I gota find my way to Reading Festival before it starts! :frown:
I doubt you can be blameless if he recorded 7 minors. I mean, they can miss one or two looks. But seven?
Reply 196

i failed my first test today at southend.. bleurghh..
got 2 majors - one for going too slow at a 50mph bend in the rain, and the other coz i messed up my parallel park - and i can usually do them perfectly!

but im more angry about the next test... earliest i can get is up to 7 weeks! what's up with that!?
Reply 197
I achieved a miracle I managed to get another test for 24th august I am unbelieveably pleased with myself lol!!
Reply 198
lisiang
but im more angry about the next test... earliest i can get is up to 7 weeks! what's up with that!?

If that's true then does that mean, the earliest I'll be able to get mine is after 7 weeks also? essentially we are all talking about the same DSA company ... :frown:
Yes, the waits are so long.

If you ring up for cancellations i think you stand a good chance of getting an earlier date.

The problem with the DSA system if that you can cancel 3 days before with no penalty, Yet book months in advance. I have a suspicion this is adding to the delays. Why can't they employ more examiners if they are so over-stretched? only in a government organisation would you find the customers having to wait 2 months.

Latest

Trending

Trending